RealGM
And1: 29,549

Re: WWE Raw Discussion III 

Post#1441 » by Dominator83 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:27 pm

Scott Hall wrote:
tugs wrote:
Scott Hall wrote:
What do you mean?
Remember that match back in SD in the 2000s with the stipulation that APA will split if they lost? Ron was like begging JBL to reconsider and Bradshaw just left him. Following weeks JBL comes out with this new persona and started feuding with Eddie iirc

Then starts the long successful solo run as a heel, wining the US title, establishing The Cabinet Stable, then feuds with Cena

Ah ok gotcha... yeah that's a very good observation/comparison. When I saw their match last week Peyton looked
way better then Billie in the ring it was quite noticeable. Billie still looks extremely green and might be the worst
worker in the company. Peyton definitely seems like the star out of the 2. Billie looks like she could use a good
3-5 years on the Indies and learn how to work and pay some dues.

I read a report that WWE is supposedly so down on Billie that she's either going straight to catering or they might
just flat out release her.

So in other words, Billie is the Marty Jannetty of the two. Maybe they can start up a "Billie may have murdered someone" storyline to try and get her over. Lol
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,862

Post#1442 » by Stanford » Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:13 am

Dominater wrote:Billie is the Marty Jannetty of the two.

Marty Jannetty was a great wrestler too! I think the dynamic is a little different with Billie and Peyton. Billie is significantly more charismatic and better as a talker. Peyton is significantly better in the ring. I thought that together they made each other's weak points look stronger.

If you told me one of them would be a staple on WWE TV for the next ten years, I'd bet on Billie for her ability to play a character and act goofy.
Heat3
RealGM
And1: 14,203

Post#1443 » by Heat3 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:20 am

Billie is a naturally funny person and does things off the cuff. It always appeared to me that Peyton was following her lead when it came to the funny stuff the IIconics did.

Peyton may be the better wrestler as far as executing moves, but to me Billie has been the more entertaining one. I hope they keep her around.
Pat Riley wrote:There are only two options regarding commitment. You're either IN or you're OUT. There is no such thing as life in-between.

James Johnson wrote:The culture is REAL.

Amare_1_Knicks
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,294

Post#1444 » by Amare_1_Knicks » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:16 am

So silly that they changed Keith Lee’s theme, for absolutely no reason. It was catchy and it fit so well. Now it’s this generic BS.

I love the character that McIntyre has blossomed into. He’s very believable when he speaks and with the way he carries himself in general (even if he’s just shelling out lines that are written for him). He just looks like a guy you wouldn’t mess with if you saw him in a bar or something. Reminds me of a wrestling version of Liev Schreiber.

On another note, I don’t really like that piped in sound on WWE broadcasts. It doesn’t bring energy to the presentation.
Scott Hall
RealGM
And1: 62,605

Post#1445 » by Scott Hall » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:46 am

Amare_1_Knicks wrote:So silly that they changed Keith Lee’s theme, for absolutely no reason. It was catchy and it fit so well. Now it’s this generic BS.

I love the character that McIntyre has blossomed into. He’s very believable when he speaks and with the way he carries himself in general (even if he’s just shelling out lines that are written for him). He just looks like a guy you wouldn’t mess with if you saw him in a bar or something. Reminds me of a wrestling version of Liev Schreiber.

On another note, I don’t really like that piped in sound on WWE broadcasts. It doesn’t bring energy to the presentation.

The music thing in WWE has become a major headache in recent years and maybe historically as well. As for Keith Lee
the word is CFO$ who replaced Jim Johnston all those years is out and they produced Keith Lees theme. Apparently they
are going around to talent that had CFO$ exclusively produce their tracks to sign off on new stuff most likely to save money.
That's what it always boils down to money unfortunately.

During the Attitude/Ruthless Aggression era it was so cool when they started using real bands/artists to do the wrestlers
theme music but it didn't last long because it costs to much to license them constantly. Even long time themes like Rick
Rudes have been changed on the WWE Network and in the video games.

Eric Bischoff talked about how he had to deal with Jimi Hendrixs estate to use Voodoo Child for Hollywood Hogan and
how expensive it was to license that song on a podcast last year.

One of my favorite themes in the current era and also all time was Shinskes Theme. For whatever reason Vince turns
him heel and they can't have the fans sing to his theme anymore to get him over so they change it. That might've been
a CFO$ produced track because I remember them doing a Youtube video showing how they made it. So if Shinske ever
turns face again I'm worried if he'll have that track again.

