All Elite Wrestling - Discussion

Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Re: All Elite Wrestling - Discussion 

Post#801 » by Spens1 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:00 am

That ending for the Cody/Darby match, no excuses for a taping, they should have refilmed that, it looked terrible.
The_Brecht
Starter
And1: 903

Post#802 » by The_Brecht » Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:14 am

I liked the storytelling between Archer and Dustin, but the match should've been much shorter.
Darby vs Cody was cool, except the finish.

Jericho is what's keeping us together.
West-Flemish for behinners:

- Dust means thirsty.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#803 » by Ruzious » Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:15 pm

AEW's done a great job in these crazy times and has been much more watchable than NXT. The Bubbly Bunch segments have been a breath of fresh air and do a great job of getting so many people involved. Chris Jericho's ability to excel at any role is amazing.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,039

Post#804 » by daoneandonly » Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:52 pm

AEW is by far and away better than WWE. The talent scattered around as fans, the Bubbly Bunch, Jericho on commentary, Scorpio Sky videos, and the tournament have blown away anything WWE has done this year, probably even before the shelter in place.
AirCanadaMouse
Starter
And1: 1,857

Post#805 » by AirCanadaMouse » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:37 pm

Honestly no complaints from me, while nothing really stood out, there was nothing wrong either. Just a very solid show.

Full Thoughts from me:

- They're doing so well with these opening video packages. Cody forgot to sell the knee a few times and it even began using his knee in some of his moves, I didn't like that but once Darby focused on the knee again Cody kept selling it. I didn't like any of the Brandi spots, Cody looked like the ultimate heel because it really seemed like he shoved Darby into Brandi. And what was up with the water bottle spot? I didn't mind the finish, I rather liked it actually lol , had no idea who won at first.

- I really like Lance Archer. The **** old school moonsault off the rope.. this guy is 43?!?!? love the stiff but safe style he has.

- MJF video was another good one, made me laugh again.
- Scorpio Sky video was also good, glad he's getting more focus as a singles guy.
- Jericho is right, Wardlow looks like a GQ muscle mag star, this guy has main eventer written all over him.

- Bubbly Bunch continues to improve and get better, wasn't a fan of the first one but this Manitoba Melee was so fun. A lot of great mark out moments with some of the appearances.

- Best Friends vs. Havoc/Kip, decent match with some decent spots but the striking was REALLY sloppy. Chuck Taylor had an off night, he had a lot of mis steps throwing strikes and taking strikes. Lots of mishaps. I've been digging Havoc recently, glad he's getting used more.

- Britt Baker is SO GOOD as a heel,she's one of my favourite wrestlers currently. Hitting Cody with the shoe again and this role model stuff? brilliant.

- OMG I MARKED OUT SO HARD THAT THE SHARPSHOOTER GOT A FINISH. Love that Spears tweeted Bret about it too, LOVE LOVE LOVE!

- I honestly love seeing Marko get squashed hahaha.

- And of course, Jericho and Tony with another A+ effort on commentary, these two are a perfect fit and Jericho is just an amazing commentator. Haven't enjoyed a wrestler commentating this much since CM Punk's run in 2010.
Thank you Clutch0z24
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#806 » by bondom34 » Thu May 7, 2020 12:04 am

Outdoors, I kind of like it.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
JohnPferdelack
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,516

Post#807 » by JohnPferdelack » Thu May 7, 2020 1:37 am

Luke Harper/Brodie Lee vs. Dean Ambrose/Jon Moxley is incoming!
Amare_1_Knicks
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,295

Post#808 » by Amare_1_Knicks » Thu May 7, 2020 5:25 am

That was a great episode of Dynamite, I’m really looking forward to Double or Nothing.

The Rhodes/Janela match was alright. I just hate seeing Joey Janela on my screen; his mannerisms, facial expressions, weird body (for a wrestler) — it’s all just hard to watch. There were a few awkward spots/botched from Janela but Cody managed to make it halfway decent.

The Jake Roberts/Brandi segment after the Archer match was wild. I was so into it. Roberts is just masterful as a heel manager.

Moxley/Brodie should be interesting. I’m all for it. Also, one of the Dark Order cronies actually had a decent build and looked like a believable threat this week — they should keep him.

The main event was gold. So many crazy spots, all around entertaining.
Dubious Handles
Sixth Man
And1: 3,910

Post#809 » by Dubious Handles » Thu May 7, 2020 12:21 pm

MJF when he found out he's facing Jungle Boy in Double or Nothing was pure gold :lol:
AirCanadaMouse
Starter

Post#810 » by AirCanadaMouse » Thu May 7, 2020 1:50 pm

Amare_1_Knicks wrote:That was a great episode of Dynamite, I’m really looking forward to Double or Nothing.

The Rhodes/Janela match was alright. I just hate seeing Joey Janela on my screen; his mannerisms, facial expressions, weird body (for a wrestler) — it’s all just hard to watch. There were a few awkward spots/botched from Janela but Cody managed to make it halfway decent.

