NXT TakeOver: New Orleans (April 7th, 2018)

Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,808

Re: NXT TakeOver: New Orleans (April 7th, 2018) 

Post#61 » by Stanford » Sun Apr 8, 2018 3:12 am

LittleOzzy wrote:be fair to the crowd

I will not! They stunk up the joint.
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,923

Post#62 » by tugs » Sun Apr 8, 2018 3:26 am

How they book Ciampa now that he lost some steam and heat with the loss (imo).
improper
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,405

Post#63 » by improper » Sun Apr 8, 2018 3:35 am

tugs wrote:How they book Ciampa now that he lost some steam and heat with the loss (imo).

He basically had to lose, though. He's been beating the crap out of Johnny and screwing him over right and left. Heels need to get their comeuppance eventually or it's all for nothing.
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Post#64 » by studcrackers » Sun Apr 8, 2018 3:37 am

Idk where either of em go, but I'm along for the ride
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#65 » by Spens1 » Sun Apr 8, 2018 3:52 am

Not sure how to feel about Black as champ. He's good but is he that good.

Also that ladder match was amazing.

Glad they turned Roddy heel, he needed that in the worst way. At least the NXT crowd can target his boots i guess.

Mauro was on point though for the Gargano vs Ciampa match, he was calling the match really REALLY well, for that reason i honestly was most into that.
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#66 » by WRau1 » Sun Apr 8, 2018 4:19 am

Black isn't Styles or anything but he doesn't have bad matches and I think he's pretty capable of carrying them.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
improper
Lead Assistant

Post#67 » by improper » Sun Apr 8, 2018 6:15 am

WRau1 wrote:Black isn't Styles or anything but he doesn't have bad matches and I think he's pretty capable of carrying them.

His last three Takeover matches have all been in the four star plus range.
improper
Lead Assistant

Post#68 » by improper » Sun Apr 8, 2018 7:15 am

So forget asking when the last bad Takeover was. When was the last time a Takeover even had a bad match?
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#69 » by studcrackers » Sun Apr 8, 2018 7:35 am

Idk if I'd say one of the Bazler Moon matches were bad but this one tonight was leagues better then their previous encounters imo
improper
Lead Assistant

Post#70 » by improper » Sun Apr 8, 2018 7:50 am

studcrackers wrote:Idk if I'd say one of the Bazler Moon matches were bad but this one tonight was leagues better then their previous encounters imo

I thought the one at the last Takeover was decent. It was nothing special, but it wasn't bad or anything. ** to **1/2 star match. The one tonight was more like *** to ***1/2.
Mich3006
Head Coach
And1: 3,682

Post#71 » by Mich3006 » Sun Apr 8, 2018 9:53 am

improper wrote:Changing my prediction for the ladder match from Ricochet to Cole. Originally was thinking Ricochet or EC3 but I think they have Cole win it and Strong turns and joins the Undisputed Era in the tag match.

Did you bet on it?! :lol:

Overall it was once again an incredible PPV... but nobody expected anything less.
Spens1
RealGM

Post#72 » by Spens1 » Sun Apr 8, 2018 10:44 am

WRau1 wrote:Black isn't Styles or anything but he doesn't have bad matches and I think he's pretty capable of carrying them.

Don't get me wrong, he's very good, but in all honesty he would have been a better fit as the North American Champion, he just doesn't feel like a main eventer, especially in comparison to some of the talent lately that has come in or stepped up (Cole, Almas, Gargano AND Ciampa both).
WRau1
RealGM

Post#73 » by WRau1 » Sun Apr 8, 2018 11:50 am

Spens1 wrote:

Don't get me wrong, he's very good, but in all honesty he would have been a better fit as the North American Champion, he just doesn't feel like a main eventer, especially in comparison to some of the talent lately that has come in or stepped up (Cole, Almas, Gargano AND Ciampa both).

Meh, disagree. I'd argue that Black is more ready for a main event push than just about anyone in NXT, and far more ready for the main roster. McIntyre is close though, too.

