WWE Greatest Royal Rumble (April 27th, 2018)

Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

LLJ
RealGM
And1: 17,210

Re: WWE Greatest Royal Rumble (April 27th, 2018) 

Post#21 » by LLJ » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:17 pm

Looks like Rusev isn't leaving. It appears this is him working everybody on social media again.
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#22 » by Spens1 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:46 am

LLJ wrote:Looks like Rusev isn't leaving. It appears this is him working everybody on social media again.

he's like Ziggler or something (minus the whinging that Ziggler does).
improper
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,405

Post#23 » by improper » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:37 am

I do think Rusev is a goner as soon as his contract is up. Think he could make a ton more money elsewhere and be utilized better as well.
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#24 » by Spens1 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:19 am

improper wrote:I do think Rusev is a goner as soon as his contract is up. Think he could make a ton more money elsewhere and be utilized better as well.

he absolutely could, WWE offers security though, even if their booking and talent management is the worst in wrestling.

He however should leave though since he'd make it big outside (Ryback i think has struggled cause he's an idiot, otherwise i'm sure he'd have done well, no real busts outside of them).
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,923

Post#25 » by tugs » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:07 pm

Handsome Rusev is more catchy.
improper
Lead Assistant

Post#26 » by improper » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:47 pm

tugs wrote:Handsome Rusev is more catchy.

Yeah, that was another gimmick that probably would have bombed on most guys that Rusev made work. All the more reason why I can't fathom why WWE won't push the guy. He's very clearly a star and, if WWE doesn't utilize him, he's going to go somewhere else and make them a bunch of money.
Mich3006
Head Coach
And1: 3,682

Post#27 » by Mich3006 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:59 am

I really think Reigns will win the Universal title on Friday.
improper
Lead Assistant

Post#28 » by improper » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:07 am

Ayatollah wrote:I really think Reigns will win the Universal title on Friday.

If so, it's incredibly sad that they waffled on putting the belt on him at 'Mania because they knew the crowd would crap all over it, only to do it in a country where they're pretty sure he'll get cheered, but that they probably won't visit again for years and that is so behind on social issues that women aren't even allowed to perform there.

I mean, they do realize he has to be champ in America most of the time, right? He might get that one moment where the crowd cheers for him, but he's coming right back home where the crowd will dump on him every week.

Just move on and put the title on someone who doesn't suck. We've wasted four damn years on the Roman Reigns experiment now and it's failed every damn year. The entire WWE product has suffered for those four years because everything has been all about eventually getting Roman over. It's absurd that a company that has live crowds for every event would hitch their entire future on a guy that live crowds boo relentlessly.
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,537

Post#29 » by Dominator83 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:48 pm

improper wrote:
Ayatollah wrote:I really think Reigns will win the Universal title on Friday.

If so, it's incredibly sad that they waffled on putting the belt on him at 'Mania because they knew the crowd would crap all over it, only to do it in a country where they're pretty sure he'll get cheered, but that they probably won't visit again for years and that is so behind on social issues that women aren't even allowed to perform there.

I mean, they do realize he has to be champ in America most of the time, right? He might get that one moment where the crowd cheers for him, but he's coming right back home where the crowd will dump on him every week.

Just move on and put the title on someone who doesn't suck. We've wasted four damn years on the Roman Reigns experiment now and it's failed every damn year. The entire WWE product has suffered for those four years because everything has been all about eventually getting Roman over. It's absurd that a company that has live crowds for every event would hitch their entire future on a guy that live crowds boo relentlessly.

The saddest part is, its mostly WWE creatives fault as to why everybody hates him. They've missed the boat so many times hes near unsaveable. The night after last years mania with the "its my yard now" thing, they should have had him be a total prick heel from that point forward. The next week i would've had him coming out attacking faces, and come out in a segment and DESTROY Rollins in a come from behind attack or something, or even face2face just after Rollins finished a grueling match or something MITB cash-in style

Anything is better than this
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
improper
Lead Assistant

Post#30 » by improper » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:53 pm

Dominater wrote:The saddest part is, its mostly WWE creatives fault as to why everybody hates him. They've missed the boat so many times hes near unsaveable. The night after last years mania with the "its my yard now" thing, they should have had him be a total prick heel from that point forward. The next week i would've had him coming out attacking faces, and come out in a segment and DESTROY Rollins in a come from behind attack or something, or even face2face just after Rollins finished a grueling match or something MITB cash-in style

Yeah, it's really crazy how they want this guy to get over so badly, but yet they've done basically everything possible to sabotage him year in and year out. It's like they don't want to take a short term hit in his merch sales that a heel turn would probably create, but they don't realize that they could still save this guy long-term by turning him.

