iMoreland
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,946

WWE SummerSlam Discussion 

Post#1 » by iMoreland » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:28 am

bestnamezRtaken
Senior
And1: 349

Re: WWE SummerSlam Discussion (August 19th, 2018) 

Post#2 » by bestnamezRtaken » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:01 pm

Kinda sorta looking forward to Alexander v Gulak. That has so much potential to be great.
Kobe Bryant was asked who he feels is the toughest opponent to guard in the NBA. Instead of picking OKC's Kevin Durant, Bryant went with Portland’s Brandon Roy.

"Roy 365 days, seven days a week. Roy has no weaknesses in his game."
loserX
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 26,046

Post#3 » by loserX » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:04 pm

The fact that the Raw tag-team titles are on the kickoff show while Corbin/Balor is on the main ticket says a lot. Most of it bad.
Wo1verine
2015 Beat the Commish Champion
And1: 11,761

Post#4 » by Wo1verine » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:30 pm

Meh I won;t go out of my way to watch that;s for sure
BrunoSkull
improper
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,405

Post#5 » by improper » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:48 pm

bestnamezRtaken wrote:Kinda sorta looking forward to Alexander v Gulak. That has so much potential to be great.

Unfortunately, it's on the pre-show so they'll get like eight minutes with a commercial break in the middle.

Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,866

Post#6 » by Stanford » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:54 pm

You guys are a ton of fun
Flames24Rulz
Head Coach
And1: 343

Post#7 » by Flames24Rulz » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:57 pm

I actually think the card is solid. :-?
improper
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,405

Post#8 » by improper » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:01 pm

Flames24Rulz wrote:I actually think the card is solid. :-?

The cards for WWE PPVs usually are solid. It's the booking that tends to ruin them.
iMoreland
Lead Assistant

Post#9 » by iMoreland » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:31 pm

Stanford wrote:You guys are a ton of fun

Right?

I don't get why people who think the product sucks have to continuously tell people that they think the product sucks.
Scott Hall
RealGM
And1: 62,605

Post#10 » by Scott Hall » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:29 am

Brock vs. Reigns - Most interested in the crowd reaction would love to see something creative for once like
Heyman turning on Brock or Strowman/Owens cashing in MITB

AJ Styles vs. Samoa Joe - Cautiously optimistic with this will they have enough time to put on a good match?
Styles hasn't had a classic match in awhile

Shinske vs. Hardy - Don't care probably an Orton run-in

Daniel Bryan vs. Miz - Looking forward to this (don't think I've ever said that for a Miz match) the build up over 8 years is great

Charlotte vs. Becky Lynch vs. Carmella - I guess it's Becky's "turn" to win the tittle. Wouldn't be surprised to see Charlotte win
and they drag on this story of Becky being jealous of Charlotte.

Ronda Rousey vs. Alexa Bliss - Don't really care not expecting a good match but Rousey hasn't disappointed yet

Ziggler vs. Rollins - After the Iron man match don't need to see it again but 2 great workers Ambrose/McIntyre dynamic
should make things interesting

KO vs. Strowman - Hoping KO wins with help (maybe Heyman maybe a forming of a new stable) if it's a Strowman
squash I'll be pissed

Finn Balor vs. Baron Corbin - Zzzzzzz

Bludgeon Brothers vs. New Day - Don't care find Harper and Rowan boring and find the New Day's gimmick stale

Rusev and Lana vs. Almas and Vega - Poor Rusev goes from World tittle match last PPV to preshow the next.
This match should be on the main card. Guess we'll get some more shenanigans from Aiden English.

The B-Team vs. The Revival - Didn't even know it was a match what a joke the Raw Tag-Team division is

Gulak vs. Alexander - Early bathroom break stopped watching 205 Live not vested in these guys as characters.
Would rather see new blood like Lio Rush or Buddy Murphy.
The_Brecht
Starter
And1: 903

Post#11 » by The_Brecht » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:58 am

Maybe a few decent buildups (Rollins-Zigler and Miz-Bryan), but not really invested in most of the matches.
West-Flemish for behinners:

- Dust means thirsty.
skbucks1985
RealGM
And1: 1,903

Post#12 » by skbucks1985 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:14 pm

I think we're going to see a show with A LOT of title changes. Nakamura is probably the only guy I'd be pretty surprised by him losing his title. I certainly don't think every other champion will lose, but none of the others are out of the realm of possibility.

I don't think either tag title will switch hands, but I wouldn't be surprised by one or both doing so. The B-team may still have legs, but The Revival is the type of team that you could have hold the title until WM and use that to make someone (kinda like what happened in NXT). I like Harper and Rowan, I don't like the Bludgeon Brothers. And New Day is still one of the 5 most over acts in the company and are always a safe option to put titles on.