ETA - I might be a little biased, Black has been one of my guys for awhile, heh.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
Spens1
RealGM

Post#74 » by Spens1 » Sun Apr 8, 2018 1:32 pm

WRau1 wrote:
Spens1 wrote:

Meh, disagree. I'd argue that Black is more ready for a main event push than just about anyone in NXT, and far more ready for the main roster. McIntyre is close though, too.

ETA - I might be a little biased, Black has been one of my guys for awhile, heh.

don't get me wrong, i like him a lot (followed him since his days in ICW in Sumerian Death Squad and WXW) but WWE main eventer i don't really see.
improper
Lead Assistant

Post#75 » by improper » Sun Apr 8, 2018 6:05 pm

Spens1 wrote:Don't get me wrong, he's very good, but in all honesty he would have been a better fit as the North American Champion, he just doesn't feel like a main eventer, especially in comparison to some of the talent lately that has come in or stepped up (Cole, Almas, Gargano AND Ciampa both).

He's got a superstar entrance and awesome music, has a good look, can cut a solid promo, and is great in the ring. Not sure how much more perfect you can get for a top guy in WWE. He's been in great matches at each of the last three Takeovers as well. He wasn't in the best match in the last two, but that's because Gargano was out there putting on five star classics, not because Black's matches weren't fantastic. His match with Dream was probably the best match of that Takeover, though, although I don't recall what else was on that card.
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#76 » by studcrackers » Sun Apr 8, 2018 7:22 pm

yea i dont get not seeing that black can be huge for the company
Polk377
General Manager
And1: 5,364

Post#77 » by Polk377 » Sun Apr 8, 2018 8:26 pm

This was a great card and set the tone as always for WWE. NXT always does it right but I wish the crowd was better.

That ladder match was crazy. I don't know how those guys weren't broken with the spots they were taking. I don't think we have seen a ladder match that violent since Hardys, E&C and Dudleys TLC. One of the best I've seen. Dream elbow from the top was amazing. Cole vs Ricochet please.

Women's title match was good. Shayna putting Ember out was the right move. Great psychology in this match.

Tag team title match was ok but the surprise Strong heel turn saved it. He will look great in Undisputed Era. Problem here was it made the Dusty Tournament an afterthought.

Another 4+ star match for Black and Almas. Glad they put Black over here because he is money. A feud between Black and EC3 would be great.

Gargano vs Ciampa was everything we could have hoped for. This is the best feud in wrestling right now. I would have been fine if they put Ciampa over here so Gargano could move up to the main roster but I guess they could just continue it on NXT for now.
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,536

Post#78 » by Dominator83 » Mon Apr 9, 2018 6:51 pm

improper wrote:
Spens1 wrote:Don't get me wrong, he's very good, but in all honesty he would have been a better fit as the North American Champion, he just doesn't feel like a main eventer, especially in comparison to some of the talent lately that has come in or stepped up (Cole, Almas, Gargano AND Ciampa both).

He's got a superstar entrance and awesome music, has a good look, can cut a solid promo, and is great in the ring. Not sure how much more perfect you can get for a top guy in WWE. He's been in great matches at each of the last three Takeovers as well. He wasn't in the best match in the last two, but that's because Gargano was out there putting on five star classics, not because Black's matches weren't fantastic. His match with Dream was probably the best match of that Takeover, though, although I don't recall what else was on that card.

Im too lazy to look it up, but I think it was wargames
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
improper
Lead Assistant

Post#79 » by improper » Mon Apr 9, 2018 6:58 pm

Dominater wrote:Im too lazy to look it up, but I think it was wargames

Yeah, it was. And Black/Dream was definitely the best match of that PPV.
WRau1
RealGM

Post#80 » by WRau1 » Mon Apr 9, 2018 7:16 pm

Not to mention Black v Fish then O'Reilly within a 3 week span. Both were the best television matches on NXT in 2017.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz

Return to Pro Wrestling