Keith Lee tweeted out a pic of him in a recording studio yesterday so maybe he's working on a new theme.
Amare_1_Knicks
Lead Assistant

Post#1446 » by Amare_1_Knicks » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:17 am

I’m just going to go ahead and ask it: what the hell is Raw Underground? In a month and change I haven’t seen anything even resembling a coherent storyline or a week to week build. It’s just a motley crew of wrestlers fighting in this random area, for no good reason. It’s just pure confusion. How on earth could any talent benefit from this ?
Amare_1_Knicks
Lead Assistant

Post#1447 » by Amare_1_Knicks » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:04 am

Retribution is like a better version of Dark Order — what Dark Order should’ve been. Even though most of them look undersized, they don’t look goofy, and they don’t look like amateurs that can’t throw believable punches/offense. Their hits look good, the camera shaking when they’re making their attack looks good and their attire makes them look like thugs. The only downfall to Retribution is that there’s no way there’s going to be a rewarding payoff when it’s revealed who they are/who the leader is. I have no faith in WWE when it comes to that.

I’m loving the Hurt Business. They all look great, are good workers, the suits are working for them and MVP is a hell of a mouth piece.
Scott Hall
RealGM

Post#1448 » by Scott Hall » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:43 am

Read on Twitter
LLJ
RealGM
And1: 17,214

Post#1449 » by LLJ » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:47 am

Scott Hall wrote:
The music thing in WWE has become a major headache in recent years and maybe historically as well. As for Keith Lee
the word is CFO$ who replaced Jim Johnston all those years is out and they produced Keith Lees theme. Apparently they
are going around to talent that had CFO$ exclusively produce their tracks to sign off on new stuff most likely to save money.

I've heard a bunch of chatter about CFO$ music not being used anymore, but I don't think that is the case. Pretty much 95% of the roster's themes use CFO$ made themes and most of them are still using it, despite the CFO$ and WWE parting ways in August.

I just think Keith's theme and look was changed because Vince wants to make Keith Lee his own creation.
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,926

Post#1450 » by tugs » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:52 am

Scott Hall wrote:
Read on Twitter
Whoa hold up thought Seth just disciplined Buddy? What happens now Seth comes in for the title or Buddy goes over so Seth can attend to Becky?

Still hoping Garza and Andrade are still a team, though all momentum has been lost now.

May favorite part of RAW now is The Hurt Business. Stop this NOD part 2 or whatever, they are unique.

Ok probably a more stylish APA
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,926

Post#1451 » by tugs » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:34 am

Damn just watched the ending! The Hurt Business looked money!
Scott Hall
RealGM

Post#1452 » by Scott Hall » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:37 am

LLJ wrote:
Scott Hall wrote:

I've heard a bunch of chatter about CFO$ music not being used anymore, but I don't think that is the case. Pretty much 95% of the roster's themes use CFO$ made themes and most of them are still using it, despite the CFO$ and WWE parting ways in August.

I just think Keith's theme and look was changed because Vince wants to make Keith Lee his own creation.

Who knows... the music thing is always complicated and we aren't privy to the intricacies of the contracts and who
can use what and for how long and how much it costs to renew it. Keith Lee sang the song maybe WWE didn't feel
they weren't getting enough of the coin or didn't completely own the track and it would cost them to license it or
something.

I remember Humberto Carillo had a banger of a track at first for a couple of months and then they changed it. Still
though if they were gonna change Keith Lees music they should've given him another banger instead of just a generic
Wrestling theme sometimes a great theme is what gets a talent over. It's hard to say how hands on Vince is with the
wrestlers themes I don't remember hearing him ever tinkering with a guys theme in the past before though.
LLJ
RealGM
And1: 17,214

Post#1453 » by LLJ » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:18 am

Vince is hands on with people he is focused on.

He was the one who wanted to change Shinsuke's theme so that fans would stop singing along with his song (as a heel). Now, in retrospect, I think that damaged Shinsuke long term because that theme really rocked and he hasn't gotten any momentum since losing to AJ at MITB.
Scott Hall
RealGM

Post#1454 » by Scott Hall » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:05 am

LLJ wrote:Vince is hands on with people he is focused on.

He was the one who wanted to change Shinsuke's theme so that fans would stop singing along with his song (as a heel). Now, in retrospect, I think that damaged Shinsuke long term because that theme really rocked and he hasn't gotten any momentum since losing to AJ at MITB.

