WWE Raw Discussion III

Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

iMoreland
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,945

Re: WWE Raw Discussion III 

Post#1741 » by iMoreland » Wed Aug 4, 2021 6:11 am

Raw needs the US title to be a more featured part of the show. Give me guys like KO, Sami, AJ, Finn, Lee, Riddle, Cesaro, etc having 20 minute matches with each other every week.
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,923

Post#1742 » by tugs » Wed Aug 4, 2021 7:17 am

iMoreland wrote:Raw needs the US title to be a more featured part of the show. Give me guys like KO, Sami, AJ, Finn, Lee, Riddle, Cesaro, etc having 20 minute matches with each other every week.
Funny thing is they know how to execute it, problem is it's the wrong title. Happy they're featuring the 24/7 (or more Reginald), but at least it means something now

Hope they go the same route with the US and IC titles. The latter most especially since Apollo hasn't been hot lately. US could stay with Sheamus longer for being a good soldier
Amare_1_Knicks
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,290

Post#1743 » by Amare_1_Knicks » Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:39 am

Tuned in for at least the start of 4 different segments; Hardy vs Kross, Bliss vs Deudrop, Shemaus vs Ricochet and Morris vs Priest, and thought to myself “this is practically a re-run.” The WWE has this terrible habit of overdoing it with rematches.
The_Brecht
Starter
And1: 903

Post#1744 » by The_Brecht » Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:14 am

Randy clearly enjoyed that episode.
Tbf, this thing with Riddle is very good imo.
West-Flemish for behinners:

- Dust means thirsty.
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,536

Post#1745 » by Dominator83 » Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:35 am

The_Brecht wrote:Randy clearly enjoyed that episode.

Yea it looks like he legit had a lot of fun with that segment.
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
Flames24Rulz
Head Coach
And1: 343

Post#1746 » by Flames24Rulz » Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:19 pm

The_Brecht wrote:Randy clearly enjoyed that episode.

That, along with the MVP promo were probably the only good parts of the show. Sheamus-Ricochet was decent too, and hey, an actual clean finish on TV!
Scott Hall
RealGM
And1: 62,604

Post#1747 » by Scott Hall » Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:04 am

Amare_1_Knicks wrote:Tuned in for at least the start of 4 different segments; Hardy vs Kross, Bliss vs Deudrop, Shemaus vs Ricochet and Morris vs Priest, and thought to myself “this is practically a re-run.” The WWE has this terrible habit of overdoing it with rematches.

Yup and this is a problem with having the brand split and Vince going senile... to be honest I just listen to RAW now
while I multi task I might take a peak at the screen every so often for a few seconds and then go back to whatever
I'm doing I might as well be listening to the radio at this point.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Post#1748 » by Marcus » Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:35 am

Read on Twitter
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,687

Post#1749 » by Texas Chuck » Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:00 pm

Great US title 3-way match and props to them for being willing to have Drew take the pin when we all expected it to be Seamus. Hopefully this is the start of something better for all 3 of those guys. Drew needs to stay in main event programs and the other 2 should be at the top of the mid-card.

Literally everything else absolutely sucked. That Charlotte/Jax match was the worst Charlotte match I've ever seen. It was like Charlotte was concussed/drunk or something. I have no issues with them trying to establish Jax as a huge monster and going over, but that match was awful.

Omos needs to go. His singles matches are Khali level bad. And Morrison was botching everywhere trying to work with him. This feels like such a waste of AJ Styles saddling him with this program.

But just brutally bad matches up and down the card, no interesting angles to speak of. USA has to be furious with the crap they are left with right now.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
tugs
RealGM

Post#1750 » by tugs » Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:59 pm

What I like about RAW though was the entanglement of multiple characters opening up potential future storylines. The opening segment was an example, although a bit over the top.

Agree with the US Title Match. What a rub for Priest and a great way to keep Sheamus strong. Drew didn't look weak there.

Man, I was cringing watching Omos and Morrison. Dude at least has those intimidating screams but if you can't keep up with your partner in the ring, everything looks bad. Botches everywhere.

