WWE Raw Discussion III

Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,926

Re: WWE Raw Discussion III 

Post#641 » by tugs » Fri Jun 7, 2019 5:10 am

Noticed instant character death whenever called up is the inability to get mic time.
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,555

Post#642 » by Dominator83 » Fri Jun 7, 2019 5:12 am

Spens1 wrote:Anyway, WWE ratings where actually up this week (somehow):

Hour one: 2.31 million
Hour two: 2.56 million
Hour three: 2.35 million

Up to 2.41 Mill average, not sure what the hour two spike was for but anyway. My guess is the Brock cash in (carny's gonna carny) and Taker's appearance (nostalgia, though i'm not sure if i'd tune in for a taker promo, not in his current iteration).

They deserved TNA on spike numbers because this was a TNA on spike show to be honest but it is a good result for the company.

When 2.4 is good, you know that times are bad
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
tugs
RealGM

Post#643 » by tugs » Sat Jun 8, 2019 4:24 am

I didn't like Becky going with Seth after the Brock beat down. Is it just me?

Also, Becky is getting annoying in Twitter. I mean, talk trash with someone you're in a feud with, not with Edge.
spykelee
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,756

Post#644 » by spykelee » Sat Jun 8, 2019 2:24 pm

Riddle is probably my favorite guy in the company. He's gonna become one of the most over guys in the company imo. He's got that it factor similar to the rock. I don't think he'll have any issues connecting with the audience, young and old alike and he's great in the ring.

Sent from my LG-H873 using RealGM mobile app
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#645 » by WRau1 » Sat Jun 8, 2019 3:02 pm

spykelee wrote:Riddle is probably my favorite guy in the company. He's gonna become one of the most over guys in the company imo. He's got that it factor similar to the rock. I don't think he'll have any issues connecting with the audience, young and old alike and he's great in the ring.

And he has a real MMA history so he is a believable badass.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
bestnamezRtaken
Senior
And1: 349

Post#646 » by bestnamezRtaken » Sat Jun 8, 2019 4:57 pm

spykelee wrote:Riddle is probably my favorite guy in the company. He's gonna become one of the most over guys in the company imo. He's got that it factor similar to the rock. I don't think he'll have any issues connecting with the audience, young and old alike and he's great in the ring.

You underestimate Vince's power.
Kobe Bryant was asked who he feels is the toughest opponent to guard in the NBA. Instead of picking OKC's Kevin Durant, Bryant went with Portland’s Brandon Roy.

"Roy 365 days, seven days a week. Roy has no weaknesses in his game."
heatwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 13,135

Post#647 » by heatwillbeback » Sat Jun 8, 2019 7:45 pm

I like him a lot.

But I worry that he will get hurt unless he switches from barefoot to boots. Like Rusev.
Wo1verine
2015 Beat the Commish Champion
And1: 11,761

Post#648 » by Wo1verine » Sat Jun 8, 2019 8:28 pm

WRau1 wrote:

And he has a real MMA history so he is a believable badass.

He just needs to get rid of the girly hair.
BrunoSkull
iMoreland
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,946

Post#649 » by iMoreland » Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:14 am

On WWE.com they announced Hawkins & Ryder will defend the Raw Tag Titles against The Revival tomorrow. Even though The Revival lost to The Usos at Super ShowDown. And even though the last match Hawkins & Ryder were in, they lost to the Viking Raiders.

Makes sense. Now watch them have The Revival lose :lol: .
improper
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,405

Post#650 » by improper » Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:32 am

iMoreland wrote:On WWE.com they announced Hawkins & Ryder will defend the Raw Tag Titles against The Revival tomorrow. Even though The Revival lost to The Usos at Super ShowDown. And even though the last match Hawkins & Ryder were in, they lost to the Viking Raiders.

Makes sense. Now watch them have The Revival lose :lol: .

I didn't even know they were champs.
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,041

Post#651 » by daoneandonly » Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:17 am

bestnamezRtaken wrote:

He needs to wear wrestling boots though. How many guys who've done the bare foot thing have gotten over?
bestnamezRtaken
Senior
And1: 349

Post#652 » by bestnamezRtaken » Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:35 am

daoneandonly wrote:
bestnamezRtaken wrote:

He needs to wear wrestling boots though. How many guys who've done the bare foot thing have gotten over?

