WWE General Discussion II

Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Re: WWE General Discussion II 

Post#1241 » by Ruzious » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:20 pm

jakecronus8 wrote:Me: “Wow, the fiend’s debut was awesome. This should be great as long as wwe takes their time with him and doesn’t hot shot him to the top right away.”

WWE:

Read on Twitter

:noway:

Meh, he's basically got to destroy/kill everyone that goes against him before getting a championship match. Would you rather see that for several months? And it's not like he hasn't been at WWE for years in just an altered version of the same character.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
iMoreland
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,946

Post#1242 » by iMoreland » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:19 pm

Put the title on Bray before Halloween and profit off those mask sales
improper
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,405

Post#1243 » by improper » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:50 pm

I'd have waited until a bigger PPV like Survivor Series or the Rumble to put the belt on him and let him murder someone new each month until then.
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,925

Post#1244 » by tugs » Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:25 am

Yeah with his neck twisting move my goodness
iMoreland
Lead Assistant

Post#1245 » by iMoreland » Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:18 pm

WON: There's talk of WWE doing another draft prior to SmackDown's move to Fox
improper
Lead Assistant

Post#1246 » by improper » Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:29 pm

iMoreland wrote:WON: There's talk of WWE doing another draft prior to SmackDown's move to Fox

Makes sense, as I imagine Fox will want their own show, not the Raw Recap that Smackdown always becomes when WWE ditches the brand split like they have the past couple months.
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,523

Post#1247 » by Dr Positivity » Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:07 am

So I listened to Dean/Moxley's Talk is Jericho podcast, and without knowing the full story, I can't fully side with his complaints. His criticisms were entirely based on Vince's promos for him, it's clear he detested the comedy angles and anything that made him seem like an unpredictable weirdo. While there were low points for that (the Bray Wyatt feud, the gas masks thing with Rollins I guess), I think on the whole I don't have a problem with how they used Dean comedically or how much he stood out as a guy who acts and thinks differently than others. If I remember correctly when he was the Smackdown champion away from the Shield and feuding AJ they tried a more generic babyface move of "I've worked harder than anyone to get here" yada yada, and it was boring. Likewise when he came back from injury last year there was an opportunity for him to be "straight" with his new look and body, but it was falling flat so they came up with other plans. The real answer is probably somewhere in the middle where Vince did make a few mistakes, but the idea of making him stand out personality wise by making him not follow social norms was not a terrible idea. I do agree with him that his return after 9 months was terribly booked (they made Seth telegraph it with "You have a Scottish psychopath in your corner oh yea well *everyone in the crowd knows what's coming*... ... I have a lunatic" instead of just playing his music) Overall I think the main reason Dean didn't make it as far as Rollins and Reigns is he wasn't the athlete they are and after a while he ended up dead in the ring. You can say from Dean's perspective that his potential as a promo compared to them was higher than Vince let it be and that's why his complaints are valid, but still. For me my plan for Dean if he had stayed would've been to make him a tag team wrestler where he would've had the comic timing playing off his partner in backstage segments, and then in matches he could be a hot tag and do his suicide dives and bounce off the ropes move. I think he could've had another act doing that. But it sounds like he hated the "comedy Dean" part of his character as much as Cody Rhodes hated the Stardust makeup.
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,549

Post#1248 » by Dominator83 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:54 am

Dr Positivity wrote:So I listened to Dean/Moxley's Talk is Jericho podcast, and without knowing the full story, I can't fully side with his complaints. His criticisms were entirely based on Vince's promos for him, it's clear he detested the comedy angles and anything that made him seem like an unpredictable weirdo. While there were low points for that (the Bray Wyatt feud, the gas masks thing with Rollins I guess), I think on the whole I don't have a problem with how they used Dean comedically or how much he stood out as a guy who acts and thinks differently than others. If I remember correctly when he was the Smackdown champion away from the Shield and feuding AJ they tried a more generic babyface move of "I've worked harder than anyone to get here" yada yada, and it was boring. Likewise when he came back from injury last year there was an opportunity for him to be "straight" with his new look and body, but it was falling flat so they came up with other plans. The real answer is probably somewhere in the middle where Vince did make a few mistakes, but the idea of making him stand out personality wise by making him not follow social norms was not a terrible idea. I do agree with him that his return after 9 months was terribly booked (they made Seth telegraph it with "You have a Scottish psychopath in your corner oh yea well *everyone in the crowd knows what's coming*... ... I have a lunatic" instead of just playing his music) Overall I think the main reason Dean didn't make it as far as Rollins and Reigns is he wasn't the athlete they are and after a while he ended up dead in the ring. You can say from Dean's perspective that his potential as a promo compared to them was higher than Vince let it be and that's why his complaints are valid, but still. For me my plan for Dean if he had stayed would've been to make him a tag team wrestler where he would've had the comic timing playing off his partner in backstage segments, and then in matches he could be a hot tag and do his suicide dives and bounce off the ropes move. I think he could've had another act doing that. But it sounds like he hated the "comedy Dean" part of his character as much as Cody Rhodes hated the Stardust makeup.

