WWE Raw Discussion III

Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,926

Re: WWE Raw Discussion III 

Post#1361 » by tugs » Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:28 am

Ruzious wrote:Ron did more talking last night - giving advice like an elder statesman - than he has in the last decade combined...

Damn!

Ya know who looked really good was Mustafa. The difference between his athleticism vs MVP's was palpable - MVP is ridiculously slow at this point in his career. Benjamin looked a bit slower than usual - not sure if that's because he's asked to be more deliberate as part of a heel group that's much bigger than their opponents. I always wanted to see him and Morrison team up because of their in-ring athleticism - now, I don't know - and obviously they don't shine on the mic. One who I thought did shine on the mic was Bianca. It'll be interesting if she and Ruby can be an effective team.

Saw one YT comment and I agree. Ricochet ruined that moment when he introduced Ali prior to his music playing. He did look good though. Hoping he wouldn't be integrated too much in this storyline since I want the heel stable and him to shine separately and going on top. Can't have that with them both feuding. And oh, Ricochet is a bit too exaggerated with his expressions. Dude's gotta work on his nuances.

If the Street Profits aren't too entertaining to be faces, I'd like them to be included in MVP's stable.

EDIT: Forgot they are called, "The Hurt Business"
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#1362 » by Spens1 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:04 pm

I know, obsessions with ratings and all but this ain't a joke anymore, its downright worrying.

V1 | D1: 1.740M [17th] | 0.510D [3rd]
V2 | D2: 1.609M [19th] | 0.450D [6th]
V3 | D3: 1.535M [21st] | 0.420D [7th]

3V | 3D: 1.628M | 0.460D

This is better than last week (which was about 1.5 mill) but this is still TNA on Spike numbers. With Smackdown getting 1.8ish mill as well, pandemic or not, this is pretty damn catostrophic and honestly. they only have themselves to blame given how bad both shows are in comparison to Impact, NXT and AEW week to week. Not to mention this was the night after extreme rules which should have had a way bigger ratings bump for people curious after the PPV in theory.

The main draw this week was Randy Orton vs Big Show, in 2020 and they promoted it for weeks. I'm sorry to say this but Orton vs Big Show isn't drawing anyone other than those who are already watching WWE and have for the past 20 years, neither are the rock, stone cold, jericho, hhh, taker, angle or any of the biggest stars of the attitude era as well and even that ratings bump is minimal. Here's a novel idea, build your show around your champ and give him good storylines (actual storylines i mean) and not have the same people wrestle each other over and over again for months at a time.

I mean this is without any football and we've seen two of the worst weeks rating wise in the company's history. I'm actually worried that usa won't renew after this (for smackdown, they may put it on Fox Sports 1 with those ratings lets be real) if not outright cancel instead. They need to get it together (and by they, I mean Vince, he needs to step away from basically all creative decision making and they need to hire actual proper writers and wrestling people and agents to not just construct the matches, but the actual storylines around it) or else. Sure, they're not going to die but that doesn't mean that they're not at risk of losing a whole lot as well, the company has not had stability this year (got rid of their two longest non-mcmahon family serving executives, including Dunn for one, they can't tour saudi for at least a year cause of COVID so no money injection).

I can't believe i'm actually saying this (because i really loathe to have him back personally) but they may need Lesnar back for a (non-title) program, or at least have Lesnar put over McIntyre or Strowman well for Summerslam and have either one look insanely strong. He's about the only one not named John Cena who is somewhat protected at this point.

Also as dire as WWE is to watch without a crowd (as is all wrestling, the crowd and its reaction truly is worth at least 1/3rd of a match and the show, its why people hate shows in Corpus Cristi after all), will people even come back afterwards.
Spens1
RealGM

Post#1363 » by Spens1 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:08 pm

tugs wrote:
Ruzious wrote:Ron did more talking last night - giving advice like an elder statesman - than he has in the last decade combined...

Damn!

Ya know who looked really good was Mustafa. The difference between his athleticism vs MVP's was palpable - MVP is ridiculously slow at this point in his career. Benjamin looked a bit slower than usual - not sure if that's because he's asked to be more deliberate as part of a heel group that's much bigger than their opponents. I always wanted to see him and Morrison team up because of their in-ring athleticism - now, I don't know - and obviously they don't shine on the mic. One who I thought did shine on the mic was Bianca. It'll be interesting if she and Ruby can be an effective team.

Saw one YT comment and I agree. Ricochet ruined that moment when he introduced Ali prior to his music playing. He did look good though. Hoping he wouldn't be integrated too much in this storyline since I want the heel stable and him to shine separately and going on top. Can't have that with them both feuding. And oh, Ricochet is a bit too exaggerated with his expressions. Dude's gotta work on his nuances.

If the Street Profits aren't too entertaining to be faces, I'd like them to be included in MVP's stable.

EDIT: Forgot they are called, "The Hurt Business"

I think i've said this for a while but Ricochet needs a damn manager because he's as bad on the mic as he is good at wrestling. Its always been his achillies heel.

