Nick Gage vs David Arquette

Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Nick Gage vs David Arquette 

Post#1 » by Spens1 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:31 pm

This deserves its own thread because good god, David Arquette doing death matches in 2018, Gage being dense and shooting on him and then talking crap, then Arquette coming back out, hole in his neck and then shooting on Gage.

This was the craziest thing i've seen in ages.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Re: Nick Gage vs David Arquette 

Post#2 » by Ruzious » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:45 pm

Sorry, but that's a totally worthless garbage match, and Arquette gets up right after he's pinned. Kudo's for bleeding? Seriously? Lame.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,275

Post#3 » by jakecronus8 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:38 pm

Hardcore wrestling is for marks that can't figure out how to wrestle. Hard pass.
Do it for Chuck
Spens1
RealGM

Post#4 » by Spens1 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:33 am

It was stupid, sure but it still was rather nuts (note: i didn't actually watch the match, just the clip of the end and Arquette coming out and trying to shoot on Gage, then Gage forcefully pinning him).
Spens1
RealGM

Post#5 » by Spens1 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:34 am

jakecronus8 wrote:Hardcore wrestling is for marks that can't figure out how to wrestle. Hard pass.

Harcore wrestling is fine, hardcore wrestling is basically a lot like ECW and even Lucha Underground to an extent and what WWE did in the attitude era with no DQ matches.

This was straight up death match wrestling (i.e. more Big Japan or CZW style).
improper
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,405

Post#6 » by improper » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:20 am

Spens1 wrote:This was straight up death match wrestling (i.e. more Big Japan or CZW style).

Yeah, I feel like good hardcore wrestling can be used to enhance feuds and make their finales have a bigger impact. Not every feud should have them, but when it works it can be a thing of beauty, like Triple H vs Cactus Jack at that one Royal Rumble. Perfect use of a hardcore / street fight stipulation.

You just need wrestlers who know how to step it up and do a hardcore match right. That Hell of War match from last year's Lucha Underground finale is a good example. That match was violent as hell, but it fit the story they were telling and the spots were all very well done.

The Arquette thing was just sloppy death match BS.
bestnamezRtaken
Senior
And1: 349

Post#7 » by bestnamezRtaken » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:33 pm

Wrestling like this is just really bad wrestling. No interest in it. That's why I don't care for Dean Ambrose's indie crap as Jon Moxley.
Kobe Bryant was asked who he feels is the toughest opponent to guard in the NBA. Instead of picking OKC's Kevin Durant, Bryant went with Portland’s Brandon Roy.

"Roy 365 days, seven days a week. Roy has no weaknesses in his game."
Spens1
RealGM

Post#8 » by Spens1 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:50 am

bestnamezRtaken wrote:Wrestling like this is just really bad wrestling. No interest in it. That's why I don't care for Dean Ambrose's indie crap as Jon Moxley.

Ring stuff aside, then you're missing out on some of the best character work over the last decade and a bit. the Jon Moxley character was an absolute masterpiece in terms of work (like if you think current Dean is brilliant, watch a Jon Moxley promo, him and Callihan for that matter were really good for that).

Return to Pro Wrestling