WWE Raw Discussion III

Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,926

Re: WWE Raw Discussion III 

Post#761 » by tugs » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:01 am

OCs with the gold!!! Too Sweet! About damn time, man.

I hope Dolph goes back to his copying entrances gimmick. That was amusing. And Maria with 24/7 title should be interesting. Great set up as a pregnant champ, and is a good talker as well.

And Mike always on his back, lol. Lucky guy.
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,549

Post#762 » by Dominator83 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:09 am

heatwillbeback wrote:Well, this leaves no doubt they are going for an adult (and more violent) hour 3. That was excellent.

Yea first time in a long time I watched an episode of RAW and am able to say it didn't suck
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
iMoreland
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,946

Post#763 » by iMoreland » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:28 am

Kind of a star making moment there for Cedric
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,035

Post#764 » by daoneandonly » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:01 pm

It was a fairly decent Raw by its usual standards. The Lesnar appearance was surprising and the attack was well done. I was wondering how they were going to explain having a Roman Reigns segment right after without him helping his Shield brother

The only real miss is the announce team acting like Dolph super kicking HBK was some dastardly, despicable act.
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,035

Post#765 » by daoneandonly » Tue Aug 6, 2019 12:54 pm

That set for the OBGYN waiting room was absolutely horrendous and out right comical. Did they just put up a curtain as a wall?
improper
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,405

Post#766 » by improper » Tue Aug 6, 2019 3:53 pm

daoneandonly wrote:That set for the OBGYN waiting room was absolutely horrendous and out right comical. Did they just put up a curtain as a wall?

I didn't see it, but WWE has been lazy for years with their set designs. If they won't even build custom sets for PPVs I don't see why we'd expect them to put any effort into backstage set design.
loserX
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 26,046

Post#767 » by loserX » Tue Aug 6, 2019 4:08 pm

daoneandonly wrote:That set for the OBGYN waiting room was absolutely horrendous and out right comical. Did they just put up a curtain as a wall?

I liked that they had big monitors on the (non-curtain) wall that just read "OB-GYN". Because that's totally what OB-GYN offices do.

Well, at least we finally got that big Ziggler-Goldberg program everyone's been clamouring for...
improper
Lead Assistant

Post#768 » by improper » Tue Aug 6, 2019 9:15 pm

loserX wrote:Well, at least we finally got that big Ziggler-Goldberg program everyone's been clamouring for...

When I read that Goldberg was going to face Ziggler, I literally laughed out loud.

It's like this company just actively tries to give the fans what they don't want. The decisions WWE makes are absolutely baffling 95% of the time, and four of the other five they stumble into something like Becky Lynch or Daniel Bryan getting massively entirely on accident.

What has two thumbs and won't be watching Summerslam?

Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#769 » by Ruzious » Tue Aug 6, 2019 10:20 pm

loserX wrote:

I liked that they had big monitors on the (non-curtain) wall that just read "OB-GYN". Because that's totally what OB-GYN offices do.

Well, at least we finally got that big Ziggler-Goldberg program everyone's been clamouring for...

I thought that was part of the charm of the OB-GYN skit. It was intended to be a bit outrageous and funny, and it hit the mark, honestly.

Goldberg looks good, and there will be people who want to see him again, but yeah, I have no interest in watching him (and his wide array of 2 moves and zero mobility) vs anyone. Tbh, for a minute there, I was kinda looking forward to a Michaels/Ziggler match.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,549

Post#770 » by Dominator83 » Tue Aug 6, 2019 11:14 pm

Ruzious wrote:
loserX wrote:

I thought that was part of the charm of the OB-GYN skit. It was intended to be a bit outrageous and funny, and it hit the mark, honestly.

Goldberg looks good, and there will be people who want to see him again, but yeah, I have no interest in watching him (and his wide array of 2 moves and zero mobility) vs anyone. Tbh, for a minute there, I was kinda looking forward to a Michaels/Ziggler match.

Well, if anyone can get a good match out of Goldberg, its Ziggler.
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
improper
Lead Assistant

Post#771 » by improper » Tue Aug 6, 2019 11:33 pm

Dominater wrote:Well, if anyone can get a good match out of Goldberg, its Ziggler.

Three years ago, maybe.

When's the last time Ziggler put on a great match? I can't even remember. They failed to pull the trigger on him several years ago after Survivor Series and I feel like he just checked out after that like Ambrose did when they kept refusing to pull the trigger on him.
heatwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 13,134

Post#772 » by heatwillbeback » Wed Aug 7, 2019 12:14 am

Nobody is getting a good match out of Goldberg. And for Ziggler’s sake, I hope they don’t even try. Any actual wrestling and somebody could legitimately get paralyzed. Goldberg was that dangerous and that bad vs Taker.

And it was Goldberg because taker looked worlds better in the tag match a few weeks ago.

It’s a crime running Goldberg out there.
LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,197

Post#773 » by LittleOzzy » Wed Aug 7, 2019 12:51 am

Summerslam looks beyond awful on paper.
loserX
And1: 26,046

Post#774 » by loserX » Wed Aug 7, 2019 12:59 am

I don't think there's any intention of having Ziggler get a good match out of Goldberg.

Ziggler has been acting the whiny jerk for weeks. I assume the intention is to just have Goldberg thrash him. (Ziggler *does* know how to bump, gotta give him that.)
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM
And1: 5,655

Post#775 » by Brandon-Clyde » Wed Aug 7, 2019 4:26 am

I do not expect the Ziggler Goldberg match to actually occur. I expect someone the WWE wishes to push to attack Goldberg on his way to the ring and the buildup will be towards a Goldbergvs???? at Survivor Series. My first guess is Lars Sullivan. I know he is injured but we don't need to see the "attack" only the aftermath with Sullivan standing over Goldberg
There are no constraints on the human mind, no walls around the human spirit, no barriers to our progress except those we ourselves erect." -- Ronald Reagan
iMoreland
Lead Assistant

Post#776 » by iMoreland » Wed Aug 7, 2019 4:34 am

Brandon-Clyde wrote:I do not expect the Ziggler Goldberg match to actually occur. I expect someone the WWE wishes to push to attack Goldberg on his way to the ring and the buildup will be towards a Goldbergvs???? at Survivor Series. My first guess is Lars Sullivan. I know he is injured but we don't need to see the "attack" only the aftermath with Sullivan standing over Goldberg

Braun isn't booked for SummerSlam
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM
And1: 5,655

Post#777 » by Brandon-Clyde » Wed Aug 7, 2019 6:30 pm

iMoreland wrote:
Brandon-Clyde wrote:I do not expect the Ziggler Goldberg match to actually occur. I expect someone the WWE wishes to push to attack Goldberg on his way to the ring and the buildup will be towards a Goldbergvs???? at Survivor Series. My first guess is Lars Sullivan. I know he is injured but we don't need to see the "attack" only the aftermath with Sullivan standing over Goldberg

Braun isn't booked for SummerSlam

Braun is possible as is HBK. It will depend a lot on if they expect the match to make a star or if the match itself is the goal(neither HBK nor Braun need a victory over Goldberg but Lars would gain a lot from such a victory)
There are no constraints on the human mind, no walls around the human spirit, no barriers to our progress except those we ourselves erect." -- Ronald Reagan
iMoreland
Lead Assistant

Post#778 » by iMoreland » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:27 am

Hell yeah King of the Ring is back
Feed Your Head
RealGM
And1: 69,465

Post#779 » by Feed Your Head » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:14 am

Oh **** yes, that was awesome. Welcome back Sasha.
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Post#780 » by studcrackers » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:15 am

welcome back sasha
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes

Return to Pro Wrestling