WWE General Discussion II

Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,926

Re: RE: Re: WWE General Discussion II 

Post#101 » by tugs » Sun Jul 8, 2018 8:04 am

improper wrote:
tugs wrote:I don't think I've despised any heel as sincerely as Sami Callihan right now. Can't remember anyone as convincing as he is. Last one might be the vicious, Evolution Triple H but even that character was not this ruthless.

Props to him.

Don't think this is the right thread for that comment.
Hey, Trips was part of the post can't I get a pass?

No but seriously, I can't think of anyone from WWE who has similar impact in the last decade or so.
Wo1verine
2015 Beat the Commish Champion
And1: 11,761

Re: WWE General Discussion II 

Post#102 » by Wo1verine » Sun Jul 8, 2018 7:54 pm

iMoreland wrote:
Spoiler:
Rey Mysterio has re-signed with WWE on a 2 year deal per the internet

YES

That's awesome! One of my FAVS growing up
BrunoSkull
Wo1verine
2015 Beat the Commish Champion
And1: 11,761

Post#103 » by Wo1verine » Sun Jul 8, 2018 7:57 pm

iMoreland wrote:Vince, let Brock talk

Read on Twitter

So is RR going to finally take the belt from him after like how many tries? :lol:
BrunoSkull
iMoreland
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,946

Post#104 » by iMoreland » Mon Jul 9, 2018 2:23 am

Daniel Cormier is 100% gonna show up on WWE TV soon and it's gonna be so awesome.

Here he is marking out when Seth Rollins cashed in at WrestleMania 31, he loves pro wrestling: https://v.redd.it/mhbfw77vft811
improper
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,405

Post#105 » by improper » Mon Jul 9, 2018 7:02 am

iMoreland wrote:Daniel Cormier is 100% gonna show up on WWE TV soon and it's gonna be so awesome.

Here he is marking out when Seth Rollins cashed in at WrestleMania 31, he loves pro wrestling: https://v.redd.it/mhbfw77vft811

They should do a running gag where he keeps showing up to confront Lesnar but Lesnar is never there because he doesn't have to work.
skbucks1985
RealGM
And1: 1,903

Post#106 » by skbucks1985 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:41 pm

I go back-and-forth on Reigns. Not between like and dislike, but between apathy and dislike. The Reigns-Mahal feud perfectly hit the apathy spot as when it became clear that was the direction that was my cue to use those segments as bathroom breaks. But I'm firmly back in the dislike camp. There's a lot of versions of Reigns that I don't like, but "shooting" Roman Reigns may be my least favorite. The Cena program was fine but the version of it with Lesnar and Lashley are terrible to me. And the difference is that Reigns and Cena dished it out in equal order to each other, but Lesnar and Lashley either choose not to or perhaps are not allowed to respond in kind. If after Reigns had talked about Brock's schedule, Heyman goes out there and talks about how Brock has the schedule he has because and proceeds to list off all of Brock's accomplishments and says something along the lines of "Roman, you could've had a schedule like this as well if you hadn't washed out of the NFL... Sorry, I meant if you hadn't washed out of the CFL". And the comment about Lashley's MMA career where he said dismissively "You went to MMA. How'd that work out for you". The criticism of Lashley's MMA career would be that he seemed content to face and beat guys that he physically overmatched and didn't really challenge himself with top-tier competition. But at the end of the day, he was still 15-2 and won his last 8 fights. When Reigns made that comment, Lashley should've immediately shot back "A lot better than your football career". Although I don't know if that would've been the smartest thing to do career-wise.

If I could watch the Lesnar-Cormier fight with one person it would be Vince McMahon. He's going to watch this complete physical specimen who looks like he was made out of a lab and he's going to fight this short, chubby guy that he's going to tower over. And that short, chubby guy is going to beat that physical specimen's ass.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#107 » by Ruzious » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:26 pm

safi wrote:If I could watch the Lesnar-Cormier fight with one person it would be Vince McMahon. He's going to watch this complete physical specimen who looks like he was made out of a lab and he's going to fight this short, chubby guy that he's going to tower over. And that short, chubby guy is going to beat that physical specimen's ass.

