Smackdown is so good.
West-Flemish for behinners:

- Dust means thirsty.
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,923

Re: WWE SmackDown Discussion II 

Post#1782 » by tugs » Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:52 am

Was ignoring their matches from past weeks and caught them tonight just because of Bianca and Sasha but damn Natalya and Temina looking solid. How did that random pairing happen again?
tres
Sophomore
And1: 208

Post#1783 » by tres » Sat Mar 13, 2021 2:52 pm

tugs wrote:Was ignoring their matches from past weeks and caught them tonight just because of Bianca and Sasha but damn Natalya and Temina looking solid. How did that random pairing happen again?

They came together out of nowhere a few weeks ago. It’s obvious that Natalya & Temina are going to take the belts off Jax & Shayna coz Bianca & Sasha can’t get along & I really feel a heel turn coming for Sasha Banks by teaming up with Reginald.
tres
Sophomore

Post#1784 » by tres » Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:00 am

SmackDown was very good tonight!
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#1785 » by WRau1 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:45 am

Digging some of the new stuff Rollins is adding to his schtick, reminds me a lot of early Kurt Angle.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#1786 » by Ruzious » Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:05 pm

WRau1 wrote:Digging some of the new stuff Rollins is adding to his schtick, reminds me a lot of early Kurt Angle.

And he did a great job of putting over Nakamura - finally someone did. Sasha Banks was so good against Nia Jax.

And Bryan and Reigns have been working so well together - their promos have been terrific the last few weeks.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,522

Post#1787 » by Dr Positivity » Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:49 pm

Scott Hall wrote:
Ruzious wrote:
Scott Hall wrote:I'm way behind and just catching up on Smackdown now...

And I wanna mention Seth Rollins and say this "Messiah" gimmick has been a total fail and he's not pulling it off at all.
I thought it had good potential at the beginning with AOP and Murphy but it just went up in flames.

Also he's not good on the mic at all and it's not so much the verbiage I think it's his raspy voice and he goes on way to
long. Also the ponytail bun and jacket I know he's trying to get heat with it and look like a guy you want to see get his
ass kicked but it just looks "Wrestling stupid" like change the channel heat.

I was so high on Rollins when he first debuted in WWE the first 2 years and for the most part accolades wise he's lived up
to the hype with what he's accomplished. But after his last failed baby face run flop and now this he doesn't feel special
anymore he's also become stale and boring and another guy in this era that's a good worker but can't connect as a character
and just feels like a dime a dozen guy who can have solid matches but not much else.

Al Perez really invented Rollins' look - with more muscle mass. He was a big star in World Class in the Von Erich era and was expected to star in the WWF but pretty much was a big flop there. Then he got the gig as Black Scorpion in WCW to haunt Sting but supposedly quit when they booked him to lose.

Wow looks exactly like him in that pic... I also think he looks like Bruiser Brody at times. I remember when I was
younger I never understood why so many wrestlers had long hair like a woman. Even to this day I barely ever see
men with long hair in real life outside of the rocker type guy that I still barely ever see.

I think the most simple explanation would be that with the pressure to have a unique look, growing out the hair is one cheat code in that department, there's a reason Daniel Bryan went goatman, I wouldn't have cut it if I was him or Gable honestly. AJ finally showing up to WWE with long hair, facial hair, colorful gear and gloves was probably not a coincidence. If you're a big guy like Corbin or Rusev it probably doesn't make that much of a idfference.
Scott Hall
RealGM
And1: 62,604

Post#1788 » by Scott Hall » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:56 am

Dr Positivity wrote:
Scott Hall wrote:
Ruzious wrote:Al Perez really invented Rollins' look - with more muscle mass. He was a big star in World Class in the Von Erich era and was expected to star in the WWF but pretty much was a big flop there. Then he got the gig as Black Scorpion in WCW to haunt Sting but supposedly quit when they booked him to lose.

Wow looks exactly like him in that pic... I also think he looks like Bruiser Brody at times. I remember when I was
younger I never understood why so many wrestlers had long hair like a woman. Even to this day I barely ever see
men with long hair in real life outside of the rocker type guy that I still barely ever see.

I think the most simple explanation would be that with the pressure to have a unique look, growing out the hair is one cheat code in that department, there's a reason Daniel Bryan went goatman, I wouldn't have cut it if I was him or Gable honestly. AJ finally showing up to WWE with long hair, facial hair, colorful gear and gloves was probably not a coincidence. If you're a big guy like Corbin or Rusev it probably doesn't make that much of a idfference.

Would be kind of interesting to look at rosters through the years and see the ratio of long haired guys to bald guys to
medium hair cut guys. I remember clean shaven short haired AJ Styles who used to wear that corny necklace in TNA
he looked like he was a member of the Backstreet Boys or N'Sync lol. And Daniel Bryan you ever see him back in 2010
and 2011 clean shaven with short hair he looks like a little boy. I guess with the little guys like them being more hairy
makes them look more manly and tougher as well as more credible to the audience.

