WWE WrestleMania 34 (April 8th, 2018)

Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

Wo1verine
2015 Beat the Commish Champion
And1: 11,761

Re: WWE WrestleMania 34 (April 8th, 2018) 

Post#281 » by Wo1verine » Mon Apr 9, 2018 4:13 am

improper wrote:So gonna be Lashley taking the title off of Brock then?

At least it looks possible figure wise.

Maybe he can be the black Brock lol
BrunoSkull
DJHill
Pro Prospect
And1: 329

Post#282 » by DJHill » Mon Apr 9, 2018 4:13 am

Heat3 wrote:Match of the night was Ronda and Steph and those two other guys.

Match wasn't terrible or anything but the IC Title 3 way says hi.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,865

Post#283 » by Stanford » Mon Apr 9, 2018 4:15 am

Ok time to watch the replay
improper
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,405

Post#284 » by improper » Mon Apr 9, 2018 4:15 am

Wo1verine wrote:I actually enjoyed the Strowman match only because it was usual and different and i like that stuff lol

I thought the match itself was fine, but I don't think it really belonged at 'Mania, and it's a problem when you build up the angle of who Strowman's partner is and it's just some random kid from the crowd. If they had instead played it up like he wasn't going to have a partner and was just going to wrestle them 2-on-1, then announced he had brought a partner at the start of the match, I think it would have worked exactly the same but without any sense of letdown.

And again, it would have been a better angle for a lesser PPV like Payback.
detroitKG
RealGM
And1: 5,509

Post#285 » by detroitKG » Mon Apr 9, 2018 4:15 am

This wrestlemania started out hot and peeked at the Rousey/Angle vs HHH/Steph match...at that point the crowd checked out for the most part and it was a slow death the rest of the way lol

I'm fully convinced they need to cut the length of this show...5 hours with a 2 hour pre show is ridiculous..there is such thing as too much.
improper
Lead Assistant

Post#286 » by improper » Mon Apr 9, 2018 4:17 am

detroitKG wrote:This wrestlemania started out hot and peeked at the Rousey/Angle vs HHH/Steph match...at that point the crowd checked out for the most part and it was a slow death the rest of the way lol

I'm fully convinced they need to cut the length of this show...5 hours with a 2 hour pre show is ridiculous..there is such thing as too much.

I think they desperately need to have Takeover on Friday, HoF on Saturday, and then 'Mania on Sunday. It gives the fans a day to decompress after an awesome Takeover so they're ready for another long night of wrestling.

And I agree they need to figure out a way to make the show go quicker. Seven hours is just too damn long to keep a crowd. Hell, I'd even be fine with them doing two nights of 'Mania. Night one, one world title main events. Night two, the other. Wouldn't have to be brand specific outside of that. Just build two great cards by mixing and matching.
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#287 » by Spens1 » Mon Apr 9, 2018 4:18 am

I'm actually a tad bit dissapointed also in the quality of this (i actually expected a really good match since the last match quality wise was at least good, this wasn't).

Way way WAY too many F5's. Do we have a count on how many he hit.

I do appreciate Vince for letting the fans go home happy though :lol:

Overall, show started off slow, got really good towards the middle and then went off a cliff in the last 3 matches. Very weird show, if i had to rate it, i probably couldn't because it was so over the place in terms of quality

(booking though deserves a thumbs down, they've screwed up some potentially great storylines, like a streak vs streak for Asuka and Rousey, believably, that is main event quality at a wrestlemania).

MOTN for the mix-tag, the 2nd time a match we where all dreading actually turned out to be the best. Worst match, even though its pre-show, has to go to the womans battle royal, that was probably the worst WWE match in a long time, no hyperbole, that was a mess.

How is wwe going to book themselves out of the raw tag team division mess. Also they're getting into so much trouble over using a kid in storyline. Athletic commision surely comes down hard on them (though i do enjoy the idea of Cornette losing his mind over it, he called Omega worse than hitler for having the match with the 9 year old, what is he going to say about a 10 year old winning the tag team titles).

