Read on Twitter
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Re: WWE Raw Discussion III 

Post#1402 » by Spens1 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:28 pm

Scott Hall wrote:
Ruzious wrote:
Scott Hall wrote:Classic Shawn Michaels can't even sell an RKO and Punt to the head lol

Every time I see Shawn, he looks a little more like George Carlin with muscles.

He needs to go back to shaving his head lol

Spens1 wrote:
Scott Hall wrote:Classic Shawn Michaels can't even sell an RKO and Punt to the head lol

you would think he should be able to at this point, he got punted in 07 as well during their feud iirc and he sold that like death.

Did he? I don't remember... he must've been in a good mood that day

I think it may have been a raw sometime after judgement day (so around the middle of the year) 07, Orton punted Micheals (not even that strong) and it took out Micheals for months. Mind you this was in the era of Super Orton when he was the #1 heel in the company (well, at least the number 1 heel on mondays with edge on smackdown) so they really put the punt over.

Even worse, the 09 punt on Flair was almost sold on commentary like Orton attempted to murder Flair (credit to Batista, he was brilliant there as well with the voice breaking and all). Compare that to what they did the other week, its amazing what 11 years of difference (mind you, this was when RAW was considered pretty historically bad in its own right, especially in comparison to smackdown which actually had a good product) can make.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#1403 » by Ruzious » Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:43 pm

It wasn't hard to believe that a 240 plus lb great looking athlete in his prime - with legs like Orton's - could do some damage getting a running start and kicking someone in the head. It's not like HHH's pedigree that typically stopped about a foot from the ground.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Amare_1_Knicks
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,278

Post#1404 » by Amare_1_Knicks » Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:06 am

I like Keith Lee but man, does he have some awkward cadences. He sounds like he’s in an 80’s movie or something.
heatwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 13,026

Post#1405 » by heatwillbeback » Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:14 am

I don’t know why they decided to repackage Lee with new music. So generic. Then the ring attire was just bad.

It wasn’t broken! Ugh.
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,923

Post#1406 » by tugs » Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:13 am

Man, Lee looking like Mark Henry with that gear. It's been his character since I know but I like the one with the facial hair better. Could be character development of some sort. Dragging promo for me, I miss the angst
The_Brecht
Starter
And1: 903

Post#1407 » by The_Brecht » Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:51 am

Bad RAW
West-Flemish for behinners:

- Dust means thirsty.
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,244

Post#1408 » by jakecronus8 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:06 pm

I try to not be negative for the sake of being negative because that’s the easy thing to do as a wrestling fan.

That being said, holy **** was that an awful debut for Keith Lee. I don’t understand how they can consistently be so bad at debuting truly special talents. I’m at the point where I feel like it has to be intentional.

What a stark contrast from the first time we saw Lee on a main roster show where he’s getting the rub from Lesnar. Now he gets to be a throw away part of a boring feud between two of the most boring main event guys I can recall.

And that promo. Oh lord was that a terrible promo. It’s so clear that the writers for the main roster are writing promos for how they think a wrestler should talk vs NXT where the talent is given more leeway. Lee is doomed like so many before him.
Do it for Chuck
JohnPferdelack
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,516

Post#1409 » by JohnPferdelack » Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:58 pm

How about a Paycheck PPV-Thread?
This was the last raw episode before Paycheck.
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,359

Post#1410 » by Dominator83 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:03 am

jakecronus8 wrote:I try to not be negative for the sake of being negative because that’s the easy thing to do as a wrestling fan.

That being said, holy **** was that an awful debut for Keith Lee. I don’t understand how they can consistently be so bad at debuting truly special talents. I’m at the point where I feel like it has to be intentional.

What a stark contrast from the first time we saw Lee on a main roster show where he’s getting the rub from Lesnar. Now he gets to be a throw away part of a boring feud between two of the most boring main event guys I can recall.

And that promo. Oh lord was that a terrible promo. It’s so clear that the writers for the main roster are writing promos for how they think a wrestler should talk vs NXT where the talent is given more leeway. Lee is doomed like so many before him.

I think Vince deliberately ruins NXT guys just do he can laugh at HHH and say "see, your guys ain't **** on the main stage" . so many guys came up white effing hot and they did nothing to capitalize on them
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,748

Post#1411 » by Stanford » Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:29 am

jakecronus8 wrote:That being said, holy **** was that an awful debut for Keith Lee. I don’t understand how they can consistently be so bad at debuting truly special talents. I’m at the point where I feel like it has to be intentional.