Plus 1. But I do think Lesnar in his prime could have made it a good match. Then again, he's only 2 years older than Cormier. That match is going to make a lot of money.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
skbucks1985
RealGM
And1: 1,903

Post#108 » by skbucks1985 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:44 pm

Ruzious wrote:
safi wrote:If I could watch the Lesnar-Cormier fight with one person it would be Vince McMahon. He's going to watch this complete physical specimen who looks like he was made out of a lab and he's going to fight this short, chubby guy that he's going to tower over. And that short, chubby guy is going to beat that physical specimen's ass.

Plus 1. But I do think Lesnar in his prime could have made it a good match. Then again, he's only 2 years older than Cormier. That match is going to make a lot of money.

Maybe, I doubt it. There's an argument to be made, not one I necessarily ascribe to, that if you take opponent into account that the best performance of his career was the Hunt fight. I think even Brock at his prime, whatever you determine that to be, would not have been able to hang with Cormier because Brock's size advantage would've been pretty easily negated by Cormier being better at literally everything.
Scott Hall
RealGM
And1: 62,605

Post#109 » by Scott Hall » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:29 am

Read on Twitter
improper
Lead Assistant

Post#110 » by improper » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:36 am

Scott Hall wrote:
Read on Twitter

Ciampa's twitter game is just impeccable.
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,550

Post#111 » by Dominator83 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:17 am

Scott Hall wrote:
Read on Twitter

Uh oh. He said WRESTLER! So that's why he was gone from WWE right after :lol:
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#112 » by Spens1 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:23 pm

On Cormier, i wish WWE had brought him in about 4-5 years ago and got him to start training (though that would have been in the very early NXT days or even FCW days) and do some stuff, at this point it may be too late but it would be interesting to see.
iMoreland
Lead Assistant

Post#113 » by iMoreland » Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:45 am

If Rollins is Intercontinental Champion again after SummerSlam and Shinsuke is still United States Champion, there's a good chance the two of them will face each other at Survivor Series

Also Becky vs Rousey is possible
Scott Hall
RealGM

Post#114 » by Scott Hall » Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:13 pm

Read on Twitter

Apparently Brian Christopher hung himself in jail

I did a Volkoff Million Dollar Corporation attire a few weeks back for my never ending 2K16 project
he actually had a really solid moveset for an 80's/90's wrestler
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,550

Post#115 » by Dominator83 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:50 pm

Scott Hall wrote:
Read on Twitter

Apparently Brian Christopher hung himself in jail

I did a Volkoff Million Dollar Corporation attire a few weeks back for my never ending 2K16 project
he actually had a really solid moveset for an 80's/90's wrestler

R.I.P. Fellas. Thanks for all the memories
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
iMoreland
Lead Assistant

Post#116 » by iMoreland » Wed Aug 1, 2018 7:09 pm

Is this a retirement tweet by Matt Hardy?

Read on Twitter
Dubious Handles
Sixth Man
And1: 3,902

Post#117 » by Dubious Handles » Thu Aug 2, 2018 8:17 am

iMoreland wrote:Is this a retirement tweet by Matt Hardy?

Read on Twitter

:cry: :cry: :cry:

I really wish he stayed with TNA and continued his broken gimmick there, it brought me back to watch wrestling again after stopping for nearly 10 years now. Never forgiving Vince for that :nonono:
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#118 » by Spens1 » Thu Aug 2, 2018 12:15 pm

Honestly i hope he goes back to Impact (not even Jeff, just him, his wife and Senor Benjamin along with Vanguard 1, Skarsgard and all the other things). Could be a retirement altogether though.
Scott Hall
RealGM

Post#119 » by Scott Hall » Mon Aug 6, 2018 4:31 am

Just watched Summerslam 2007 probably the first time I've watched it since watching it live when it happened.
Do yourself a favor and skip this one if you're ever looking to watch an old Summerslam. The roster was getting
crappy and I think 2007 was around the start of a downfall and long slump for the company.
improper
Lead Assistant

Post#120 » by improper » Mon Aug 6, 2018 4:35 am

Scott Hall wrote:Just watched Summerslam 2007 probably the first time I've watched it since watching it live when it happened.
Do yourself a favor and skip this one if you're ever looking to watch an old Summerslam. The roster was getting
crappy and I think 2007 was around the start of a downfall and long slump for the company.

Not really sure it can be considered a slump when it's been going on for over a decade now. :lol:

The product is probably the worst it's ever been despite the roster being the most talented, which is just really sad and unfortunate. So many performers I love on the roster and creative just does nothing with them.

Return to Pro Wrestling