The Jake Roberts/Brandi segment after the Archer match was wild. I was so into it. Roberts is just masterful as a heel manager.

Moxley/Brodie should be interesting. I’m all for it. Also, one of the Dark Order cronies actually had a decent build and looked like a believable threat this week — they should keep him.

The main event was gold. So many crazy spots, all around entertaining.

That was Preston Vance, number 10. they even gave him a dark match yesterday and they gave him a backstory last week or so when Brodie was recruiting a former football player and asking how tall he was. They aren’t hiding the fact it’s him either because they even put up his twitter handle during his dark entrance. I like that.

He’s also 28 years old, great signing by aew. They’re finally getting proper looking wrestlers because I can do without the janella’s too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you Clutch0z24
The_Brecht
Starter
And1: 903

Post#811 » by The_Brecht » Thu May 7, 2020 5:05 pm

The main event saved this episode.
West-Flemish for behinners:

- Dust means thirsty.
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,926

Post#812 » by tugs » Fri May 8, 2020 12:42 am

AEW is so good defining storylines for each feuds and yet still has that opening for future encounters with other wrestlers/stables. Really really fresh approach yet maintaining the old school wrestling feel. Just A+ from top to bottom. Some thoughts:

- I'd take Britt as a role model over Bayley all day everyday and twice on Sundays

- Jake Roberts is a master. This man knows his craft and is untouchable. He'd be 100 yrs old and I'd still get chills. Archer is very fortunate. That Brandi segment was perfect

- No way Brodie loses right? This is the perfect heel to take the belt away from Mox and the perfect setup for a chase for redemption by an underdog

- EC3 and The Revolt together? WWE will be all eyes for sure
daoneandonly
RealGM

Post#813 » by daoneandonly » Fri May 8, 2020 12:50 pm

Sammy G running from the golf cart had me smiling all night
AirCanadaMouse
Starter

Post#814 » by AirCanadaMouse » Fri May 8, 2020 6:56 pm

That main event was so much fun, I was really excited about it all week, 3 legends and my favourite rising star! I had no idea it was a street fight until the graphic appeared during dynamite, which got me more excited. Allows Hardy/Jericho to do their thing.

I wasn’t enjoying Broken Matt Hardy until this, the changes in character during the match was the second most enjoyable part of the match aside from Sammy getting chased down. That bump looked crazy too. Also, Omega had a beautiful moonsault/spot, also liked Hager’s involvement all the way through.

I haven’t enjoyed a hardcore match like that since Raven/Big Show/Kane’s mania match at X7.

Other thoughts:
- Janella is just not for me. Too many stops where he was just waiting for Cody to do a move, looked really fake.

- I like these promos they do where the wrestler just hypes them self , especially the heel champ...it’s very old school. Glad to see Nyla back.

- MJF vs. Jungle Boy was thrown together but it could really work as a feud with two upcoming wrestlers the same age, as MJF cut a promo about being the real rising star since the other so called ones that fans talk about are nearing 30 (Darby, Sammy, Page, etc.).

- Im good with Brodie Lee vs. Moxley at DON, the dark order has been built up long before this pandemic, and with Brodie Lee and Preston Vance debuting, they are at their peak in terms of interest. Best time to capitalize.

- Jake went super heel, Just like the old jake the snake. Glad they had the video of Brandi before since it explained why Cody didn’t end up interfering. Idk Cody is becoming more heelish in subtle ways. Keeping an eye on him. Lol
Thank you Clutch0z24
AirCanadaMouse
Starter

Post#815 » by AirCanadaMouse » Fri May 8, 2020 6:57 pm

Also just re watched the match and before omega does the moonsault, Matt says “spot monkey, indulge in your addiction” .. that had me laughing too. Matt was a real star that match

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you Clutch0z24
Amare_1_Knicks
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,295

Post#816 » by Amare_1_Knicks » Thu May 14, 2020 1:26 am

So glad that Pineapple Pete/Jericho match wasn’t competitive. PP’s whole presentation just looks awful: skinny fat, generic gear, awkward mannerisms. Not a fan.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#817 » by bondom34 » Thu May 14, 2020 1:33 am

Didn't see Vanguard going down coming tbh. Should set up some interesting promos.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#818 » by bondom34 » Thu May 14, 2020 1:37 am

Tyson handing out the belt? Not bad, not bad at all.
daoneandonly
RealGM

Post#819 » by daoneandonly » Thu May 14, 2020 11:45 am

bondom34 wrote:Didn't see Vanguard going down coming tbh. Should set up some interesting promos.

Yea I was surprised as well. Does this mean a Vanguard 2? Possibilities galore. But AEW is putting on some entertaining television, Vince and co should take notes
JohnPferdelack
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,516

Post#820 » by JohnPferdelack » Sun May 17, 2020 6:54 pm

Is it possible that FYR will make his debut or there contractual obstacles?

Return to Pro Wrestling