WWE General Discussion II

Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Re: WWE General Discussion II 

Post#1761 » by WRau1 » Thu May 13, 2021 8:20 pm

WWE resigns Zelina Vega. Wonder if they'll repackage her w/ Aleister Black?
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
iMoreland
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,946

Post#1762 » by iMoreland » Thu May 13, 2021 9:49 pm

Their characters don't really mesh together at all
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,865

Post#1763 » by Stanford » Thu May 13, 2021 9:50 pm

iMoreland wrote:Their characters don't really mesh together at all

I agree but she's pretty talented. I bet she could adapt to his character.
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,275

Post#1764 » by jakecronus8 » Fri May 14, 2021 5:15 am

Re-signing Vega seems like a PR move or it could mean they were legitimately scared of her challenging their antiquated system that underpays and exploits the talent.

Iirc, punk said in his podcast that he got more in his wwe settlement than he even initially asked for and he suspects it’s because he was even just hinting at challenging their pay structure.
Do it for Chuck
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,926

Post#1765 » by tugs » Fri May 14, 2021 8:48 am

What happens with her Only Fans then?
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#1766 » by WRau1 » Fri May 14, 2021 1:24 pm

Stanford wrote:

Agree she could easily fit into whatever Black is doing now, which we're not even sure what that is yet. She had a program with Winter in TNA where she was "darker" than normal, pretty much a less expressive Scarlett Bordeaux.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#1767 » by Ruzious » Fri May 14, 2021 1:46 pm

WRau1 wrote:
Stanford wrote:

Agree she could easily fit into whatever Black is doing now, which we're not even sure what that is yet. She had a program with Winter in TNA where she was "darker" than normal, pretty much a less expressive Scarlett Bordeaux.

And if Scarlett Bordeaux is an asset for Killer Kross, Vega can certainly be an asset for Black. Vega appears to be much more talented.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
jakecronus8
RealGM

Post#1768 » by jakecronus8 » Mon May 17, 2021 4:01 am

Just catching up on dark side of the ring. Holy ****, vince putting Pillman’s widow on live television after he died is up there with the scummiest things he’s done and that’s really saying something.
Do it for Chuck
iMoreland
Lead Assistant

Post#1769 » by iMoreland » Tue May 18, 2021 3:47 pm

Miz tore his ACL at Backlash. That sucks. Is this the first time he's ever had a major injury in WWE?
heatwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 13,134

Post#1770 » by heatwillbeback » Tue May 18, 2021 4:34 pm

iMoreland wrote:Miz tore his ACL at Backlash. That sucks. Is this the first time he's ever had a major injury in WWE?

the zombies got him?

In all seriousness, yea tough blow for him. Hopefully he comes back strong. When he is being used right he is very valuable to the roster.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,820

Post#1771 » by Texas Chuck » Tue May 18, 2021 9:53 pm

heatwillbeback wrote:
iMoreland wrote:Miz tore his ACL at Backlash. That sucks. Is this the first time he's ever had a major injury in WWE?

the zombies got him?

In all seriousness, yea tough blow for him. Hopefully he comes back strong. When he is being used right he is very valuable to the roster.

Great thing about Miz is he can still be very valuable even if he doesn't wrestle.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,926

Post#1772 » by tugs » Tue May 18, 2021 11:15 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:
heatwillbeback wrote:

the zombies got him?

Great thing about Miz is he can still be very valuable even if he doesn't wrestle.
Damnnn, how though? Blessing in disguise as JoMo can do his solo thing now. Assuming Miz's comeback will be about John not having his back and that's the start of the eventual feud we have been expecting for months. At least it'll be a slow, methodical build

Would you want Miz to act as John's mouthpiece, or have Morisson go solo for now?
Texas Chuck

Post#1773 » by Texas Chuck » Wed May 19, 2021 2:11 am

tugs wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:
heatwillbeback wrote:
the zombies got him?

Damnnn, how though? Blessing in disguise as JoMo can do his solo thing now. Assuming Miz's comeback will be about John not having his back and that's the start of the eventual feud we have been expecting for months. At least it'll be a slow, methodical build

Would you want Miz to act as John's mouthpiece, or have Morisson go solo for now?

I've wanted them to split that duo up for awhile now. It was doing nothing for Miz and it was protecting Morrison's inability to cut a promo. I don't see any real value in Morrison except as a spot monkey and that's just not my thing.

In the short-term I'd do a lot of Miz TV or pair him with a monster who can't talk. Turn Braun and let Miz talk for him or something.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Texas Chuck

Post#1774 » by Texas Chuck » Tue May 25, 2021 10:01 pm

Adnan didn't last long....
spykelee
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,756

Post#1775 » by spykelee » Tue May 25, 2021 10:39 pm

Although I have a soft spot for Virk as a Canadian, he was out of place on that broadcast. The play by play guy needs to be able to describe more than just basic movesets and Virk struggled with that, let alone the other more demanding aspects of that job. Cole, Graves and Renee was the pinnacle of raw broadcasting imo.

Sent from my SM-N975W using RealGM mobile app
spykelee
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,756

Post#1776 » by spykelee » Thu May 27, 2021 1:20 am

Former UFC and Bellator commentator Jimmy Smith coming into Raw. I don't hate the choice, like somebody with combat sports
experience, but they really need to try and get some consistency with this. The revolving door makes it difficult to take this seriously, at least for me. 7 weeks for Virk? You can't just keep throwing **** at the wall and change it on a whim. This is your flagship show.
iMoreland
Lead Assistant

Post#1777 » by iMoreland » Fri May 28, 2021 1:18 pm

SummerSlam is on SATURDAY August 21st. SmackDown the night before is in Phoenix, Raw 2 nights after is in Denver. So SummerSlam's gotta be somewhere midwest, right? Vegas?
jakecronus8
RealGM

Post#1778 » by jakecronus8 » Fri May 28, 2021 9:30 pm

I miss JR. Even past his prime theres no one who comes close to him as a PBP guy outside of Mauro.
Do it for Chuck
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,532

Post#1779 » by Dr Positivity » Wed Jun 2, 2021 4:04 am

Portland vs Denver 5 star match for midcard belt tonight
iMoreland
Lead Assistant

Post#1780 » by iMoreland » Wed Jun 2, 2021 4:00 pm