I was rolling my eyes a bit at the excitement around his promotion. This was inevitable.

Someone said in another thread that they need to move Gargano and LaRae to Raw or SD!. Those two are DOA as soon as they leave NXT. That goes for Ciampa and probably Cole as well.
The_Brecht
Starter
And1: 903

Post#1412 » by The_Brecht » Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:39 am

imagine writing a show only to have the whole script getting tossed in the bin.
Birthday boy Vince arrived at RAW an hour before the start of the show, tossed the script in the bin and had his way.

What a guy...
West-Flemish for behinners:

- Dust means thirsty.
Scott Hall
RealGM
And1: 62,604

Post#1413 » by Scott Hall » Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:35 am

Keith Lee....man....

Soon as I heard he was getting called up I was like I will bet the farm he's gonna have new ring gear because
Vince is gonna make him cover up that big bad boy gut of his with the stretch marks so that's a plus but the
attire is awful but you can say most wrestling attires are awful these days.

The music though? come on man Keith Lee had one of the best new themes in the company and you change
it to some generic theme? His theme made him feel special. Also he needs his facial hair back.

As for Vince killing off NXT talents on the main roster there is some truth to that but also just because you're
in NXT doesn't mean you should be pushed to the moon right away either. I don't have a problem with some
NXT talent joining the main roster and starting from scratch and paying their dues and working themselves
up the ladder. The problem is Vince has a habit of cooling them completely off and literally burying all the
hard work HHH does. So it's a fine line but to me though NXT seems to be a bit of a dying brand that a lot of
people seemed to have lost interest in the last couple of years. I think the brand in general needs a shakeup
with presentation and moving around some of the long time talent.
improper
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,405

Post#1414 » by improper » Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:56 pm

Scott Hall wrote:Keith Lee....man....

Soon as I heard he was getting called up I was like I will bet the farm he's gonna have new ring gear because
Vince is gonna make him cover up that big bad boy gut of his with the stretch marks so that's a plus but the

The music though? come on man Keith Lee had one of the best new themes in the company and you change
it to some generic theme? His theme made him feel special. Also he needs his facial hair back.

As for Vince killing off NXT talents on the main roster there is some truth to that but also just because you're
in NXT doesn't mean you should be pushed to the moon right away either. I don't have a problem with some
NXT talent joining the main roster and starting from scratch and paying their dues and working themselves
up the ladder. The problem is Vince has a habit of cooling them completely off and literally burying all the
hard work HHH does. So it's a fine line but to me though NXT seems to be a bit of a dying brand that a lot of
people seemed to have lost interest in the last couple of years. I think the brand in general needs a shakeup

I don't think NXT is a dying brand.

I just think that wrestling in general isn't nearly as enjoyable without a crowd, and that's particularly true for NXT because the crowds were always hot as hell and added a lot to the shows, especially the Takeovers.
Scott Hall
RealGM
And1: 62,604

Post#1415 » by Scott Hall » Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:18 pm

improper wrote:
Scott Hall wrote:Keith Lee....man....

I don't think NXT is a dying brand.

I just think that wrestling in general isn't nearly as enjoyable without a crowd, and that's particularly true for NXT because the crowds were always hot as hell and added a lot to the shows, especially the Takeovers.

Yeah dying wasn't the right word I would probably use that for ROH. I would say NXT has lost a lot of steam compared
to 2016-2018 and then AEW going head to head with them has kind of hurt them a bit.

I think the show could use a total makeover and possibly start touring after the Pandemic.
tugs
RealGM

Post#1416 » by tugs » Tue Sep 1, 2020 4:05 am

I've never had this much go away hate til this Natalya-Lana duo became a thing
JohnPferdelack
Assistant Coach

Post#1417 » by JohnPferdelack » Tue Sep 1, 2020 4:08 am

very bad?
tugs
RealGM

Post#1418 » by tugs » Tue Sep 1, 2020 4:08 am

And I hope they're really not breaking up the IIconics unless it's a solo run for Peyton with Billie as her manager
tugs
RealGM

Post#1419 » by tugs » Tue Sep 1, 2020 4:08 am

JohnPferdelack wrote:very bad?
Very
JohnPferdelack
Assistant Coach

Post#1420 » by JohnPferdelack » Tue Sep 1, 2020 4:10 am

i haven't seen the last two raw episodes, so i don't know what storyline both women have.

Return to Pro Wrestling