tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,926

Re: WWE General Discussion II 

Post#1821 » by tugs » Sat Aug 7, 2021 9:13 am

heatwillbeback wrote:
Read on Twitter

Sometimes I just hate this company.

Releases have been absolutely brutal as of late.

Like the other batches, lots of talent here.
Wowwww...

You guys think all this money went to Cena and Goldberg?
spykelee
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,757

Post#1822 » by spykelee » Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:29 am

I don't know where else to put this but ive been watching and laughing about it all night so it deserves a repost. Perhaps the greatest promo in wrestling history.

Shaazzam
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,279

Post#1823 » by Shaazzam » Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:26 pm

spykelee wrote:I don't know where else to put this but ive been watching and laughing about it all night so it deserves a repost. Perhaps the greatest promo in wrestling history.

watching the faces of the other peeps in the shot is gold too, adds more layers of hilarity
Imageprops to Turbo_Zone
iMoreland
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,946

Post#1824 » by iMoreland » Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:46 am

Keith Lee revealed why he was out for so long

- Came back for one match after getting covid.
- Got a call the next day saying something "was off in his blood."
- Was told it was inflammation of the heart. Wasn't allowed any training or physical activity outside of a light walk. Anything other than that, "there was a chance I could just pass away."
- Had several MRIs on his heart, says he didn't fit in the machines.
- "It became a fight, against death."
- WWE sent him to Pittsburgh to get tested. Almost had to undergo genetic testing.
- The long wait allowed the inflammation of the heart to go down, returning to normal. "Over time things got better here and there."
- Was cleared after that visit to try to "get back into some sort of better shape."
- "We fought death. I don't mind fighting anyone else."
Celtsfan1980
Assistant Coach
And1: 192

Post#1825 » by Celtsfan1980 » Sat Aug 14, 2021 4:37 pm

Given that many 1980's music videos do well on Youtube, it's amazing how poorly 1980's WWE videos do. The A&E biographies of 1980's wrestlers appeared to do very well, a few Saturday Night Main Events pulled in great ratings going against limited competition, and the attendance figures look good, but I can't help but go back to the underwhelming Youtube numbers and think it was overrated.
improper
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,405

Post#1826 » by improper » Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:20 pm

iMoreland wrote:Keith Lee revealed why he was out for so long

- Came back for one match after getting covid.
- Got a call the next day saying something "was off in his blood."
- Was told it was inflammation of the heart. Wasn't allowed any training or physical activity outside of a light walk. Anything other than that, "there was a chance I could just pass away."
- Had several MRIs on his heart, says he didn't fit in the machines.
- "It became a fight, against death."
- WWE sent him to Pittsburgh to get tested. Almost had to undergo genetic testing.
- The long wait allowed the inflammation of the heart to go down, returning to normal. "Over time things got better here and there."
- Was cleared after that visit to try to "get back into some sort of better shape."
- "We fought death. I don't mind fighting anyone else."

Just more proof that covid is no joke.
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,276

Post#1827 » by jakecronus8 » Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:34 pm

I sincerely hope that Lee isn’t putting himself in danger by continuing to wrestle. Wwe is damn sure not worth dying for.
Do it for Chuck
iMoreland
Lead Assistant

Post#1828 » by iMoreland » Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:44 pm

Read on Twitter
Scott Hall
RealGM
And1: 62,605

Post#1829 » by Scott Hall » Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:11 pm

Read on Twitter
Amare_1_Knicks
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,297

Post#1830 » by Amare_1_Knicks » Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:14 pm

I feel like it’s a great time to be a wrestling fan. With all that’s going on in AEW, and now some big returns — Lesnar & Becky (and perhaps Goldberg for a bit longer, judging by that anticlimactic finish).

It does seem like they’re going all in with making Smackdown the A show, and Raw feels like a distant B at this point. Roman feels like a star, and he’s going to be mixing it up with Lesnar again so that’s always must see. Rhea and Charlotte have been doing their best, but quite frankly, I’m tired of seeing those two together. Lashley’s great but no real contenders outside of Bill.

