Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Re: Impact Wrestling Discussion Thread 

Post#161 » by Marcus » Thu Sep 2, 2021 9:31 pm

Read on Twitter
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#162 » by Ruzious » Thu Sep 2, 2021 10:05 pm

Marcus wrote:
Read on Twitter

So sad. I remember she had some entertaining segments against The Beautiful People in TNA a decade or so ago, and she clearly was a talented person. Honestly... I think her work with Abyss was too violent.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Post#163 » by Marcus » Thu Sep 2, 2021 10:19 pm

Ruzious wrote:
Marcus wrote:
Read on Twitter

So sad. I remember she had some entertaining segments against The Beautiful People in TNA a decade or so ago, and she clearly was a talented person. Honestly... I think her work with Abyss was too violent.

am i mistaken or was she the girlfriend for David Flair during a WCW run as well?
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,807

Post#164 » by Stanford » Fri Sep 3, 2021 1:47 pm

Marcus wrote:am i mistaken or was she the girlfriend for David Flair during a WCW run as well?

You're right
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#165 » by Ruzious » Fri Sep 3, 2021 6:34 pm

Stanford wrote:
Marcus wrote:am i mistaken or was she the girlfriend for David Flair during a WCW run as well?

You're right

Yeah, Flair and Crowbar were sort of a mini-faction with her. She showed some promising ring skills back then when given an opportunity.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,730

Post#166 » by gambitx777 » Sun Jan 9, 2022 4:12 am

Micky in the rumble ! Nice. Pat called her the impact knockouts champ live on tv.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using RealGM mobile app
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,521

Post#167 » by Dr Positivity » Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:50 am

I'm pretty shocked they acknowledged her as the impact champion on Smackdown. Unlikely thought but would Vince pump up TNA as a ploy to take down AEW?
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#168 » by gambitx777 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:28 am

I mean I could see them buying impact or roh or both now that they turned nxt prue developmental and using impact and roh as their Indy beach heads/quarantine zones.

My god I wanna see moose and roman

Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#169 » by Ruzious » Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:14 pm

Since WWE has devalued NXT so much, I could see them buying Impact and using them as their AAA team while knocking down NXT to AA.
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,534

Post#170 » by Dominator83 » Fri Jun 3, 2022 10:29 am

Looks like W Morrissey fka Big Cass is done there. He looked like a million bucks there.

I find it odd that people don't watch this company more. Their shows are usually pretty good, and they historically and still do now just seen to have a knack for getting the most out of guys. They get more out of less while WWE (and maybe even AEW now?) Seems to get less out of more.
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,521

Post#171 » by Dr Positivity » Fri Sep 2, 2022 6:59 pm

I watched an episode of Impact and saw that this was the main event of their Wrestlemania equivalent Bound for Glory. It kind of makes you realize why people like Vince care so much about wrestler look, I mean how is this supposed to sell tickets or give feeling of must see spectacle.

The show is not bad though. Mickie gave a nice promo.
Dominator83
RealGM

Post#172 » by Dominator83 » Fri Sep 2, 2022 9:54 pm

Dr Positivity wrote:I watched an episode of Impact and saw that this was the main event of their Wrestlemania equivalent Bound for Glory. It kind of makes you realize why people like Vince care so much about wrestler look, I mean how is this supposed to sell tickets or give feeling of must see spectacle.

The show is not bad though. Mickie gave a nice promo.

Very true. But for quite a while now IMPACT has been more of a glorified Indy promotion as opposed to a "big 2" or even big 3. And to think at one point they tried challenging Vince on Monday nights. Of course they got crushed but still atleast had a big enough following and big enough names to challenge.

I know it's a testament to the lack of starpower, but yeesh when they did that crossover deal with AEW and Kenny Omega's 1st appearance post title win was gonna be on IMPACT and bringing over all the AEW eye balls, having Rich Swann represent the company as champion was a huge blunder. I like Swann but he's a cruiserweight and again when your getting AEW audience to tune in you wanna set a standard. Should have still had the belt on Moose. He's believable and has imposing ring presence as a top guy and would make outside viewers take the promotion more seriously.

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
Mamba4Goat
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 7,933

Post#173 » by Mamba4Goat » Sat Dec 3, 2022 1:01 am

I’ve been tuning in a little more lately and Joe Hendry has to be one of the most over acts by a fanbase. His vignettes were stupid but hilarious too.
Rest in peace Mamba. There'll never be another Kobe.
Mamba4Goat
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 7,933

Post#174 » by Mamba4Goat » Sat Dec 3, 2022 1:04 am

Also, if you get past the whole jacked meat heads looks thing you’re used to on WWE, Impact is quietly a very solid program and routinely are cycling good wrestlers despite losing talent on a monthly basis to WWE/AEW. They consistently have a few good matches at worst every episode too.
Rest in peace Mamba. There'll never be another Kobe.
Dominator83
RealGM

Post#175 » by Dominator83 » Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:47 pm

https://www.cagesideseats.com/2023/4/26/23699884/naomi-trinity-fatu-return-report-spoiler-impact-wrestling-major-surprise

Damn she's gonna be at Friday's tapings. I'm going to Saturday's tapings. Well even though I'll miss her 1st appearance , maybe Saturday will be her 1st match with impact. I hope she does a meet and greet before/after the show !

gambitx777
General Manager

Post#176 » by gambitx777 » Sat Apr 29, 2023 5:19 am

I never cared much for her. Her promos aren't great, her inflection rubs me the wrong way and she's really clunky in the ring.

Dominator83
RealGM

Post#177 » by Dominator83 » Sat Apr 29, 2023 8:02 am

gambitx777 wrote:I never cared much for her. Her promos aren't great, her inflection rubs me the wrong way and he's really clunky in the ring.

It's impact. On that roster she can surely make one

gambitx777
General Manager

Post#178 » by gambitx777 » Sat Apr 29, 2023 9:01 am

Dominator83 wrote:
gambitx777 wrote:I never cared much for her. Her promos aren't great, her inflection rubs me the wrong way and he's really clunky in the ring.

It's impact. On that roster she can surely make one
She just reminds me of the diva days. Where not one was really that good in the ring. They were a step slow and didnt have any pop. Yeah she can do the flips but it just doesn't look that good. Maybe in impact but man they have some really good ladies in impact. I think she should have just retired.

Dominator83
RealGM

Post#179 » by Dominator83 » Tue May 2, 2023 7:52 am

Well she Trinity did make her debut at the tapings Saturday night. Apparently Tamina Snuka and Sasha banks were there in disguise watching. CM punk was backstage I guess as part of his backstage tour !

They are the 2 episodes leading into under siege, which should be may 18th and 25th I was 2nd row opposite the main camera so hopefully I appear a bit! Though I was along the outside of ring as opposed to the center. I'll definitely be looking for myself when they air. Can't miss me! I'm the guy with the long hair, red Jordan hat and Jay Briscoe Memorial shirt.

Dominator83
RealGM

Post#180 » by Dominator83 » Sat Oct 21, 2023 8:30 pm

Please let the CM Punk rumor be true at Bound for glory tonight. I will be there

Return to Pro Wrestling