WWE Survivor Series Discussion

Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

iMoreland
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,946

WWE Survivor Series Discussion 

Post#1 » by iMoreland » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:15 pm

Kickoff Show

— Raw Tag Teams: Bobby Roode and Chad Gable, Lucha House Party, The Ascension, The B-Team, and The Revival vs. SmackDown Tag Teams: Sanity, The Colons, The Good Brothers, The New Day, and The Usos

Survivor Series

— Cruiserweight Championship: Buddy Murphy (c) vs. Mustafa Ali

— Raw Women's: Bayley, Mickie James, Nia Jax, Sasha Banks, and Tamina vs. SmackDown Women's: Asuka, Carmella, Mandy Rose, Naomi, and Sonya Deville

— Raw Men's: Bobby Lashley w/ Lio Rush, Braun Strowman, Dolph Ziggler, Drew McIntyre, and Finn Bálor vs. SmackDown Men's: Jeff Hardy, Rey Mysterio, Samoa Joe, Shane McMahon, and The Miz

— Seth Rollins vs. Shinsuke Nakamura

— The Authors of Pain vs. The Bar

– Charlotte Flair vs. Ronda Rousey

— Brock Lesnar w/ Paul Heyman vs. Daniel Bryan
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Re: WWE Survivor Series Discussion 

Post#2 » by Spens1 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:45 am

Both survivor series matches = no buys, what on earth is this feud built on exactly. Its built around the McMahon's ffs. who cares about them, their is no incentive at all, making it absolutely pointless. Only thing that may be interesting is how things will implode for both (smackdown with AJ coming in and beating the hell out of Shane, Raw with everyone just murdering each other).

Woman's match makes even less sense since each brand is all buddy buddy. Where is the continuation.

CW Match will be great no doubt, Ali hopefully will be a main eventer for a while on that show, same with Murphy.

Rollins vs Nakamura, who cares, Nakamura is dead as champ and for WWE's sake and his own, he ought to run out his contract and go back to New Japan (cause WWE can save a lot of money, and Nakamura can go back home and do something meaningful, even if it is the midcard). Again, Rollins vs Ambrose overshadows this completely and the only thing saving this would be a run in from Dean.

AOP vs the Bar, wasn't Sheamus meant to retire, I mean it will be a good slogfest but AOP surely are winning right?

Charlotte vs Rousey, its unfortunate but again, i don't really care, Becky being injured because Jax is a botch machine took the heat right out of this.

Lesnar vs Bryan will be interesting.
bestnamezRtaken
Senior
And1: 349

Post#3 » by bestnamezRtaken » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:03 pm

I think it'll be a decent PPV. Survivor Series is a PPV that will never make sense storyline wise because you just had all these people feuding and now they're rallying together to beat the other brand. Some people will just b*tch and moan to just b*tch and moan. It's like this every year yet people still call out the fact that it doesn't make sense for people to be buddy buddy during Survivor Series blah blah blah. Like, just enjoy the card for what it is. Jeez.

It'll be a fun show for the most part. I think Rollins and Nakamura will likely be match of the night. The tag match should be pretty decent, should hopefully showcase the AOP a little more since they haven't really been on much. Obviously Ronda v Charlotte is going to be good as will Bryan v Lesnar. I'm looking forward to the PPV.
Kobe Bryant was asked who he feels is the toughest opponent to guard in the NBA. Instead of picking OKC's Kevin Durant, Bryant went with Portland’s Brandon Roy.

"Roy 365 days, seven days a week. Roy has no weaknesses in his game."
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,920

Post#4 » by Stanford » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:14 pm

bestnamezRtaken wrote:Survivor Series is a PPV that will never make sense storyline wise because you just had all these people feuding and now they're rallying together to beat the other brand.

They should probably just stop doing it. It has no appeal to fans. No one knows what to make of it. The matches strike me as being the same every year.

That said, this card has some killer matchups on it.

Nakamura vs Rollins
Bryan vs Lesnar
Flair vs Rousey

Could all be Mania/SummerSlam matches.
bestnamezRtaken
Senior

Post#5 » by bestnamezRtaken » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:04 pm

Stanford wrote:
bestnamezRtaken wrote:Survivor Series is a PPV that will never make sense storyline wise because you just had all these people feuding and now they're rallying together to beat the other brand.

They should probably just stop doing it. It has no appeal to fans. No one knows what to make of it. The matches strike me as being the same every year.

That said, this card has some killer matchups on it.

Nakamura vs Rollins
Bryan vs Lesnar
Flair vs Rousey

Could all be Mania/SummerSlam matches.

I honestly don't mind it. I think it's a neat concept and just take it for what it is.
Kobe Bryant was asked who he feels is the toughest opponent to guard in the NBA. Instead of picking OKC's Kevin Durant, Bryant went with Portland’s Brandon Roy.

Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#6 » by Stanford » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:05 pm

Honest question: what was the last notable survivor series match?
improper
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,405

Post#7 » by improper » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:20 pm

I am fine with them doing the champion vs champion matches at Survivor Series but the actual elimination matches between the brands are dumb and pointless and really make zero sense. I'd rather they build to each brand having its own men's five on five, with the women's elimination match being Raw vs Smackdown simply because there aren't enough women worth a damn on either brand to give them each their own.

That way, they could actually build to some compelling stories for the men's matches instead of just having a generic Raw/Smackdown war that no one actually cares about because they are not actually competing brands.

The champion vs champion stuff can stay simply because it's a sort of "one night only" type of thing where you can have unique match-ups between wrestlers who don't interact much, which is fun.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#8 » by Stanford » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:26 pm

improper wrote:I am fine with them doing the champion vs champion matches at Survivor Series but the actual elimination matches between the brands are dumb and pointless and really make zero sense.

This is my take on the event as well.

It's funny that the event is just Bragging Rights with a more historic name.
improper
Lead Assistant

Post#9 » by improper » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:04 am

Stanford wrote:This is my take on the event as well.

It's funny that the event is just Bragging Rights with a more historic name.

They just need to actually utilize some of the stables they've got in WWE. That would be a great way to build to Survivor Series. For example, you could run a story where the Undisputed Era debuts and runs wild on the main roster, leading to a big Survivor Series showdown where a bunch of faces team up to try to stop them. It's simple, it's easy, and the crowd would probably eat it up, as Adam Cole is insanely over. It would also be more interesting than the standard inter-brand matches because the result would have actual implications on Raw or Smackdown (whichever brand they were on) going forward.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#10 » by Stanford » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:06 am

improper wrote:They just need to actually utilize some of the stables they've got in WWE. That would be a great way to build to Survivor Series. For example, you could run a story where the Undisputed Era debuts and runs wild on the main roster, leading to a big Survivor Series showdown where a bunch of faces team up to try to stop them. It's simple, it's easy, and the crowd would probably eat it up, as Adam Cole is insanely over. It would also be more interesting than the standard inter-brand matches because the result would have actual implications on Raw or Smackdown (whichever brand they were on) going forward.

Yes! Like last year's War Games.
improper
Lead Assistant

Post#11 » by improper » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:08 am

Stanford wrote:Yes! Like last year's War Games.

Or literally exactly like this year's War Games. :lol:

Another option would be to take one of the brands and have a team of faces versus a team of heels. The last two surviving members of the winning team face off at the next PPV in a number one contender's match for the heavyweight title, or hell maybe all five members of the winning team do a fatal five way or something. Adds some actual stakes to the proceedings along with building toward future story developments.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#12 » by Stanford » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:10 am

Right, I keep forgetting War Games is this weekend.
improper
Lead Assistant

Post#13 » by improper » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:38 am

Read on Twitter

Becky just goddamn torched Rousey. :lol:

Also, what is up with this millennial stuff? Rousey is like three days younger than Becky!
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#14 » by Stanford » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:52 am

Millenial Man has to be a reference to something that you and I are completely missing. I dont get it either.

I swear, though, this injury is going to be the best thing that ever happened to Becky. Wrestling is weird like that.
improper
Lead Assistant

Post#15 » by improper » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:39 am

Stanford wrote:Millenial Man has to be a reference to something that you and I are completely missing. I dont get it either.

I swear, though, this injury is going to be the best thing that ever happened to Becky. Wrestling is weird like that.

I am pretty sure Ronda called Becky an entitled millennial in the past couple of weeks which, again, makes zero sense. It makes even less sense coming from Ronda, because Ronda basically walked in and was given a title shot for like her third match, whereas Becky has had to fight tooth and nail for every opportunity because Vince hates foreign accents.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#16 » by Stanford » Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:08 am

Very strange
improper
Lead Assistant

Post#17 » by improper » Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:38 am

Stanford wrote:Very strange

Yup, even more so because, as I mentioned, Becky is actually older than Rousey, albeit only by a couple of days. They're both millennials. Same as most of us here, I'd imagine.
bestnamezRtaken
Senior

Post#18 » by bestnamezRtaken » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:56 pm

Like Stan said, wrestling is very weird because this injury to Becky is making her look amazing and totally hyping up the next time these two get a chance to go at it. I'm really excited for what's to come between these two. This is great!

improper
Lead Assistant

Post#19 » by improper » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:20 pm

bestnamezRtaken wrote:Like Stan said, wrestling is very weird because this injury to Becky is making her look amazing and totally hyping up the next time these two get a chance to go at it. I'm really excited for what's to come between these two. This is great!

And then WWE will inevitably screw up a sure thing somehow like they almost always do. :lol:
iMoreland
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,946

Post#20 » by iMoreland » Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:00 pm

Lars Sullivan vignette just aired on the kickoff show, 5 stars Lars is coming f*** yeah

Return to Pro Wrestling