WWE SmackDown Discussion II

Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,863

Re: WWE SmackDown Discussion II 

Post#181 » by Stanford » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:38 am

LLJ wrote:Main problem is too much talent for 2 hours.

Third brand incoming
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#182 » by Spens1 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:44 am

smackdowns tag team division is going to be so stacked.

New Day, The BAR, The Usos AND Gallows & Anderson plus you add the Bludgeon Brothers. Wow

Also Cien Almas coming up was the right call, i hope he immediately goes after Jeff hardy, give him that US title and then have him feud with Dillinger.

Then Samoa Joe coming over also, bloody hell the main event scene will be stacked.

Kind of predicted Asuka but it is a good move, they need a legit main event monster and she is that. Guessing she'll take the title off of Carmella, the division got a cleanup off the rabble which is good i guess.

Sanity also, ok this confirms it, this is legit peak TNA coming in (Styles, Joe and Young all in the smackdown roster).

Only addition that i thought was weak was Big Cass (who the hell cares, lets be honest).
Spens1
RealGM

Post#183 » by Spens1 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:48 am

Stanford wrote:
LLJ wrote:Main problem is too much talent for 2 hours.

Third brand incoming

If they did the ECW revival right (like an actual edgier product than the other two) i could see it working. If not, revive Nitro?
Mich3006
Head Coach
And1: 3,682

Post#184 » by Mich3006 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:21 am

Balor would‘ve been a better choice than Joe IMO. Faces are stacked at Raw while Styles, Jeff and DB are the only ones at Smackdown (I don’t want to see the Miz being a face or Orton back in the main event).

Usos or New Day on Raw would be better as well.

Overall, the shake up was really necessary and well done.
bestnamezRtaken
Senior
And1: 349

Post#185 » by bestnamezRtaken » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:31 am

Nikki Cross will be staying in NXT while Sanity goes to SmackDown Live. Terrible move, this hurts the group in my opinion...but I don't know a whole lot about the group, so please, someone convince me this actually isn't that damaging to the group...
Kobe Bryant was asked who he feels is the toughest opponent to guard in the NBA. Instead of picking OKC's Kevin Durant, Bryant went with Portland’s Brandon Roy.

"Roy 365 days, seven days a week. Roy has no weaknesses in his game."
improper
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,405

Post#186 » by improper » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:10 am

bestnamezRtaken wrote:Nikki Cross will be staying in NXT while Sanity goes to SmackDown Live. Terrible move, this hurts the group in my opinion...but I don't know a whole lot about the group, so please, someone convince me this actually isn't that damaging to the group...

She hasn't really been all that involved with Sanity in NXT for a while now, so I wouldn't really worry about it. I imagine she stayed in NXT because there aren't a lot of top-end women there with Ember and Peyton leaving.
Spens1
RealGM

Post#187 » by Spens1 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:54 am

Ayatollah wrote:Balor would‘ve been a better choice than Joe IMO. Faces are stacked at Raw while Styles, Jeff and DB are the only ones at Smackdown (I don’t want to see the Miz being a face or Orton back in the main event).

Yeah i think Joe would have gotten a big push on Raw regardless, Balor is basically in mid card purgatory and without the good brothers, he's a bit stuffed if he wants to challenge for the Universal title.
improper
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,405

Post#188 » by improper » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:16 am

I'm hoping that, given the roster Smackdown has and the names that were shuffled around, maybe Vince is letting Triple H take control of Smackdown like he took control of 205 Live.

It seems like a lot of Vince's favorites moved to Raw and a lot of indie guys moved to or got called up to Smackdown. Owens and Zayn were the only big indie guys to go to Raw, but I think it's pretty established by this point that Vince likes and trusts Owens. You don't get to beat the tar out of Vince on TV if he doesn't respect you.
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM
And1: 5,655

Post#189 » by Brandon-Clyde » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:26 am

With R Truth coming to Smackdown one of my favorite R Truth moments
There are no constraints on the human mind, no walls around the human spirit, no barriers to our progress except those we ourselves erect." -- Ronald Reagan
Spens1
RealGM

Post#190 » by Spens1 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:28 am

improper wrote:I'm hoping that, given the roster Smackdown has and the names that were shuffled around, maybe Vince is letting Triple H take control of Smackdown like he took control of 205 Live.

It seems like a lot of Vince's favorites moved to Raw and a lot of indie guys moved to or got called up to Smackdown. Owens and Zayn were the only big indie guys to go to Raw, but I think it's pretty established by this point that Vince likes and trusts Owens. You don't get to beat the tar out of Vince on TV if he doesn't respect you.

He absolutely does like Owens, issue is, does he like Zayn a lot also (i mean even if he's in the midcard title scene, that's enough really, he'd steal the show if it where him vs Balor or him vs Rollins). They went over as a package but i wouldn't be shocked if Owens is back in the Universal title picture soon as a singles guy.
Mich3006
Head Coach
And1: 3,682

Post#191 » by Mich3006 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:53 am

Spens1 wrote:
Ayatollah wrote:Balor would‘ve been a better choice than Joe IMO. Faces are stacked at Raw while Styles, Jeff and DB are the only ones at Smackdown (I don’t want to see the Miz being a face or Orton back in the main event).