Still outside of some Rock music groups Wrestling has been the only other place I've seen men with long hair like that.
Dr Positivity
RealGM

Post#1789 » by Dr Positivity » Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:51 pm

I have not watched Fast Lane yet so I'm not sure if this has already been proven right or not, but when I saw Rollins feuding Cesaro my assumption was Cesaro was the classic Fast Lane warm up match. Cesaro is Bryan's friend so Rollins beats him and then feuds Bryan at Wrestlemania. Perfect, you have the smark friendly potential 5 star match of the weekend and unless I'm forgetting something, a very fresh feud. So you would expect the sequence to be Nakamura - Smackdown, Cesaro - Fast Lane, Bryan - Wrestlemania. But then Vince moved everyone up and did Nakamura at Fast Lane and presumably Cesaro at Wrestlemania. This must be cause they panicked about Reigns and Edge promos not being that great and added Bryan to the match? Otherwise why pass on the obvious Rollins-Bryan when both would have nothing to do? Will DB once again be winning the title in a triple threat at Wrestlemania? On the bright side for Rollins after the low profile of feuding Cesaro at Wrestlemania (no offense to him, I hope they give them a long match) Reigns can soon put him back on the island of relevancy since they can do some Reigns-Rollins vs Bryan-Cesaro and tear the house down.

I could also see the original plan being Edge vs McIntyre or something and they saw that heel Reigns was just too big right now and decided to go with him vs Edge instead to make peacock happy. That would have explained the Raw match cause no way in hell Lashley vs McIntyre was their original plan or else they wouldn't have burned it last summer.
tres
Sophomore

Post#1790 » by tres » Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:07 am

SmackDown tonight was overall a mediocre show but that ending was gold! Thank you Heel Edge
Celtsfan1980
Assistant Coach
And1: 192

Post#1791 » by Celtsfan1980 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:36 pm

I can't say I hate Corbin, but they have much better. For those who don't like Rollins, more Rollins should mean less Corbin. That is a positive.
Dr Positivity
RealGM

Post#1792 » by Dr Positivity » Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:06 pm

Celtsfan1980 wrote:I can't say I hate Corbin, but they have much better. For those who don't like Rollins, more Rollins should mean less Corbin. That is a positive.

Corbin face turn would be weird
Dr Positivity
RealGM

Post#1793 » by Dr Positivity » Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:12 pm

tres wrote:
tugs wrote:Was ignoring their matches from past weeks and caught them tonight just because of Bianca and Sasha but damn Natalya and Temina looking solid. How did that random pairing happen again?

They came together out of nowhere a few weeks ago. It’s obvious that Natalya & Temina are going to take the belts off Jax & Shayna coz Bianca & Sasha can’t get along & I really feel a heel turn coming for Sasha Banks by teaming up with Reginald.

I think Sasha and Carmella should be a team with Reggie making up with Mella. They sort of hinted at during their feud how Sasha and Carmella are more alike than they realized. I know Carmella and Bayley are the real life friends but character wise it doesn't work. Speaking of Bayley I wonder if she will have a match, I think she will do an open challenge and face someone (surprise NXT star like Dakota Kai, Molly Holly, cleared Paige, or just Charlotte?) if she was going to face Michael Cole they would have made the storyline more obvious by now.
improper
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,405

Post#1794 » by improper » Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:00 pm

Dr Positivity wrote:Corbin face turn would be weird

I don't think you can turn a guy face who gets go away heat.
tres
Sophomore

Post#1795 » by tres » Sat Apr 3, 2021 2:03 am

Very good show tonight, love seeing Carmella back on TV again & the way Daniel Bryan ended the show as an aggressive face was perfect.
Celtsfan1980
Assistant Coach
And1: 192

Post#1796 » by Celtsfan1980 » Sat Apr 3, 2021 4:27 pm

Carmella is better on the mic than any of the show's other top females, and adequate in the ring. I hope she gets some big victories in the future.

They'll need new wrestlers after Wrestlemania. I hope Sonya starts wrestling again.

Carmella and Bayley were good as a team. I'm not sure why they don't wrestle together anymore.

Other than the obvious Bryan/Edge vs. Uso/Reigns match which hasn't been done yet I hope they can move on from Bryan vs. Uso.
Dr Positivity
RealGM

Post#1797 » by Dr Positivity » Sat Apr 3, 2021 5:09 pm

When Jimmy Uso come back you could make the heel Usos dominate the tag division as part of Reigns faction... but what would they do? Feud Rey and Dominik, Alexander/Benjamin (now face I presume), etc.? I think Jey is legit and could go on to be IC or US champion very shortly... Then if Jimmy is as good in singles then you have 2x assets. I say pull the trigger and move Jimmy to Raw and make him bright colours and facepaint Uso or something.
tres
Sophomore

Post#1798 » by tres » Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:10 am

Very average show tonight, didn’t get me too hyped for WrestleMania. I felt like all those match promos (Mainly from Raw) were unnecessary, really killed the vibe of the show. The fatal 4 way Tag match was good though & Jey Uso winning the Andre The Giant battle Royal was good as well.

I’m glad Banks vs Belair will be main eventing Night 1 & the Triple Threat Universal Championship match will be main eventing Night 2.
Amare_1_Knicks
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,290

Post#1799 » by Amare_1_Knicks » Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:26 am

I enjoyed DB and Roman’s respective promos. They both nailed it. Missed most of Edge’s but I’m sure his was good too.

ATGMB was an okay match — didn’t have much energy to it but led well into the last segment.

I feel like the build for Sasha/Bianca hasn’t been strong enough to warrant it going on last, but I’m indifferent to it. I think Drew/Lashley are both more deserving of that spot.
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,273

Post#1800 » by jakecronus8 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:06 am

Lashley and Drew have the most coveted spot on any card this year. First match with fans will have the hottest crowd in a long time
Do it for Chuck

Return to Pro Wrestling