Randy Orton said when Keith Lee got called up and they had that first match that Vince told him "to make
Keith Lee look like a star". When he was in NXT I always said I will bet the farm that when Keith gets called up
Vince will make him cover his massive gut up.

As for his song you would think that he would love that one of his performers sings their own song especially
as a monster babyface that he's trying to push as a big star. They even kept the opening part of his old song.
So who knows the deal the report about CFO$ is what it is.

I wish Vince would get invested in Roman Reigns theme music his golden boy. He STILL uses the Shield music
even though he's heel and that group is long dead. I'm also gonna guess he's gonna wear his Shield attire at
COTC as well smh. The Shield music wasn't/isn't even good especially for a top guy just lazy generic wrestling music.

Keith Lee did tweet this out yesterday...

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#1455 » by Ruzious » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:38 pm

I still think the WWE should spend the money and get a working agreement with whatever music industry folks they need to allow them to use well known songs. Theme music made some rasslers in ECW - like Sandman, Tommy Dreamer, The Public Enemy and others. It really should be a win/win situation.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Amare_1_Knicks
Lead Assistant

Post#1456 » by Amare_1_Knicks » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:18 pm

Ruzious wrote:I still think the WWE should spend the money and get a working agreement with whatever music industry folks they need to allow them to use well known songs. Theme music made some rasslers in ECW - like Sandman, Tommy Dreamer, The Public Enemy and others. It really should be a win/win situation.

Yeah, I think they’re undermining how important theme songs are to a wrestler (and building that wrestler). 20+ years later and the theme songs from the attitude era are more memorable, catchy and palatable than 95% of songs in the past 9-10 years. They’re doing these guys a disservice by having these generic songs.

Bobby Roode, Shinsuke, Keith Lee (before the change obviously), Riddle, and a few other NXT guys had great themes, but a lot of stars music fell flat. I was always disappointed with the themes that Ambrose and Rollins got after leaving the shield.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#1457 » by Ruzious » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:06 pm

Amare_1_Knicks wrote:
Ruzious wrote:I still think the WWE should spend the money and get a working agreement with whatever music industry folks they need to allow them to use well known songs. Theme music made some rasslers in ECW - like Sandman, Tommy Dreamer, The Public Enemy and others. It really should be a win/win situation.

Yeah, I think they’re undermining how important theme songs are to a wrestler (and building that wrestler). 20+ years later and the theme songs from the attitude era are more memorable, catchy and palatable than 95% of songs in the past 9-10 years. They’re doing these guys a disservice by having these generic songs.

Bobby Roode, Shinsuke, Keith Lee (before the change obviously), Riddle, and a few other NXT guys had great themes, but a lot of stars music fell flat. I was always disappointed with the themes that Ambrose and Rollins got after leaving the shield.

And they were able to do it with "Cult of Personality" for CM Punk - which fit him perfectly. I'd get goosebumps hearing that intro.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Dominator83
RealGM

Post#1458 » by Dominator83 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:41 pm

Heck yeah. Every time I hear Alice N Chains man in the Box the 1st thing that immediately pops in my head is "Tommy Dreamer" ditto for Enter Sandman when that song hits I see the Sandman walking thru the crowd giving fans beer bombs. And this is what? 20-25 years later?

And even when WWE hits with their own production, they inexplicably change it sometimes. Like when they got rid of Dolph Zigglers "I am perfection" stupid.

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
Dominator83
RealGM

Post#1459 » by Dominator83 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:44 pm

Amare_1_Knicks wrote:

I actually didn't mind Rollins music at all. They don't always have to have vocals in it. But I agree with you on Ambrose. That was dollar store music lol

Amare_1_Knicks
Lead Assistant

Post#1460 » by Amare_1_Knicks » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:11 pm

Dominater wrote:
Amare_1_Knicks wrote:

I actually didn't mind Rollins music at all. They don't always have to have vocals in it. But I agree with you on Ambrose. That was dollar store music lol

Agreed that the themes don’t always need to have vocals in it, however, they should be memorable and catchy. I’ve heard his previous theme a million times but if someone asked me to hum it for them there’s no way that I could. It just wasn’t a song that you’d be singing to yourself or something — and I think it should be that way, especially with the bigger stars (which he was transitioning into at the time).

And I guess you could say “I didn’t mind” his music either, but I wanted to be like “oh that’s really dope.”

Return to Pro Wrestling