Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,666

Re: All Elite Wrestling - Discussion 

Post#1681 » by Texas Chuck » Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:36 pm

FNQ wrote:
But isn't that a bit insulting to the viewer?t

Of course. This is Vince.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,923

Post#1682 » by tugs » Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:32 am

Texas Chuck wrote:
FNQ wrote:

Oh man, if you've been away for 20 years and you find the angles and storylines insulting with that particular feud, I suggest stay away from Raw and SD and watch NXT and AEW instead
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Post#1683 » by FNQ » Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:35 pm

tugs wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:
FNQ wrote:

Oh man, if you've been away for 20 years and you find the angles and storylines insulting with that particular feud, I suggest stay away from Raw and SD and watch NXT and AEW instead

:lol: Its not been an easy transition, that's for sure. I found out chair headshots are gone (GOOD!) but that WWE went entirely PG (ugh).

But what's really interesting to me, and why I'm getting into it, is because if the WWE stays primarily PG, they have to win on production value, mic talent, actual wrestling, and storylines. Which is why they were losing back in the WCW days, but then switched over to the ECW style that was becoming wildly popular, and won that way. But now, if AEW does start beating them, I'm not sure how they recover. The production value for match intros is amazing, but they cut the camera a million times in a match which sucks. They have some people with mic talent, but I hear its mostly strictly scripted now, and that sucks too. I find myself enjoying AEW matches more, but neither company really has compelling storylines aside from the Roman/Brock thing, which is now on ice.

But thankfully I've got two relative getting me up to speed and they are huge fans, one more so of WWE and one more so of AEW. It's been great getting the context from those two, has helped me understand what I'm seeing
tugs
RealGM

Post#1684 » by tugs » Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:42 pm

I don't understand the alliance between Andrade and Black
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,804

Post#1685 » by Stanford » Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:44 pm

tugs wrote:I don't understand the alliance between Andrade and Black

They both came from a great big organization up north, brother.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#1686 » by Ruzious » Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:30 pm

Stanford wrote:

And they both have a significant other in that organization that is sometimes called the queen.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Texas Chuck
And1: 88,666

Post#1687 » by Texas Chuck » Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:36 pm

I think Black's character makes much more sense as a loner too. But AEW is about factions so.... Do they have any stars who just stand alone?
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,534

Post#1688 » by Dominator83 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:07 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:

I think Black's character makes much more sense as a loner too. But AEW is about factions so.... Do they have any stars who just stand alone?

CM Punk
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
Dominator83
RealGM

Post#1689 » by Dominator83 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:37 pm

And not sure if he's considered "star" status at this moment, but Brian Cage is now a stand alone guy

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
Dominator83
RealGM

Post#1690 » by Dominator83 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:39 pm

Amare_1_Knicks wrote:The OC/Hobbs match was upsetting. Just what the actual **** having OC go over Hobbs. An injured, and compromised Cassidy beats Powerhouse Hobbs. I will never understand.

On the surface I totally agree. Didn't see the match though. Was it atleast more of the fluke pin variety? Where he didn't actually beat up Hobbs but got lucky on a roll up or something?

Amare_1_Knicks
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,290

Post#1691 » by Amare_1_Knicks » Fri Oct 29, 2021 12:51 am

Dominater wrote:
Amare_1_Knicks wrote:The OC/Hobbs match was upsetting. Just what the actual **** having OC go over Hobbs. An injured, and compromised Cassidy beats Powerhouse Hobbs. I will never understand.

On the surface I totally agree. Didn't see the match though. Was it atleast more of the fluke pin variety? Where he didn't actually beat up Hobbs but got lucky on a roll up or something?

Hobbs had something of an out. He got frustrated with the ref, turned his back and then got rolled up. It didn’t look great, but yeah.

Last night’s main event was awful. Can’t believe TK puts out main events like that. Dark Order vs the Elite wearing silly costumes/ghostbuster outfits? I skimmed the match but it looked like there was ‘comedy’ aplenty and mayhem because it was a typical AEW tag match, so no thanks. Adam Page had a quality baby face promo last week, and a huge pop the week before, so what do we do this week? Have him come out of a Michelin man costume or some bull. Lol okay.