Yeah i think Joe would have gotten a big push on Raw regardless, Balor is basically in mid card purgatory and without the good brothers, he's a bit stuffed if he wants to challenge for the Universal title.

Samoa Joe should´ve been drafted to SD directly from NXT (a feud with Cena at WM33 would´ve been crazy). Joe is one of the few credible superstars who could beat Lesnar.

Don´t get me wrong, Joe vs Styles will be off the hook but the "heavyweights" are at Raw with Lesnar, Strowman, Lashley and Reigns.

Same with the tag team division: Beside AoP and the Revival, no credible long-term tag team is on Raw right now. On the other hand, SD tag division is stacked. The Usos or the New Day would´ve been a perfect fit.

Balor at SD and Joe + the Usos on Raw and you got a perfect shake up.
Spens1
RealGM

Post#192 » by Spens1 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:26 am

Ayatollah wrote:
Spens1 wrote:

Samoa Joe should´ve been drafted to SD directly from NXT (a feud with Cena at WM33 would´ve been crazy). Joe is one of the few credible superstars who could beat Lesnar.

Don´t get me wrong, Joe vs Styles will be off the hook but the "heavyweights" are at Raw with Lesnar, Strowman, Lashley and Reigns.

Same with the tag team division: Beside AoP and the Revival, no credible long-term tag team is on Raw right now. On the other hand, SD tag division is stacked. The Usos or the New Day would´ve been a perfect fit.

Balor at SD and Joe + the Usos on Raw and you got a perfect shake up.

I'd say so, chuck in a Bayley and Naomi swap (both need a reset a bit) and i think you'd be right.
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,037

Post#193 » by daoneandonly » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:13 am

improper wrote:I'm hoping that, given the roster Smackdown has and the names that were shuffled around, maybe Vince is letting Triple H take control of Smackdown like he took control of 205 Live.

I was thinking just the same when watching SD and all the changes, does Triple H now have SD and Vince has Raw? That would explain Joe, Almas, Hardy, Sanity, the Bar for Mojo, Mahal, Drew, and Lashley.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,863

Post#194 » by Stanford » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:38 am

From what ive read, reviews for Carmella's promo have been negative. I don't understand. I thought it was the most promising thing she's ever done. Every word was spoken with natural conviction. She carried a lengthy in ring promo, which almost no one does well, and got a reaction. I would say she's one of the best female promos on the roster.
Spens1
RealGM

Post#195 » by Spens1 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:16 pm

Stanford wrote:From what ive read, reviews for Carmella's promo have been negative. I don't understand. I thought it was the most promising thing she's ever done. Every word was spoken with natural conviction. She carried a lengthy in ring promo, which almost no one does well, and got a reaction. I would say she's one of the best female promos on the roster.

yeah for a heel promo it was decent. I don't think she's meant to be a long term champ or a legitimate threat really. She's more a cowardly heel who is most likely an interim champ until Charlotte or Asuka take the belt off of her in a few months.
bestnamezRtaken
Senior
And1: 349

Post#196 » by bestnamezRtaken » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:23 pm

She's on the level of Alexa Bliss. Small, cute, okay in the ring, above decent promos on the mic, cowardly heel....she's a transitional champ. Too much talent on SDL for her to be champ.
Kobe Bryant was asked who he feels is the toughest opponent to guard in the NBA. Instead of picking OKC's Kevin Durant, Bryant went with Portland’s Brandon Roy.

"Roy 365 days, seven days a week. Roy has no weaknesses in his game."
LLJ
RealGM
And1: 17,214

Post#197 » by LLJ » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:17 pm

bestnamezRtaken wrote:She's on the level of Alexa Bliss. Small, cute, okay in the ring, above decent promos on the mic, cowardly heel....she's a transitional champ. Too much talent on SDL for her to be champ.

She's a level worse than Alexa actually. Sort of a low-rent version on the mic and even worse in the ring (though she's a better bumper than Alexa at least)

Alexa can at least be passable in a PPV match. Carmella? If she's the SD champ defending at Backlash we're going to get a pretty bad match no matter who she's up against.
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,926

Post#198 » by tugs » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:50 pm

I like Carmella. She's a female version of the Miz. Almost.

And Becky, Becky, Becky. Please make up your mind and stick to one wrestling gear.

Oh, and have you guys seen Peyton's sell on that Asuka German Suplex? That was Rock level selling to the Stunner.
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,037

Post#199 » by daoneandonly » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:15 pm

I think Big Cass may be working with Miz as his heavy. Miz sends Cass to do his dirty work for a few weeks and they make the fans clamor to see Bryan get his hands on Miz
iMoreland
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,946

Post#200 » by iMoreland » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:32 pm

daoneandonly wrote:I think Big Cass may be working with Miz as his heavy. Miz sends Cass to do his dirty work for a few weeks and they make the fans clamor to see Bryan get his hands on Miz

Also makes sense cause Cass was cleared on the same day as DB and he didn't get any attention. Gives him a reason to attack him.

Return to Pro Wrestling