All Elite Wrestling - Discussion

Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Re: All Elite Wrestling - Discussion 

Post#1741 » by WRau1 » Sat Dec 11, 2021 9:24 pm

I guess I didn't hear when Taz initially mentioned it but Action Bronson did Hook's theme. Really like that. One area AEW has been lacking in, and in turn makes them seem a little lesser than, is production and entrance themes. They've stepped it up on both ends a lot, lately.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,550

Post#1742 » by Dominator83 » Thu Dec 16, 2021 2:24 am

Now that was one hell of a match! I'm sure that many will complain about the time limit draw, but was still a great match. I guess Danielson is their go to guy for time limit draws between tonight and the Omega match several months back.

My only beef with these is they do it out of nowhere. Like when it starts winding down the ring announcer is supposed to announce "10 minutes remaining", "5 minutes remaining", etc. It makes the end more suspenseful. Bringing it out of nowhere sorta makes it a blander finish.
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#1743 » by bondom34 » Thu Dec 16, 2021 4:56 am

Dante Martin.

That's all. I'd watch him up against anyone, just incredibly entertaining.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1744 » by bondom34 » Thu Dec 16, 2021 4:57 am

And assuming this is legit, but hadn't heard Black's whole promo so missed it:

Read on Twitter
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Lord Eder
General Manager
And1: 16,625

Post#1745 » by Lord Eder » Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:24 pm

Dominater wrote:Now that was one hell of a match! I'm sure that many will complain about the time limit draw, but was still a great match. I guess Danielson is their go to guy for time limit draws between tonight and the Omega match several months back.

My only beef with these is they do it out of nowhere. Like when it starts winding down the ring announcer is supposed to announce "10 minutes remaining", "5 minutes remaining", etc. It makes the end more suspenseful. Bringing it out of nowhere sorta makes it a blander finish.

The ring announcer did announce the time was winding down. I heard it at 5 minutes then at 1 minute. It was kind of drowned out with the crowd noise though so I can see how you missed it.
"Jerome Moiso with 2 rebounds and a steal.... Put him in the hall of fame!"
- Chuck Swirsky
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,730

Post#1746 » by gambitx777 » Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:45 pm

I'll say this I see a lot of YouTubers fishing about this match and it was a pretty good match. But, man if that finish was in the WWE. The headlines would be "match of the years.....ruined" "hangman and Bryan wasted" "that finish.... What were they thinking".

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using RealGM mobile app
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#1747 » by WRau1 » Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:56 pm

We're finally getting the Malaki Black & Brody King stable that we we're supposed to get in the WWE. Wonder if they will throw a female into that group like the WWE was going to do w/ Shotzi, Ruby Soho would work. This is going to be awesome.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,523

Post#1748 » by Dr Positivity » Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:51 pm

Bryan vs Page was great, I kind of think though they should've pulled the trigger on Danielson winning in the 59th minute as an "oh sh*t" moment

Maybe they were forced into it cause of the match, but the Wardlow segment is actually what AEW needs to do more of, they got a lot across story wise in like 4 minutes
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,036

Post#1749 » by daoneandonly » Fri Dec 17, 2021 2:23 pm

bondom34 wrote:And assuming this is legit, but hadn't heard Black's whole promo so missed it:

Read on Twitter

Not familair with King, but the teaser was well done, especially for those in the know
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1750 » by bondom34 » Fri Dec 17, 2021 4:42 pm

daoneandonly wrote:
bondom34 wrote:And assuming this is legit, but hadn't heard Black's whole promo so missed it:

Read on Twitter

Not familair with King, but the teaser was well done, especially for those in the know

Agree after re-watching it and same tbh. Just know he's Black's tag partner on the indie circuit.
Dr Positivity
RealGM

Post#1751 » by Dr Positivity » Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:27 pm

Winter is Coming had no ratings bump from the usual week, a little disappointing for having title match
Dr Positivity
RealGM

Post#1752 » by Dr Positivity » Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:03 pm

People scoffed at bringing him in as Keith Lee's manager, but Is Adam Cole losing tag team matches to the BestFriends on Rampage that awesome? A year from now probably TNT champion. But not sure where from there like Miro.
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#1753 » by gambitx777 » Thu Dec 23, 2021 6:17 am

Dr Positivity wrote:People scoffed at bringing him in as Keith Lee's manager, but Is Adam Cole losing tag team matches to the BestFriends on Rampage that awesome? A year from now probably TNT champion. But not sure where from there like Miro.
The worst part of that is that was never actually pitched to Cole. That was just a report that it was internaly pitched if at all! Also yeah Cole at this point could be on raw mixing it up with big E. He's there because of his friends but the dream a lot of twitter has of him being AEW champ .... Look they are re treading the UE. They ran that put in NXT. I think AEW is going to show cracks sooner than later .

Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#1754 » by Ruzious » Thu Dec 23, 2021 2:40 pm

People need to understand AEW can't have all the newcomers competing for championships from day 1. Cole will get his championship opportunities. I think he's been very entertaining, and right now - they're working on establishing the Fish/O'Reilly vs Young Bucks issue that revolves around him and is a good thing.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Amare_1_Knicks
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,294

Post#1755 » by Amare_1_Knicks » Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:56 pm

I agree, for the most part, with the point made above. There’s only so much space and time for guys to do certain angles — and I think they’re going to find something significant to do with him and going forward (at some point) he’ll be one of their major players.

That being said, AEW has a track record of bringing guys in, in either underwhelming fashion, or just seemingly not knowing what to do with them altogether. See Miro. See Andrade. Punk’s caught his footing in a big way in the past month and change, but he looked to be stumbling for a moment which had a lot of people questioning — “what is he doing and what’re they doing with him?”

I think Cole will be fine, but coming in and immediately working with OC for this extended program wasn’t the way to go. Too much comedy. Too silly. It lessened his star to work with them for this length of time. His debut felt like a big deal but instead of taking that huge reaction he got, and choosing to lend it to a more major feud, he’s been working with comedy mid carders. So I guess I see it both ways; this stuff hasn’t been hot out the gate, but it’s picking up and I think he’ll be more than fine long term.
Dr Positivity
RealGM

Post#1756 » by Dr Positivity » Fri Dec 24, 2021 6:01 am

Cole vs Orange Cassidy was a match between two of their established guys instead of star vs less known guy, and I don't think it hurt OC to lose that much, especially when it was KOR interference. He got to show his solid wrestling talent with a quality opponent. I'd have more matches like that where the guy who's obviously going to lose is still a real established guy. I don't think it would hurt someone like Andrade if he challenged and faced Page in a non title match or something on a random Dynamite and lost. It still elevates him to get in a match in the first place with the champion. If they wanted to this could be a single Dynamite card:

Cole vs Orange Cassidy (KOR interference) - Cole, KOR and Fish vs Best Friends and OC is announced for later that night as fallout for interference (or you could protect the 6 man tag and just make it a 4 man tag for now or something)
Bryan vs Page promo
Guevara vs Rhodes TNT championship
Cole/KOR/Fish vs Best Friends and OC
Soho vs Nyla Rose
The Pinnacle vs Punk/Darby/Sting (main event)

This would not be that unusual for say a Raw card (and that's Raw which has plenty of problems). eg. they will have a card with a US title match, tag title match, women's contract signing, Edge returns, Owens vs Big E, Rollins vs Balor. However in this case it's spread out as Guevera vs Rhodes is the Rampage main event and the UE match is the next week Dynamite main event. If they were willing to have more random matches between two good guys they could fill up the lost spots well.
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,550

Post#1757 » by Dominator83 » Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:32 am

This Hook is awesome in the ring. They're really gonna need to turn him face because the crowd loves him
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#1758 » by gambitx777 » Thu Dec 30, 2021 1:07 am

Dominater wrote:This Hook is awesome in the ring. They're really gonna need to turn him face because the crowd loves him
Yeah the crowd loves this kid. I can't get over how he looks nothing like his dad lol. Like nothing at all!

tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,926

Post#1759 » by tugs » Thu Dec 30, 2021 11:36 am

Dominater wrote:This Hook is awesome in the ring. They're really gonna need to turn him face because the crowd loves him
Really interested to see him wrestle with different styles. Seems he can mesh really well with heavyweights, luchadors, strikers, submission experts, anyone!

And got teary eyed when ReDragon and Cole were all in the ring together, posing during the, "Adam Cole Bay Bay!"
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,926

Post#1760 » by tugs » Thu Dec 30, 2021 11:46 am

You'd want to watch this. Curious to see where they'll take that interaction

Return to Pro Wrestling