Surprised with the direction with Flair and Jax. Just happy Shayna got TV time.

And my oh my. I was being patient with Kross but they are ruining him with the weekly gear change. And where the F is Scarlett?!
ACMFFL
Senior
And1: 567

Post#1751 » by ACMFFL » Wed Sep 1, 2021 12:16 am

I understand why Charlotte was so upset, that slam on her was pretty unsafe.
"All dreams are crazy until they come true."
Amare_1_Knicks
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,290

Post#1752 » by Amare_1_Knicks » Wed Sep 1, 2021 1:35 pm

I like Damian Priest. He has great size, a good look, sounds like a grown man when he speaks and seems to be a decent promo. But at the same time he’s been presented in such a boring way. He’s a guy the fans could get behind but it takes more than just pinning a marquee player. We need to see some attitude and edge and personality to this guy. He’s been presented as “Smiley Face No. 261.”
tugs
RealGM

Post#1753 » by tugs » Wed Sep 1, 2021 1:44 pm

Dude is also popular with the ladies. Agree that his promos have been to "smiley" for me as well, but we've seen his serious deliveries and they're on point as well
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#1754 » by Ruzious » Wed Sep 1, 2021 10:30 pm

ACMFFL wrote:I understand why Charlotte was so upset, that slam on her was pretty unsafe.

There were some really sloppy moments in that match - though i didn't notice anything particularly unsafe. And it looked like they got it together in the 2nd half of the match. I'm guessing they'll have a series of matches together, and it'll be interesting to see if they can improve their chemistry against each other. They seem to be pushing Jax ahead of Baszler.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
ACMFFL
Senior
And1: 567

Post#1755 » by ACMFFL » Thu Sep 2, 2021 6:30 am

Ruzious wrote:
ACMFFL wrote:I understand why Charlotte was so upset, that slam on her was pretty unsafe.

There were some really sloppy moments in that match - though i didn't notice anything particularly unsafe. And it looked like they got it together in the 2nd half of the match. I'm guessing they'll have a series of matches together, and it'll be interesting to see if they can improve their chemistry against each other. They seem to be pushing Jax ahead of Baszler.

Read on Twitter
?
"All dreams are crazy until they come true."
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#1756 » by WRau1 » Thu Sep 2, 2021 1:18 pm

I get that she is the Rock's cousin and everything but Jax has no business inside a wrestling ring at this point, how many more people is she going to hurt? I can't remember a more unsafe worker that got to stick around as long she has.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
tugs
RealGM

Post#1757 » by tugs » Thu Sep 2, 2021 3:25 pm

Problem with Nia now is it seems she is deliberately performing a stiff style with no regard for safety. Before it's a bit of a pass considering she's green and too aggressive. Right now, it's just plain scary
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,273

Post#1758 » by jakecronus8 » Fri Sep 3, 2021 2:07 pm

My theory is Charlotte is being punished for Ric leaving and they told Nia to eat her up before making her lose clean. Nia is just so terrible that she couldn’t even do that correctly
Do it for Chuck
Texas Chuck
And1: 88,687

Post#1759 » by Texas Chuck » Fri Sep 3, 2021 5:22 pm

jakecronus8 wrote:My theory is Charlotte is being punished for Ric leaving and they told Nia to eat her up before making her lose clean. Nia is just so terrible that she couldn’t even do that correctly

That would be incredibly stupid to do to one of their most valuable talents who shouldn't have to carry her dad's weight.

I think Jax just sucks and that match went downhill fast because Charlotte was clearly pissed about how Jax was working the match.

I'm no fan of Charlotte, but she's too good to put into a program like this with a woman this reckless who nobody cares about. Just use Tamina if you want a temporary monster angle for Charlotte before the inevitable Becky program.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,273

Post#1760 » by jakecronus8 » Tue Sep 7, 2021 3:01 am

New Day’s Outsiders ring attire is the bees knees.

Also, I really like Mansoor.
Do it for Chuck

Return to Pro Wrestling