Post#1421 » by tugs » Tue Sep 1, 2020 12:31 pm

The worst
JohnPferdelack
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,516

Re: WWE Raw Discussion III 

Post#1422 » by JohnPferdelack » Tue Sep 1, 2020 1:11 pm

Good News:
Retribution belongs to the red brand! (John Pollock)
This a liberation for Smackdown!
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,923

Post#1423 » by tugs » Fri Sep 4, 2020 6:11 am

The Hurt Business thinking of adding members? Here's to hoping Ember Moon joins as well as Cedric.

Future Tag Champs with Cedric and Shelton

Future RAW Women's Champ with Ember
Scott Hall
RealGM
And1: 62,604

Post#1424 » by Scott Hall » Fri Sep 4, 2020 8:44 pm

Read on Twitter
improper
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,405

Post#1425 » by improper » Fri Sep 4, 2020 9:20 pm

Scott Hall wrote:
Read on Twitter

What a wasted opportunity there. Those guys showed they could put on some bangers with the right opponents, had a good look, and they had the right manager, and in typical Vince fashion he f*cks it all up almost immediately by splitting them from Ellering when neither guy could cut a compelling promo on their own.
Scott Hall
RealGM

Post#1426 » by Scott Hall » Mon Sep 7, 2020 8:09 pm

improper wrote:
Scott Hall wrote:
Read on Twitter

What a wasted opportunity there. Those guys showed they could put on some bangers with the right opponents, had a good look, and they had the right manager, and in typical Vince fashion he f*cks it all up almost immediately by splitting them from Ellering when neither guy could cut a compelling promo on their own.

Yeah and it was brutal when they put Drake F'ing Maverick as their manager. I heard a recent interview
from Paul Ellering that they contacted him to bring him back to manage them again just before
the Pandemic hit and then everything got put on hold.

Meltzer reported in late August that they were supposedly coming back soon so I'm guessing they must've
got injured again and that was the straw that broke the camels back.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#1427 » by Ruzious » Mon Sep 7, 2020 11:15 pm

Yeah, I remember one of them was injured a couple of months ago - that's why we haven't seen them in a while. It's not exactly a surprise they're gone now.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Amare_1_Knicks
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,278

Post#1428 » by Amare_1_Knicks » Tue Sep 8, 2020 1:31 am

I just saw a flash of potential in Cedric Alexander. He looked like a star in that promo. If anyone watched Ballers, he just reminded me of Ricky Jarret (I think that’s his name, the guy John David Washington plays).

All of a sudden he actually has an appeal as a heel character. He had an edge to him tonight — one we never saw as a generic cruiserweight babyface. Working with guys like MVP, Lashley and Benjamin will only elevate him (kayfabe wise and legitimately so).
tugs
RealGM

Post#1429 » by tugs » Tue Sep 8, 2020 5:21 am

Agree with Cedric, solid solid promo as a heel. Great to see guys given opportunities and a heel swerve getting heat not in a diss someone off kind of way

Now if only Santos Escobar isn't the champ, hoping he'll be the cruiserweight champion again. Or tag champs with Shelton. Man it'll be a clinic
tugs
RealGM

Post#1430 » by tugs » Wed Sep 9, 2020 2:03 am

Getting a JBL vibe from this Peyton-Billie split
Scott Hall
RealGM

Post#1431 » by Scott Hall » Wed Sep 9, 2020 2:35 am

tugs wrote:Getting a JBL vibe from this Peyton-Billie split

What do you mean?
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,750

Post#1432 » by Stanford » Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:26 pm

I don't know how it plays live, but Raw Underground clips always catches my attention when I'm scrolling through twitter. The camera cuts are a bit much but it's pretty striking visually.

How does everyone feel about it?
whysoserious
RealGM
And1: 8,634

Post#1433 » by whysoserious » Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:17 pm

Scott Hall wrote:
Read on Twitter

How is WWE just letting go of all this talent? I mean I understand financial impacts but they're letting go quality talent. They've also effed up using so much of this talent.

Loved seeing Rusev back with AEW. I haven't been watching either brand but it just feels like reading here that WWE has no real direction for it's top stars and no stories while wasting quality young talent. Sounds a lot like WCW.
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,444

Post#1434 » by Foye » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:25 pm

Stanford wrote:I don't know how it plays live, but Raw Underground clips always catches my attention when I'm scrolling through twitter. The camera cuts are a bit much but it's pretty striking visually.

