All Elite Wrestling - Discussion

Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Re: All Elite Wrestling - Discussion 

Post#961 » by WRau1 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:02 am

All these former WWE guys popping up everywhere, all look to be in incredible shape.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
Amare_1_Knicks
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,291

Post#962 » by Amare_1_Knicks » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:02 am

WRau1 wrote:All these former WWE guys popping up everywhere, all look to be in incredible shape.

It really does suck that there are no fans there for when these guys debut. It makes it feel a little lackluster. Cardona's a good hand though. He at least has the optics of a professional wrestler.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#963 » by bondom34 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:08 am

Watched the first few matches earlier, finished now.

WARHORSE was really good, I'd definitely like to see him more.

I know they need a heel but for some reason MJF's actual in ring work I don't love, have a feeling he's going to win it too.

And that Ricky Starks spot was just oh man.....it was either the best or worst tack spot I can remember depending on how you look at it but man him taking that is just wild. These guys put their bodies through so much.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#964 » by Ruzious » Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:00 pm

Using a skateboard covered with tacks is garbage and doesn't belong on a wrestling show. And I still have no idea what AEW sees in Ricky Starks - other than he'll apparently do whatever they tell him to do.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,032

Post#965 » by daoneandonly » Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:40 pm

ANother solid episode of Dynamite.

The MJF promo was pure gold. This guy is a star

The Cody title defense was a solid match. The Hangman Page/FTR storyline with the Elite is advancing nicely. The WOmen's Tag Cup is interesting in theory, just not sure they have the depth to pull it off.
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#966 » by Spens1 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:03 am

Marcus wrote:
Spens1 wrote:
Scott Hall wrote:
Read on Twitter

Without clicking on it i'm going to hazard a guess.

it was earlyish PWG and it was some program involving Human Tornado.

Classic PWG character btw.

I enjoyed Tornado's work honestly, shame he came around too early to enjoy the real indy resurgence or even early to mid 2010 PWG, i think he would have done well with the likes of GCW around as well.
Spens1
RealGM

Post#967 » by Spens1 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:10 am

Warhorse is hillarious :lol: but he's also pretty damn good.

With OC in the company and now Warhorse challenging, all we need now is Danhausen to challenge (also give me a Danhausen-Chucky T exchange with Chucky swearing as well please, thanks tony).

Surprised Cardona went to AEW but lets see if he can live up to potential now. Does he form a faction with Cody or enter a feud with him and go after the TNT title?
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,923

Post#968 » by tugs » Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:20 am

No love for MJF?

And Cardona's jacked man
AirCanadaMouse
Starter
And1: 1,857

All Elite Wrestling - Discussion 

Post#969 » by AirCanadaMouse » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:09 am

Finally got to see this episode, was hard for me to find the time to do so...

The stand out segment was MJF’s promo. It’s not hyperbole to say he’s one of my favourite heels of all time, he says what’s on my mind, they had to cut his promo off but I would’ve been happy to see it continue, he’s that good. I’m not really a guy that’s into matches tbh, I like promos, characters, and storylines... he’s my kind of heel.

And I hope he beats Mox now too. It has to be an AEW guy, it’s now or wait for Omega and his heel run.

Other thoughts:
- 10 man opener was really sloppy, but Matt vs. Sammy could be a nice feud to put Sammy over.

- I think it would’ve been cooler to have Cardona debut against Cody in the open challenge, and doing it as his friend just makes it more interesting because this debut was a bit underwhelming although I like the signing.

- main event didn’t have enough time to properly get going, I could do without thumbtacks. Not my type of thing.

Oh yeah... I could do without Arianny on the roster, but I do like this concept of the draw/tournament

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you Clutch0z24
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#970 » by bondom34 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:20 pm

Spens1 wrote:Warhorse is hillarious :lol: but he's also pretty damn good.

With OC in the company and now Warhorse challenging, all we need now is Danhausen to challenge (also give me a Danhausen-Chucky T exchange with Chucky swearing as well please, thanks tony).

Surprised Cardona went to AEW but lets see if he can live up to potential now. Does he form a faction with Cody or enter a feud with him and go after the TNT title?

I'm glad I'm not the only one here who really wants a Danhausen appearance on AEW.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#971 » by bondom34 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:04 pm

Read on Twitter

Kingston signed. I like it.
JohnPferdelack
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,516

Post#972 » by JohnPferdelack » Sat Aug 1, 2020 2:25 am

Spoiler:
Next week we will see Eric B is in da house.
AirCanadaMouse
Starter
And1: 1,857

Post#973 » by AirCanadaMouse » Sun Aug 2, 2020 5:01 am

JohnPferdelack wrote:Spoiler:
Next week we will see Eric B is in da house.

Man wtf.... this is so not cool!!!

You didn’t even post it as a warning where you can blur it. Or even space it out. What kind of warning is that?

I came into the thread because I read all the new posts. I’m someone who got back to wrestling so I’m not active on dirt sheets or anything, I just watch every week with no clue on stuff like this.

Can we please have no spoilers? Or at least have proper warning on the posts. This just ruined a lot for me.

Can’t be a heel about that kind of stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you Clutch0z24
Spens1
RealGM

Post#974 » by Spens1 » Mon Aug 3, 2020 4:24 am

bondom34 wrote:

I'm glad I'm not the only one here who really wants a Danhausen appearance on AEW.