As for the game, I’m glad they’re taking their time with it. That’s fine — take the time to make the game better than it was in the past 5-6 installations. It got stale. Get the gameplay right.
iMoreland
Lead Assistant

Post#1831 » by iMoreland » Sat Sep 4, 2021 11:03 pm

Spoiler:
Gable Steveson signs with WWE. Absolutely massive. There's no doubt in my mind he will be a star.
Scott Hall
RealGM
And1: 62,605

Post#1832 » by Scott Hall » Tue Sep 7, 2021 9:51 pm

Read on Twitter
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Post#1833 » by Marcus » Tue Sep 7, 2021 10:45 pm

iMoreland wrote:
Spoiler:
Gable Steveson signs with WWE. Absolutely massive. There's no doubt in my mind he will be a star.

stuff like this that is the reason why Vince feels confident about his personnel moves.
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
iMoreland
Lead Assistant

Post#1834 » by iMoreland » Tue Sep 7, 2021 11:35 pm

Read on Twitter
improper
Lead Assistant

Post#1835 » by improper » Wed Sep 8, 2021 2:01 am

iMoreland wrote:
Read on Twitter

Can we please get both him and Zayn in AEW?

Hell, make them as a tag team and have them face the Bucks or Lucha Bros. My body is ready.
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#1836 » by WRau1 » Wed Sep 8, 2021 3:10 am

improper wrote:
iMoreland wrote:
Read on Twitter

Can we please get both him and Zayn in AEW?

Hell, make them as a tag team and have them face the Bucks or Lucha Bros. My body is ready.

Zayn's contract is supposedly up in the next month or so. KO recently tweeted then deleted the coordinates to Mt Rushmore, which was also his stable name for himself, the Young Bucks and Adam Cole.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
improper
Lead Assistant

Post#1837 » by improper » Wed Sep 8, 2021 3:37 am

WRau1 wrote:Zayn's contract is supposedly up in the next month or so. KO recently tweeted then deleted the coordinates to Mt Rushmore, which was also his stable name for himself, the Young Bucks and Adam Cole.

Oh man...they could bring Owens in and have Cole and the Bucks turn on Omega. That would be an awesome angle.
LLJ
RealGM
And1: 17,220

Post#1838 » by LLJ » Wed Sep 8, 2021 3:52 am

Marcus wrote:
iMoreland wrote:
Spoiler:

stuff like this that is the reason why Vince feels confident about his personnel moves.

Depth of talent has never been the WWE's problem. Yes they can lose guys like Danielson and Moxley and still have plenty of "names" (though there are no true "draws" in wrestling anymore these days). It's the utilization of their talent and the slow-drip death of their fanbase that's always been their problem. They can sign all the former gold medalists, CFL rejects and former national track athletes (Bianca) in the world they want, but if they're booked like **** (again, Bianca), they won't be creating any true needle movers.

But hey, maybe that's by design. The brand is the draw and all that nonsense.
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,276

Post#1839 » by jakecronus8 » Wed Sep 8, 2021 5:50 am

My initial reaction to the idea of Steen and Generico to AEW is that they may be going too crazy bringing in talent but the more I think on it the more I don’t see it as an issue.

These guys all know each other and have great chemistry. Unlike WWE who pushes the same 4-5 guys as top guys and rinse/repeat, I think in AEW you have a giant list of top guys that can work mid card programs with each other and make them interesting and eventually get their turn at the tippy top.

Still wanna see Wyatt with some creative freedom. The FFFH was just the tip of the iceberg as far as his character work is concerned, IMO.
Do it for Chuck
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,926

Post#1840 » by tugs » Wed Sep 8, 2021 10:05 am

Still pissed they let go of someone with a working gimmick and character but kept his schtick and gave to a woman who doesn't need it

Return to Pro Wrestling