One positive is that they didn't have part timers rock up though and bury current superstars, and young up and comers were mostly spared (unless your name is Rusev, he needs a good 3-5 year run outside the WWE and then he can return as a main eventer).
improper
Lead Assistant

Post#288 » by improper » Mon Apr 9, 2018 4:18 am

Kind of crazy to think that both Styles/Nakamura and Reigns/Lesnar would have been the worst match at last night's Takeover.
Spens1
RealGM

Post#289 » by Spens1 » Mon Apr 9, 2018 4:19 am

Wo1verine wrote:
improper wrote:So gonna be Lashley taking the title off of Brock then?

At least it looks possible figure wise.

Maybe he can be the black Brock lol

Lashley nowadays can at least cut a good promo though.
Mich3006
Head Coach
And1: 3,682

Post#290 » by Mich3006 » Mon Apr 9, 2018 4:19 am

It’s 6AM in Germany and I only watched the last hour but that Tag Team championship and the Universal championship were complete bs. And why did they bring back the Undertaker for that?!?!

It’s time to pass the „booking torch“ to Triple H, Vince.
Spens1
RealGM

Post#291 » by Spens1 » Mon Apr 9, 2018 4:19 am

improper wrote:Kind of crazy to think that both Styles/Nakamura and Reigns/Lesnar would have been the worst match at last night's Takeover.

the entire card outside the IC match and mixed tag (and maybe the smackdown tag team titles) would have been the worst match on takeover. That card was solid up and down.
Spens1
RealGM

Post#292 » by Spens1 » Mon Apr 9, 2018 4:21 am

Ayatollah wrote:It’s 6AM in Germany and I only watched the last hour but that Tag Team championship and the Universal championship were complete bs. And why did they bring back the Undertaker for that?!?!

With the XFL coming back, we can only hope.

HHH has flaws, but he is a very good booker overall and a lot better than Vince is now overall.
Mich3006
Head Coach

Post#293 » by Mich3006 » Mon Apr 9, 2018 4:25 am

Spens1 wrote:
Ayatollah wrote:It’s 6AM in Germany and I only watched the last hour but that Tag Team championship and the Universal championship were complete bs. And why did they bring back the Undertaker for that?!?!

With the XFL coming back, we can only hope.

HHH has flaws, but he is a very good booker overall and a lot better than Vince is now overall.

If you watch the Takeover events I have high hopes in Triple H.

Strowman winning the titles with a kid is a slap in the face for the bar and the whole tag team division.

Cena beats every top-wrestler night in and night out but lost to a banged up Undertaker and got feared like a kid, that’s booking from the 80‘s.
iMoreland
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,946

Post#294 » by iMoreland » Mon Apr 9, 2018 4:25 am

Half the crowd won't even remember who Lashley is. He was never really a big name in WWE besides the one WrestleMania match that involved Trump.

Plus he turns 42 in a 3 months. No way he's the guy they have beat Brock.
Westside Gunn
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,077

Post#295 » by Westside Gunn » Mon Apr 9, 2018 4:26 am

last match was very disappointing. brock with suplexes and f5s....reigns with the superman punches and spears. was anticipating something more intense but was a true disappointment
i miss the days when the bricks was only nineteeeeeeeen, i need a 100 right now
Butch718
RealGM
And1: 6,596

Post#296 » by Butch718 » Mon Apr 9, 2018 4:27 am

The problem with AJ/Nakamura was the build leading up to the match. They should have pulled the trigger on Nakamura's heel turn a long time ago. You need that classic heel vs face dynamic to help tell a story in the ring. It just isn't about putting on a good match with memorable spots. Matches just work better when there's a good guy against a bad guy.

I have a huge problem with the Royal Rumble winners both coming up short. Being unpredictable isn't always good. Just like being predictable isn't always bad. You need balance. And I feel like they tried too hard to shock fans tonight, which was a detriment to the whole experience. Sorry, but Rusev should have won tonight. Jinder is drawing heat for all the wrong reasons. Fans WANT to root for Rusev and WW should PPV that allows for some sort of payoff.

Don't even get me started on the Raw tag team title match. SMH.