Think Danhausen could produce some absolute comedy gold at the lower end of the card, plus he ain't that bad of a worker either.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#975 » by bondom34 » Mon Aug 3, 2020 4:27 am

Spens1 wrote:
bondom34 wrote:

Think Danhausen could produce some absolute comedy gold at the lower end of the card, plus he ain't that bad of a worker either.

For sure, I've been kind of wanting him and OC to team up, not sure if you follow him on Twitter but they've done some promos.

Read on Twitter

One thing I love about wrestling is that it has elements where a sense of humor fits in perfectly and his character development is really good. I've also really liked some of his matches from YouTube.
Amare_1_Knicks
Lead Assistant

Post#976 » by Amare_1_Knicks » Thu Aug 6, 2020 4:49 am

Solid episode of Dynamite.

Eric Bischoff appearing was kind of a surprise. I heard some rumblings that he may be there, but you never know. It was an okay segment, but kind of corny at the same time. Why was Bischoff mediating a ‘debate’ between OC and Jericho? The premise of the segment didn’t make sense, and then it had this hokey, comedic tone to it that was a little off-putting. Not everything needs to be a joke.

Darby vs Moxley was solid. Nothing special as a match, but I liked how they presented it. They didn’t have Darby be too game/competitive with Mox, and I thought that was the right way to go.

Dark Order seemed like they were everywhere on this show and I just was not feeling it.

We all know what to expect with Cardona/Ryder. He’s a solid hand that looks like a wrestler.

Sidebar: I feel like Jake the Snake/Archer are never on Dynamite. They were my favorite part of the show for weeks leading up to the TNT title bout with Cody. They should be appearing in some capacity on TV every week.
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,536

Post#977 » by Dominator83 » Sat Aug 8, 2020 5:55 am

Amare_1_Knicks wrote:Solid episode of Dynamite.

Eric Bischoff appearing was kind of a surprise. I heard some rumblings that he may be there, but you never know. It was an okay segment, but kind of corny at the same time. Why was Bischoff mediating a ‘debate’ between OC and Jericho? The premise of the segment didn’t make sense, and then it had this hokey, comedic tone to it that was a little off-putting. Not everything needs to be a joke.

Darby vs Moxley was solid. Nothing special as a match, but I liked how they presented it. They didn’t have Darby be too game/competitive with Mox, and I thought that was the right way to go.

Dark Order seemed like they were everywhere on this show and I just was not feeling it.

We all know what to expect with Cardona/Ryder. He’s a solid hand that looks like a wrestler.

Sidebar: I feel like Jake the Snake/Archer are never on Dynamite. They were my favorite part of the show for weeks leading up to the TNT title bout with Cody. They should be appearing in some capacity on TV every week.

Yea Cody pretty much did a 2002-2003 HHH on Archer. Took a hot guy and killed his momentum completely
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
Amare_1_Knicks
Lead Assistant

Post#978 » by Amare_1_Knicks » Sat Aug 8, 2020 2:43 pm

Dominater wrote:Yea Cody pretty much did a 2002-2003 HHH on Archer. Took a hot guy and killed his momentum completely

You know, I’m not mad that Cody went over Archer in that match. Up until that point it seemed like Cody was always losing the big one (namely against Jericho and MJF). I do think Cody is the better talent as well.

I’m just not a fan of how they’ve presented Archer since that feud. Cody going over didn’t do irreparable damage to his character but it feels like Archer just hasn’t been doing much of anything in the last month or so.

I saw this report that AEW officials don’t want to give their guys the ‘Drew McIntyre push,’ meaning they don’t want to have big moments take place with no fans present. So maybe that’s why it feels like nothings been going on with him (or some other guys on the roster).
Spens1
RealGM

Post#979 » by Spens1 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:16 pm

Amare_1_Knicks wrote:
Dominater wrote:Yea Cody pretty much did a 2002-2003 HHH on Archer. Took a hot guy and killed his momentum completely

You know, I’m not mad that Cody went over Archer in that match. Up until that point it seemed like Cody was always losing the big one (namely against Jericho and MJF). I do think Cody is the better talent as well.

I’m just not a fan of how they’ve presented Archer since that feud. Cody going over didn’t do irreparable damage to his character but it feels like Archer just hasn’t been doing much of anything in the last month or so.

I saw this report that AEW officials don’t want to give their guys the ‘Drew McIntyre push,’ meaning they don’t want to have big moments take place with no fans present. So maybe that’s why it feels like nothings been going on with him (or some other guys on the roster).

I actually think even that's questionable. now granted i'm basing this more off both of their new japan runs but Archer was the far better U.S Champion. Cody had probably the worst run with that belt out of all the champs thus far, plus his run was just downright bad with them and Archer actually was a fairly decent champ and had an excellent year last year.

Granted you can say that's style but even in terms of matches and just quality of program, other than the MJF feud and feud with his brother, if their isn't real personal stakes, there is nothing really that personally draws you towards Cody (at least that's how I feel). Yet Archer is this awesome, agile monster who legit feels like one.
JohnPferdelack
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,516

Post#980 » by JohnPferdelack » Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:44 am

Mike Chioda is now AEW!

Return to Pro Wrestling