And merch sales are mostly meaningless at this point anyway, as WWE clearly manipulates sales so that their favorites sell the most. You go to a show and what do you see? You see a boatload of gear for Cena and Reigns and a hell of a lot less gear for everyone else. Doesn't exactly take a genius to see why those two guys sell more than everyone else. You make anyone seem that important and give them fifty different items on the WWE Store and they'll move a ton of merchandise just like Roman does.
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,537

Post#31 » by Dominator83 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:01 pm

improper wrote:
Dominater wrote:The saddest part is, its mostly WWE creatives fault as to why everybody hates him. They've missed the boat so many times hes near unsaveable. The night after last years mania with the "its my yard now" thing, they should have had him be a total prick heel from that point forward. The next week i would've had him coming out attacking faces, and come out in a segment and DESTROY Rollins in a come from behind attack or something, or even face2face just after Rollins finished a grueling match or something MITB cash-in style

Yeah, it's really crazy how they want this guy to get over so badly, but yet they've done basically everything possible to sabotage him year in and year out. It's like they don't want to take a short term hit in his merch sales that a heel turn would probably create, but they don't realize that they could still save this guy long-term by turning him.

And merch sales are mostly meaningless at this point anyway, as WWE clearly manipulates sales so that their favorites sell the most. You go to a show and what do you see? You see a boatload of gear for Cena and Reigns and a hell of a lot less gear for everyone else. Doesn't exactly take a genius to see why those two guys sell more than everyone else. You make anyone seem that important and give them fifty different items on the WWE Store and they'll move a ton of merchandise just like Roman does.

The funny part about that is, they've already seen with the USOs that sacrificing some merch for a strong Heel run is WELL worth it and will pay for itself in the long run
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
improper
Lead Assistant

Post#32 » by improper » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:03 pm

Dominater wrote:The funny part about that is, they've already seen with the USOs that sacrificing some merch for a strong Heel run is WELL worth it and will pay for itself in the long run

They've also seen how turning a hated performer getting an awful reaction can create arguably the biggest star in the history of the company. We all remember the "DIE ROCKY DIE" chants.

Granted, Rock has more charisma in his little finger than Roman does in his entire body, but still.
iMoreland
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,945

Post#33 » by iMoreland » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:41 pm

Apparently, WWE is making somewhere between $100-$200 million for this event. Holy f***.
Butch718
RealGM
And1: 6,543

Post#34 » by Butch718 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:37 am

improper wrote:
Dominater wrote:The funny part about that is, they've already seen with the USOs that sacrificing some merch for a strong Heel run is WELL worth it and will pay for itself in the long run

They've also seen how turning a hated performer getting an awful reaction can create arguably the biggest star in the history of the company. We all remember the "DIE ROCKY DIE" chants.

Granted, Rock has more charisma in his little finger than Roman does in his entire body, but still.

That's why I don't necessarily think that the fans would react well to Roman if he were to return as a face(after a successful heel run). Rock had natural charisma and is an all-time great on the mic. So the transition was easier for him. He's the the exception, not the rule.
improper
Lead Assistant

Post#35 » by improper » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:26 am

iMoreland wrote:Apparently, WWE is making somewhere between $100-$200 million for this event. Holy f***.

I guess that's what it costs to compromise the values you pretend to have as a company. :lol:
heatwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 13,105

Post#36 » by heatwillbeback » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:48 am

improper wrote:
iMoreland wrote:Apparently, WWE is making somewhere between $100-$200 million for this event. Holy f***.

I guess that's what it costs to compromise the values you pretend to have as a company. :lol:

This is very true.

Not one women’s match announced for the event (and I doubt they have one). Will women even valet?

WWE going to these places is one thing but neutering your programming is another.
improper
Lead Assistant

Post#37 » by improper » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:50 am

heatwillbeback wrote:This is very true.

Not one women’s match announced for the event (and I doubt they have one). Will women even valet?

WWE going to these places is one thing but neutering your programming is another.

From what I've read, most of the women aren't even traveling there. And I doubt they'd valet unless they dressed very differently than the WWE women normally do.

The biggest shocker for me is that Paul Heyman is going, but I guess it's better in Saudi Arabia to be a Jewish man than a woman at all.
heatwillbeback
RealGM

Post#38 » by heatwillbeback » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:00 am

improper wrote:
heatwillbeback wrote:This is very true.

From what I've read, most of the women aren't even traveling there. And I doubt they'd valet unless they dressed very differently than the WWE women normally do.

The biggest shocker for me is that Paul Heyman is going, but I guess it's better in Saudi Arabia to be a Jewish man than a woman at all.

I think in Dubai (I forgot exact city) they wrestled but in full body suits. I thought that was a decent compromise because they at least got to perform.

I am not for crapping all over local customs, but WWE should of never gone there if a large part of their roster is unable to perform at all. Take our product as is or don't take it at all.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,813

Post#39 » by Stanford » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:13 am

heatwillbeback wrote:Will women even valet?

Will there even be women in attendance? I thought they were banned from big events like this.
heatwillbeback
RealGM

Post#40 » by heatwillbeback » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:14 am

Stanford wrote:
heatwillbeback wrote:Will women even valet?

Will there even be women in attendance? I thought they were banned from big events like this.

Only if accompanied by men. Women can’t attend alone.

This is legitimately the policy.

Return to Pro Wrestling