How does everyone feel about it?

Not really a fan...there is even less story in those fights than in the regular ring...

Also seems like every week the same guys are fighting the same guys...

I get that you want to build rivalries but frankly I am getting sick of this Monday Night Messia vs Mysterios **** for a while now.

Same with other rivalries.
improper
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,405

Post#1435 » by improper » Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:39 pm

whysoserious wrote:How is WWE just letting go of all this talent? I mean I understand financial impacts but they're letting go quality talent. They've also effed up using so much of this talent.

Loved seeing Rusev back with AEW. I haven't been watching either brand but it just feels like reading here that WWE has no real direction for it's top stars and no stories while wasting quality young talent. Sounds a lot like WCW.

I think it's a combination of them signing so many guys just to sign them to begin with when they were flush with cash coupled with a massive recession and loss of revenue due to no live shows (which also probably puts a huge dent in merchandise sales).
tugs
RealGM

Post#1436 » by tugs » Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:22 pm

Scott Hall wrote:

What do you mean?
Remember that match back in SD in the 2000s with the stipulation that APA will split if they lost? Ron was like begging JBL to reconsider and Bradshaw just left him. Following weeks JBL comes out with this new persona and started feuding with Eddie iirc

Then starts the long successful solo run as a heel, wining the US title, establishing The Cabinet Stable, then feuds with Cena
Scott Hall
RealGM

Post#1437 » by Scott Hall » Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:20 am

tugs wrote:
Scott Hall wrote:

What do you mean?
Remember that match back in SD in the 2000s with the stipulation that APA will split if they lost? Ron was like begging JBL to reconsider and Bradshaw just left him. Following weeks JBL comes out with this new persona and started feuding with Eddie iirc

Then starts the long successful solo run as a heel, wining the US title, establishing The Cabinet Stable, then feuds with Cena

Ah ok gotcha... yeah that's a very good observation/comparison. When I saw their match last week Peyton looked
way better then Billie in the ring it was quite noticeable. Billie still looks extremely green and might be the worst
worker in the company. Peyton definitely seems like the star out of the 2. Billie looks like she could use a good
3-5 years on the Indies and learn how to work and pay some dues.

I read a report that WWE is supposedly so down on Billie that she's either going straight to catering or they might
just flat out release her.
tugs
RealGM

Post#1438 » by tugs » Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:19 pm

Scott Hall wrote:
tugs wrote:
Scott Hall wrote:
What do you mean?

Ah ok gotcha... yeah that's a very good observation/comparison. When I saw their match last week Peyton looked
way better then Billie in the ring it was quite noticeable. Billie still looks extremely green and might be the worst
worker in the company. Peyton definitely seems like the star out of the 2. Billie looks like she could use a good
3-5 years on the Indies and learn how to work and pay some dues.

I read a report that WWE is supposedly so down on Billie that she's either going straight to catering or they might
just flat out release her.
Oh wow that's unfortunate. And yeah I get what you mean. Billie right now is Roman where you just can't shed the group identity off of her. Saw her once pre Iconics and her entrance stood out. Match was a squash where she won but saw there was potential. But yeah against someone better, she has to be carried. She's not Eva Marie bad though, and I'd reckon she's better than Kelly Kelly.

If nothing happens with the Peyton split, I'd be super pissed. Her moveset is so diverse and a good combination of flashy and technical. Her nuances are also above than that of her peers. If I'll nitpick, I'm a bit worried about her finishing move against bigger and heavier opponents. I hope she has a variation with that pre finisher kick of hers to cater against the Nia's, Temina's, and Charlotte's.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#1439 » by Ruzious » Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:48 pm

I hope Billie lands on her feet. Granted, she's not real good in the ring, but I think she's an entertaining performer - has an ability to make people laugh and for the most part - worked well with Peyton. I always enjoyed her performances.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Scott Hall
RealGM

Post#1440 » by Scott Hall » Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:24 pm

I'm surprised they don't send her down to NXT... Aliyah was super green and didn't pick it up fast and Liv
Morgan was down there awhile and never had a TakeOver match that I remember.

Return to Pro Wrestling