I think its virtually a certainty that both women's titles are changing hands. The obvious main event for the women's PPV is champion vs champion. Ronda vs Charlotte is the biggest women's match the company can do, even Becky vs Ronda can be presented as a really big match. Alexa vs Carmella.... I don't know about that one.

Dolph vs Seth is interesting because I think Seth and Dean's reunion will be a short one with Dean turning on him. I don't know if they'll pull the trigger on it immediately. And even if they do, logically it would make more sense for Dean to turn on Seth after the match because then he's got a shot at a title. But, I don't think that program needs a title. Conversely, I've been waiting for the Dolph-Drew pairing to end since it began. Even though its starting to grow on me, I still think Drew is a cut above Dolph. But if/when this breakup occurs, they probably do need the title.

I'm pretty confident Joe wins the title from AJ. They kinda need to do it just so Joe doesn't seem like the challenger of the month like Rusev. And I think AJ's probably going to eventually win this feud, but Joe needs this win if its going to continue and I could see this going through the fall.

I'm pretty certain Brock's not leaving with the title. I think Roman winning clean is still the most likely outcome, which if they go down this path I'm guessing they do an injury angle with the winner of the Braun/KO match because no matter what they do, you'll still get the "We want Owens/Braun" chants, but it may not be quite as bad. If they don't do an injury angle in that match, I'm pretty sure that person's leaving with the title.
iMoreland
Lead Assistant

Post#13 » by iMoreland » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:56 pm

Really good Samoa Joe documentary

skbucks1985
RealGM
And1: 1,903

Post#14 » by skbucks1985 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:52 pm

The shifts between story line and real life was weird in that
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#15 » by Spens1 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:58 am

i really hope the Revival take the tag titles off those damn jobbers. It was funny at first but now its just concerning. Have the Revival squash them in 3 minutes (serious) to make them look like a threat.

I bet you they find a way to have Charlotte win and turn Becky heel, but if they had any brains it would be Becky winning and having Charlotte turn (i mean lets face it, when she is a heel, she's probably the top heel in the womans division, i'm sorry she's not a believable face).

Couldn't care less about the US title (Nakamura fighting way below his level here but its kind of what happens when you put in like 50% effort into your matches and have a horrible storyline). May as well have Hardy win, i mean what is the point of this title at this stage anyway.

Samoa Joe should absolutely win, AJ has nothing to do as champ unless Almas wins it later this year (Survivor Series)

I hope that Braun cashes in to win the Universal Title, please give us something, Brock as champ doesn't exist and Roman has somehow regressed from 2 years ago. I love Owens but no, not with his booking, they'd butcher him as champ and have him play the coward, they need a serious rebuild with him back to NXT/early main roster Owens were he was practically a monster heel almost and a complete sociopath.

Balor vs Corbin - they may as well have Corbin win, Balor also should go to creative and get them to do something else with him (turn him heel already, all of his success prior to WWE has mostly been because of being a top heel in a faction).

Smackdown tag titles - meh, not a lot going for either teams as is.

Gulak vs Alexander - good show, but no interest in Alexander in this title run really. Gulak though could be interesting as champ but again, no Neville means the show has no top guy, Swann could have been that prior to his incident but now they have no one until Ricochet ends up here.

Bryan vs Miz will be great, should be interesting to see how things turn out here (i'm thinking Bryan may win and announce he's staying, which again i still think is a shame, i'd rather he go and do what Jericho is doing now and go freelance with ROH, Impact, CMLL and New Japan and make a killing there and occasionally come back to WWE).

Can Rousey carry Bliss to a passable match, that should be interesting. It would be smart to have Bliss get squashed to be honest.

Dolph vs Seth should be a good match, will be more interesting if Dean turns on Seth (if they go with that then the feud will immediately be better than whatever is going on in the universal title scene guaranteed).

Not expecting much besides the WWE title, Bryan vs Miz and IC title match but I hope some other match delivers because the build has not been that good on the raw side. Smackdown side they've at least tried but even then, it could be a worry depending on what they do post summerslam.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#16 » by Stanford » Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:25 am

Read on Twitter

I think we know who is winning tomorrow.
Scott Hall
RealGM
And1: 62,605

Post#17 » by Scott Hall » Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:20 am

Wow Trish is coming back I was at her retirement match many moons ago...

If she was to return for one more match I'd prefer it be vs. Charlotte or Asuka though I'm
guessing this is a one off but maybe she will have a couple of more matches.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#18 » by Stanford » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:47 pm

I'm sure Lana works really hard. I'm sure she does.

But, well... I'm sure she works really hard...
iMoreland
Lead Assistant

Post#19 » by iMoreland » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:15 pm

Dang it, I changed my pick last minute from Cedric to Gulak
JohnPferdelack
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,516

Post#20 » by JohnPferdelack » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:27 pm

why is JBL back?

Return to Pro Wrestling