On MVP, no idea why he isn't the manager instead of being in this group. Like have him manage this group instead or even have there be two managers if you want Simmons involved as well.
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,926

Post#1364 » by tugs » Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:55 am

Think it'll work if he betrays 2 Fly and joins The Hurt Business? It's good to have a NOD-Evolution Hybrid stable
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#1365 » by Ruzious » Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:56 am

tugs wrote:Think it'll work if he betrays 2 Fly and joins The Hurt Business? It's good to have a NOD-Evolution Hybrid stable

I think it could work IF... it effectively ends MVP's in-ring career. With MVP wrestling, they have to go to a very slow-paced style - which wouldn't fit with an athletic high flyer.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
iMoreland
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,946

Post#1366 » by iMoreland » Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:01 pm

I still think they should've put the WWE title on Lashley. Even if it was just for a month or so. Would have legitimized him and the group immediately, but instead he's just back to being the big midcard heel.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1367 » by Ruzious » Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:23 pm

iMoreland wrote:I still think they should've put the WWE title on Lashley. Even if it was just for a month or so. Would have legitimized him and the group immediately, but instead he's just back to being the big midcard heel.

Any chance they have Lashley ask MVP for a title shot?
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
JohnPferdelack
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,516

Post#1368 » by JohnPferdelack » Mon Aug 3, 2020 6:48 pm

Shane O'Mac will return tonight!
iMoreland
Lead Assistant

Post#1369 » by iMoreland » Mon Aug 3, 2020 8:08 pm

Read on Twitter
JohnPferdelack
Assistant Coach

Post#1370 » by JohnPferdelack » Mon Aug 3, 2020 8:33 pm

Nation of Domniation 2.0?
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1371 » by Ruzious » Mon Aug 3, 2020 9:38 pm

JohnPferdelack wrote:Nation of Domniation 2.0?

D'Lo Brown's back? :wink:
JohnPferdelack
Assistant Coach

Post#1372 » by JohnPferdelack » Mon Aug 3, 2020 10:54 pm

Under these circumstances only the Godfather is missing.
iMoreland
Lead Assistant

Post#1373 » by iMoreland » Tue Aug 4, 2020 1:37 am

Does this mean Raw is 2 hours again? The 3rd hour is now Shane's project?
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#1374 » by WRau1 » Tue Aug 4, 2020 3:11 am

WWE needs Samoa Joe on the mic and in the ring.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1375 » by Ruzious » Tue Aug 4, 2020 3:32 am

WRau1 wrote:WWE needs Samoa Joe on the mic and in the ring.

Joe was the best part of the show. Gotta hand it to Phillips - he had me believing he was genuinely scared shirtless.

Shane's Raw Underground reeked of desperation. Ok... Shane prefers fake MMA vs fake wrestling - we get it. And adding go-go girls... really? You're really reaching high there Shane. Did I mention his whole plan just reeked of desperation - or... maybe he's just really an idiot. I think I'm done with WWE except for NXT. Too bad, because I do like some WWE, but passing off this junk as entertainment... and giving us more of the eye-gouging match. Wow, great to see one of the Viking Warriors kill some little guy. Bring back Bart Gun! I'd be just fine with WWE going bankrupt at this point. And was there even any explanation for the fire set on the generator? Wth? And to top it all off, all the technical glitches they had throughout the show were really... technical glitches. What a clusterfudge.

I'll put it another way... Remember Lance Archer beating up a bunch of 150 lb men in the AEW locker room. The only difference between that and Shane's crapshow was that Shane used dingy lighting combined with 500 camera shots per second and a bunch of go-go girls. Shane wants to be a dimestore Joe Rogan - what a pathetic goal.
improper
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,405

Post#1376 » by improper » Tue Aug 4, 2020 4:20 am

The real question is why the Performance Center would have an outdoor generator.

First Raw I've tuned into in months. Last Raw I'll tune into for months.
The_Brecht
Starter
And1: 903

Post#1377 » by The_Brecht » Tue Aug 4, 2020 6:57 am

I laughed my *** off.
West-Flemish for behinners:

- Dust means thirsty.
The_Brecht
Starter
And1: 903

Post#1378 » by The_Brecht » Tue Aug 4, 2020 6:58 am

Props to Mysterio Jr btw.
He's performing really well through this story.
West-Flemish for behinners:

- Dust means thirsty.
Spens1
RealGM

Post#1379 » by Spens1 » Tue Aug 4, 2020 8:18 am

What is even Shane's project.

They did this with 205 live as well by the way and i think they had the women do this at one stage as well.

Honestly it feels like every year they have the whole 'oh, we've listened to you and will do better' spiel and somehow, the product gets even worse (if that is at all possible).
JohnPferdelack
Assistant Coach

Post#1380 » by JohnPferdelack » Tue Aug 4, 2020 11:52 am

For me, only the first hour was ok, the other two hours were atrocious.
All in all, it was another weak raw episode. Even Shane can't help.

Return to Pro Wrestling