Re: NXT TakeOver: War Games 2 Discussion 

Post#21 » by iMoreland » Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:09 am

Everything Velveteen Dream does is money
improper
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,405

Post#22 » by improper » Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:33 am

I just truly don't understand how every Takeover somehow seems better than the last one.
improper
Lead Assistant

Post#23 » by improper » Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:42 am

Make that two MOTY candidates.
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#24 » by WRau1 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:42 am

Another great match.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
iMoreland
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,945

Post#25 » by iMoreland » Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:42 am

Read on Twitter
improper
Lead Assistant

Post#26 » by improper » Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:44 am

NXT does it again. Amazing show.
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,924

Post#27 » by tugs » Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:46 am

Wtf was that a reverse 450?!
improper
Lead Assistant

Post#28 » by improper » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:00 am

Craziest part of tonight was how over Sane was. The crowd was going nuts for her.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,848

Post#29 » by Stanford » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:09 am

improper wrote:Craziest part of tonight was how over Sane was. The crowd was going nuts for her.

Her fire is amazing. It's great that Shayna is getting to work with her so frequently. She's going to have high expectations when working with babyfaces in the future, as she should.
improper
Lead Assistant

Post#30 » by improper » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:12 am

Stanford wrote:Her fire is amazing. It's great that Shayna is getting to work with her so frequently. She's going to have high expectations when working with babyfaces in the future, as she should.

Yeah, I think working with Kairi for the past year has molded Shayna from raw potential into one of the most talented female wrestlers in the business. She's improved immensely since coming to WWE in the Mae Young Classic. She was nowhere near this good the first time her and Kairi met.

Luckily for Shayna, her next challenger might be Io Shirai, who is regarded as even better than Kairi.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#31 » by Stanford » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:16 am

Io seems like more of a tweener to me. I'm very interested to see what kind of program they come up with.
improper
Lead Assistant

Post#32 » by improper » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:29 am

Stanford wrote:Io seems like more of a tweener to me. I'm very interested to see what kind of program they come up with.

Yeah, she's more Asuka than Kairi, but she'll still be another elite worker for Shayna to pair with.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#33 » by Stanford » Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:34 am

I missed about five minutes of the title match, so I switched to the Sixers game instead.

Just finished watching it now. Wow! So many great near falls. Was really a main roster style match.

Velvateen still need to be led by masters like Ciampa, but holy ****, the things he's good at, hes really good at. In ten years I believe we will be talking about him as the best in the world.
improper
Lead Assistant

Post#34 » by improper » Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:54 am

Yeah, Dream is still a bit sloppy at times, but he makes up for it with his presence. He's a star.
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#35 » by Spens1 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:38 am

So is a home grown wrestler ever winning the NXT title? Fair enough though because lets be real, Gargano vs Ciampa at Mania will be the main eventer.
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#36 » by Spens1 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:43 am

tugs wrote:Wtf was that a reverse 450?!

Double Moonsault, he is the only wrestler to date that has ever been able to pull it off as far as i know also.
tugs
RealGM

Post#37 » by tugs » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:20 am

Spens1 wrote:
tugs wrote:Wtf was that a reverse 450?!

Double Moonsault, he is the only wrestler to date that has ever been able to pull it off as far as i know also.
Was really struggling recalling "moonsault". Thanks man.

Wow Ricochet. Amazing.
tugs
RealGM

Post#38 » by tugs » Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:08 pm

And I never thought I'll get behind the Bruiserweight character, much more as a face but Dunn is killing it.
bestnamezRtaken
Senior
And1: 349

Post#39 » by bestnamezRtaken » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:50 pm

Great event, I know the NXT crowd is always hot during takeovers, no difference during the event, they were great. I don't know much about Riddle other than one of his last matches on the Indies was against a friend of mine but he seems pretty hot with the crowd already.

Kairi v Shayna was great. Like everyone said tho, that match needed another 5 minutes or so. But working with Kairi this last year has done f*cking wonders for Shayna because she's improved so much. I feel if Ronda did the same, she'd be improving at a much higher rate, I still can't buy into Ronda as champ. They missed the opportunity to pair up the MMA 4HW in NXT, they could of owned the women's division as heels. But Shayna and her crew is doing okay right now without Ronda. I feel like her two lackies are very very raw tho, I haven't seen much of them... Can anyone confirm how they are in the ring? But a heart breaking loss for Kairi tho but the shaynanigans was just too much for Kairi and Dakota and Io were too late to make a difference. Shayna makes a great champ.

Black v Garg was another great match. Those two have great chemistry in the ring and if I hadn't gotten the match spoiled before watching, I legit would have thought Johnny was going to win. The match told a great story, Garg is so good in the ring and he's great at telling that story and really connection with the crowd, even on a heel level. I like that he truly feels like he's the good guy still that has had to do whatever it takes to get to his goal. Black is fantastic in the ring and very humble too if that even makes sense, lol. Like, you can tell he treats his wrestling matches with respect. It seems like Garg can feud with just about anyone and put on an amazing show. The pre match video packages also for the entire night, freaking spot on. They were great and it really helped to catch me up a little bit. This might have been my favorite match.... Not sure tho.

The NXT title match was amazing as well. Can't say enough about Dream, he's the total package and with some more time in NXT, he'll be jaw dropping. You can see that he still can't lead a match but that'll come with time, he's still very young. Chiampa is just great at his craft, his character is awesome... This dude that's incredible obsessed with the NXT title and will do everything he can to keep it on himself is great story telling. When did he get theme music tho? I liked that he came out to silence, that was cool as sh*t. Another great match but not as good as Garg v Black imo. Very close tho.

War Games was awesome, it told an amazing story. Tho I am disappointed with the outcome of the match and felt UE should have won again. They're supposed to be this super tight group that knows each other very well going against 4 guys who aren't a team other than the WR. Bad call in my opinion, they need to keep that momentum going strong no matter what, to really get them off as a dominate stable, they should be able to handle a group of people who don't ride together like they do. Great match, amazing spots, Ricochet is insane, dude is so fun to watch. That double moonsault off the cage, wow. Jaw dropping. I heard Fish got inured again and had to be walked off with help. Could have been riding on pure adrenaline during the match but hopefully he's okay. It was to his knee too, so that's scary. But great match tho, a lot of fun to watch, they were all great, only complaint was that UE should have won but that's okay.

Match of the night for be was Garg v Black... Crazy because I already knew who was going to win too.
Kobe Bryant was asked who he feels is the toughest opponent to guard in the NBA. Instead of picking OKC's Kevin Durant, Bryant went with Portland’s Brandon Roy.

"Roy 365 days, seven days a week. Roy has no weaknesses in his game."
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,549

Post#40 » by Dominator83 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:50 pm

improper wrote:Make that two MOTY candidates.

Along with the dozen or so other great takeover matches of 2018
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !

Return to Pro Wrestling