I agree with this. I think it's incredibly dumb not to wear boots or shoes of some sort. Maybe it's one of the reasons why I can't take him seriously. :dontknow:
Kobe Bryant was asked who he feels is the toughest opponent to guard in the NBA. Instead of picking OKC's Kevin Durant, Bryant went with Portland’s Brandon Roy.

"Roy 365 days, seven days a week. Roy has no weaknesses in his game."
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,041

Post#653 » by daoneandonly » Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:39 am

bestnamezRtaken wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:
bestnamezRtaken wrote:

I agree with this. I think it's incredibly dumb not to wear boots or shoes of some sort. Maybe it's one of the reasons why I can't take him seriously. :dontknow:

Yeah I suppose the flip flop thing is somehow part of his bro, laid back persona/aura, but still, doesnt quite work in the ring credibility wise
spykelee
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#654 » by spykelee » Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:34 pm

The flip flops and bare feet don't bother me at all. The guy was at the pinnacle of combat and no shoes or boots allowed there, whereas foot stomps and such are. Why is it an issue of credibility if he doesn't wear boots? I don't get it. Sometimes, different is the name of the game In sports entertainment and It def fits his persona. The hop in the ring and flipping the flops into the crowd is awesome.

heatwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 13,135

Post#655 » by heatwillbeback » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:50 pm

spykelee wrote:The flip flops and bare feet don't bother me at all. The guy was at the pinnacle of combat and no shoes or boots allowed there, whereas foot stomps and such are. Why is it an issue of credibility if he doesn't wear boots? I don't get it. Sometimes, different is the name of the game In sports entertainment and It def fits his persona. The hop in the ring and flipping the flops into the crowd is awesome.

It’s awesome persona wise. But he is going to get hurt. There is a lot more movement around the ring in WWE than MMA.

Rusev broke his foot on a simple landing and since then has worn boots.
tugs
RealGM

Post#656 » by tugs » Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:01 pm

Expecting lot's of title changes this coming June 28 and 29 in Japan.
spykelee
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#657 » by spykelee » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:23 am

The lucha house party in a three on one handicap match against lars Sullivan... Stop me if you've seen this Match before...

improper
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,405

Post#658 » by improper » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:45 am

spykelee wrote:The lucha house party in a three on one handicap match against lars Sullivan... Stop me if you've seen this Match before...

I didn't see it before because I only tuned in for the last fifteen minutes of the Saudi show, and even then I illegally streamed that sh*t because I refuse to pay for the Network with Raw/Smackdown as creatively bankrupt as they are. And for the Saudi show literally the only reason I tuned in at all was because the Goldberg/Taker match was about to air right as I got home from work and I wanted to see how terrible it was. It did not disappoint.

But I also didn't see it tonight because I don't watch Raw. Ya'll just need to stop watching if you're as fed up as I am. It's liberating to not be tied to this crap every week. I read and laugh at the recaps and it's enough for me.
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#659 » by Spens1 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:26 am

heard the revival won the tag team titles, i'm sad they didn't throw them into the crowd :lol:

I just read the run down of the show and it sounds like trash except for Wyatt (and even that it seems is wearing thin). Its a shame that Lucha Underground got cancelled otherwise that would be the best thing for a guy like Wyatt, oh well.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#660 » by Ruzious » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:45 pm

Dominater wrote:
Spens1 wrote:Anyway, WWE ratings where actually up this week (somehow):

Hour one: 2.31 million
Hour two: 2.56 million
Hour three: 2.35 million

Up to 2.41 Mill average, not sure what the hour two spike was for but anyway. My guess is the Brock cash in (carny's gonna carny) and Taker's appearance (nostalgia, though i'm not sure if i'd tune in for a taker promo, not in his current iteration).

They deserved TNA on spike numbers because this was a TNA on spike show to be honest but it is a good result for the company.

When 2.4 is good, you know that times are bad

Yet, WWE stock was selling at 12.48 5 years ago, and now it's at 71.51. There's so much more WWE stuff to watch now on various media, that it was inevitable that tv ratings would go down - regardless of the quality of the product.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams

Return to Pro Wrestling