I hate to be that guy, but I see stuff like that, and I want to see TK fail a little, so that he can stop putting stuff like that on TV — much less in the main event.
tugs
RealGM

Post#1692 » by tugs » Fri Oct 29, 2021 4:13 am

Ruzious wrote:
Stanford wrote:

And they both have a significant other in that organization that is sometimes called the queen.

You guys

Isn't it great though that Zelina, Malakai, Andrade, and soon the cousins Angel and Humberto are getting their well deserved spotlights?

Texas Chuck wrote:

A dark stable for sure but Black as the recruiter. I thought we'd see him with Murphy. Having him randomly attacking PAC during Andrade's match was puzzling

Oh stand alone. Bryan Danielson

Amare_1_Knicks wrote:
Dominater wrote:

Hobbs had something of an out. He got frustrated with the ref, turned his back and then got rolled up. It didn’t look great, but yeah.

Last night’s main event was awful. Can’t believe TK puts out main events like that. Dark Order vs the Elite wearing silly costumes/ghostbuster outfits? I skimmed the match but it looked like there was ‘comedy’ aplenty and mayhem because it was a typical AEW tag match, so no thanks. Adam Page had a quality baby face promo last week, and a huge pop the week before, so what do we do this week? Have him come out of a Michelin man costume or some bull. Lol okay.

I hate to be that guy, but I see stuff like that, and I want to see TK fail a little, so that he can stop putting stuff like that on TV — much less in the main event.

It's something The Elite would do so I'm not surprised. Too much with the gear though
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#1693 » by bondom34 » Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:17 am

tugs wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:

A dark stable for sure but Black as the recruiter. I thought we'd see him with Murphy. Having him randomly attacking PAC during Andrade's match was puzzling

Oh stand alone. Bryan Danielson

Not sure if it ends up as anything, but after ROH dissolved.

Read on Twitter

Also think they won tag titles in the indies. PWG on google search.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
tugs
RealGM

Post#1694 » by tugs » Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:12 am

They did. Forbidden door has been kicked wide open
Amare_1_Knicks
Lead Assistant

Post#1695 » by Amare_1_Knicks » Sat Oct 30, 2021 9:03 am

Rampage was blech last night. Bryan and Kingston kicking it off was good. A nice long, hard hitting match. Right guy won too.

Martin and Sydal and then Baker and Abadon… hmm, it’s like they don’t want people to stick around.
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,029

Post#1696 » by daoneandonly » Tue Nov 2, 2021 5:34 pm

I agree wholeheartedly with those that say Black is better as a loner, if there's one guy who doesnt need a stable or friends, its him. I suppose the connection is Zelina, she managed one and is married to the other.
Scott Hall
RealGM
And1: 62,604

Post#1697 » by Scott Hall » Wed Nov 3, 2021 4:08 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#1698 » by WRau1 » Wed Nov 3, 2021 12:32 pm

Sucks for Mox but happy he's getting the help he needs. IIRC, this is the 2nd time he's checked himself in, really hope he can get right for himself and now his daughter & wife.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
tugs
RealGM

Post#1699 » by tugs » Wed Nov 3, 2021 1:14 pm

Oh wow first time hearing Jon had alcohol issues. Hope this won't end in a Jeff-like situation

Wonder who the finals will be now
Amare_1_Knicks
Lead Assistant

Post#1700 » by Amare_1_Knicks » Fri Nov 5, 2021 10:07 am

Man, they’ve really bungled Punk so far. I was willing to be patient because his debut was so red hot on Rampage, but he hasn’t done much of anything in two+ months. I got a little excited on Wednesday when Jim Ross was setting it up: “We’re going to hear from CM Punk next and he’s not in a good mood and he has a lot to say!” But then I was a little underwhelmed because it looks like he’s doing a program with Eddie Kingston. Eh, okay. I like Eddie but he feels like a step down for Punk, especially if it’s going to be a PPV match.

Truthfully, AEW/TK brings guys in, and somehow they feel like afterthoughts on the show. Punk proved to be a needle mover, why not have him in something major right out the gate? Closing shows? IMO, his star cooled in the past two months.

Return to Pro Wrestling