Good points there. Moxley is good, but he isn't great in the ring by any means. Like for tonights show, The match should actually be better with Moxley replaced with PAC.
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
improper
Lead Assistant

Post#1249 » by improper » Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:53 pm

Moxley looked ten times better in NJPW than he had for the last several years in WWE. I think he's a good worker. He's just not elite.

But you don't have to be with good booking that takes advantage of your strengths. Problem is he never had that in WWE, at least not since that feud with Rollins after the Shield broke up the first time.
LLJ
RealGM
And1: 17,214

Post#1250 » by LLJ » Mon Sep 2, 2019 11:07 pm

Moxley was more well rounded as a performer than Seth and Roman. Better promo ability than Roman, better promo ability and better voice than Seth, and not bad in the ring, just average. My guess is it was mostly his look. He looked like a regular guy to Vince and he didn't know how to book for someone who has more of an everyman look than a big generic dude or a sports athlete.

And since being great in the ring isn't really a requirement to being a top 3 guy in the WWE, it shouldn't have been an impediment.
iMoreland
Lead Assistant

Post#1251 » by iMoreland » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:08 pm

Raw announce team - Vic Joseph, Jerry Lawler, Dio Maddin

SmackDown announce team - Michael Cole, Corey Graves, Renee Young
spykelee
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,756

Post#1252 » by spykelee » Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:50 pm

I'm honestly shocked they'd go with Lawler on the flagship program. That's stunning

Sent from my LG-H873 using RealGM mobile app
tugs
RealGM

Post#1253 » by tugs » Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:23 am

Eeeyyy the ___day Night Delight is back in the WWE!!!!
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,549

Post#1254 » by Dominator83 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:36 am

tugs wrote:Eeeyyy the ___day Night Delight is back in the WWE!!!!

I take it you mean John Morrison?!

Good signing, but im surprised he was ever let go to begin with. If he was used/pushed properly, he had Shawn Michaels potential imo. Still can be big time there but they'll probably book him like crap like they do with most of their talent
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
Scott Hall
RealGM
And1: 62,605

Post#1255 » by Scott Hall » Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:11 am

Dominater wrote:

Good signing, but im surprised he was ever let go to begin with. If he was used/pushed properly, he had Shawn Michaels potential imo. Still can be big time there but they'll probably book him like crap like they do with most of their talent

Well the big difference between HBK and Morrison is on the mic one is arguably one of the GOATs and Morrision was
one of the worst in the company when he was there. I think he's improved a lot since he's been gone I really enjoyed
his work in Impact and Lucha Underground. I'm surprised he didn't sign with AEW I felt they could've used the
depth and name value. In WWE I wouldn't be surprised if he got Shelton Benjamin/EC3/Luke Gallows type booking
where Vince remembers he didn't like these guys years ago and is not willing to give them a chance. I think him and
Miz are good friends maybe even the best man at his wedding so he could possibly use his clout to get Creative
to do something with him or reunite the Miz and Morrison tag-team.
tugs
RealGM

Post#1256 » by tugs » Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:04 am

Dominater wrote:

Yep, him.

I wonder how he'll be utilized. Only way this will work if they'll be strict with the brand splits (and I can see them doing that and focusing on each brand). I think the "A and B" shows are concerned with NXT's success overshadowing them, hence piling up on talent (and hopefully, creating compelling storylines and feuds).

DZ and Morrison match would be a sell fest.
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#1257 » by Spens1 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:28 am

I have no remote idea why he'd come back unless WWE threw a ton of money his way cause he'll mostly be in catering. WWE need to be going through spring cleaning, not hoarding even more talent, they're behaving just like WCW did (maybe instead of Russo booking we get rather dull booking instead however).
iMoreland
Lead Assistant

Post#1258 » by iMoreland » Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:03 pm

Kinda messed up that Vic Joseph and Dio Maddin got those Raw commentary spots and not Tom Phillips and Byron Saxton. Byron was really good in Kofi's title chase, and Phillips seems to have a great feel for the play-by-play role.
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#1259 » by Spens1 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:01 pm

iMoreland wrote:Kinda messed up that Vic Joseph and Dio Maddin got those Raw commentary spots and not Tom Phillips and Byron Saxton. Byron was really good in Kofi's title chase, and Phillips seems to have a great feel for the play-by-play role.

Saxton and Phillips both grew so i am kind of surprised that they seem to be pushing both out.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,859

Post#1260 » by Stanford » Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:04 am

If you miss Asuka's bad ass NXT character, don't watch her YouTube videos.

Return to Pro Wrestling