I don't get playing up Asuka's streak only for her to lose it at Mania. The money match is and always should have been Asuka vs Rousey at some point. Again, I don't mind Asuka's streak ending at some point, it just shouldn't have been here.

If I could changed one thing about the current state of the product, it would be for wrestlers to stop kicking out of finishers so often. It kills the suspense and flow of matches. People already know that a match isn't going to end that early. Kicking out of finishers should be reserved for special events only. It should be kept to a bare minimum. Having Brock kick out of all those spears and Roman kick out of all those F5's is just flat out ridiculous. It takes you out of the moment, to the point where you're rolling your eyes instead of being invested in the match. I've been a Reign's defender for the past year, but even I thought that was ridiculous. This is why fans don't want to root for him. His booking is atrocious.
improper
Lead Assistant

Post#297 » by improper » Mon Apr 9, 2018 4:27 am

iMoreland wrote:Half the crowd won't even remember who Lashley is. He was never really a big name in WWE besides the one WrestleMania match that involved Drumpf.

Who else is there? They haven't built anyone else up because they've spent the last four years preparing us for Roman's coronation, then they waffled when it was finally time.
Spens1
RealGM

Post#298 » by Spens1 » Mon Apr 9, 2018 4:30 am

iMoreland wrote:Half the crowd won't even remember who Lashley is. He was never really a big name in WWE besides the one WrestleMania match that involved Trump.

Brock is as old also. Plus its not like he's been at home for 10 years, he did spend time in TNA (i'm talking about TNA on spike when they got 1.5 million viewers a week) and Bellator.

I don't think he should be the one to beat him (cause Braun exists) but i think a match between the two would be very good.
iMoreland
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,946

Post#299 » by iMoreland » Mon Apr 9, 2018 4:32 am

Spens1 wrote:
iMoreland wrote:Half the crowd won't even remember who Lashley is. He was never really a big name in WWE besides the one WrestleMania match that involved Trump.

Brock is as old also. Plus its not like he's been at home for 10 years, he did spend time in TNA (i'm talking about TNA on spike when they got 1.5 million viewers a week) and Bellator.

I don't think he should be the one to beat him (cause Braun exists) but i think a match between the two would be very good.

The match can definitely be good and I'd love to see it. But no way are all the accolades Brock's getting is for Lashley.
Mich3006
Head Coach

Post#300 » by Mich3006 » Mon Apr 9, 2018 4:33 am

Butch718 wrote:The problem with AJ/Nakamura was the build leading up to the match. They should have pulled the trigger on Nakamura's heel turn a long time ago. You need that classic heel vs face dynamic to help tell a story in the ring. It just isn't about putting on a good match with memorable spots. Matches just work better when there's a good guy against a bad guy.

I have a huge problem with the Royal Rumble winners both coming up short. Being unpredictable isn't always good. Just like being predictable isn't always bad. You need balance. And I feel like they tried too hard to shock fans tonight, which was a detriment to the whole experience. Sorry, but Rusev should have won tonight. Jinder is drawing heat for all the wrong reasons. Fans WANT to root for Rusev and WW should PPV that allows for some sort of payoff.

Don't even get me started on the Raw tag team title match. SMH.

I don't get playing up Asuka's streak only for her to lose it at Mania. The money match is and always should have been Asuka vs Rousey at some point. Again, I don't mind Asuka's streak ending at some point, it just shouldn't have been here.

If I could changed one thing about the current state of the product, it would be for wrestlers to stop kicking out of finishers so often. It kills the suspense and flow of matches. People already know that a match isn't going to end that early. Kicking out of finishers should be reserved for special events only. It should be kept to a bare minimum. Having Brock kick out of all those spears and Roman kick out of all those F5's is just flat out ridiculous. It takes you out of the moment, to the point where you're rolling your eyes instead of being invested in the match. I've been a Reign's defender for the past year, but even I thought that was ridiculous. This is why fans don't want to root for him. His booking is atrocious.

Why turning a fan-favorite heel if you can do it with Reigns?!?! He needs a turn asap... Nakamura’s turn is stupid.

Return to Pro Wrestling