WWE Raw Discussion III

Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

The_Brecht
Starter
And1: 903

Re: WWE Raw Discussion III 

Post#961 » by The_Brecht » Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:53 am

Rusev's getting over as hell in this angle, just shows how good he is.
West-Flemish for behinners:

- Dust means thirsty.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,863

Post#962 » by Stanford » Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:58 pm

The_Brecht wrote:Rusev's getting over as hell in this angle, just shows how good he is.

He's likable, talented, different and looks like a million bucks. It's unacceptable that he's been treated like a non-factor for most of his career. I hate to be that guy but, for the love of god, get Rusev to AEW, please.
Shaazzam
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,269

Post#963 » by Shaazzam » Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:23 pm

i still remember the thrown fish
dude is **** money
Imageprops to Turbo_Zone
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,550

Post#964 » by Dominator83 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:45 pm

Flames24Rulz wrote:
LLJ wrote:The WWE is a mess. There is no plan. PPVs are cobbled together last minute. The shows nowadays are just big fat vehicles for advertising now.

The best episode on RAW or SD over the last year was a couple of Friday's ago, when they had to have NXT save the show since everybody else was stuck in Saudi Arabia. Maybe the best plan is to just have no plan? Because unfortunately, I think they do have a plan as to how they run their shows -- and when they plan it out, it sucks.

RAW last night was a complete dumpster fire, as are most of the shows that are in England. I also don't really get the bright idea of going to Saudi Arabia, rushing back to head to the states, only to go back and begin a European tour literally a few days after that.

I'm also 100% convinced that the Rusev/Lana angle is Vince/Heyman's idea of saying, "See?! This is the Attitude era!!!" even though the whole angle has been terrible from jump. Good on everyone in England ****ing all over that segment too.

I know you gotta take everything he says with a grain of salt, but Vince Russo was saying on his podcast that WWE likes to plan things out a year in advance, and hes right that its stupid. Hes summed it up perfectly as "what if its 3 months in and the fans are sh**ting all over it? Your gonna stay the course for the next 9 months?"

Vince and WWE are like one of those NBA coaches that suck at in-game adjustments even when their initial gameplan isn't working
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
LLJ
RealGM
And1: 17,214

Post#965 » by LLJ » Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:22 pm

Dominater wrote:I know you gotta take everything he says with a grain of salt, but Vince Russo was saying on his podcast that WWE likes to plan things out a year in advance, and hes right that its stupid. Hes summed it up perfectly as "what if its 3 months in and the fans are sh**ting all over it? Your gonna stay the course for the next 9 months?"

Vince and WWE are like one of those NBA coaches that suck at in-game adjustments even when their initial gameplan isn't working

They do make tons of changes on the fly. Becky was a change last year in the WM main event, but because the ORIGINAL plan was Charlotte, they still stubbornly shoehorned her in. And from RR to Mania, it was a massive **** of having no plan except to stall for time. Then they decided, randomly, that they should include the SD title in the WM main event, and had a last minute title change 2 weeks before Mania. But Becky only holds the 2 belts for a month, so in the end it was sort of pointless anyway. All of this clearly was made up on the fly.

They clearly have long term goals for certain people in the company, but everyone else is basically a shoot from the hip situation. They spent 4 years waiting for Roman to get over so they could finally crown him, but it never happened, so they kept having Roman choke over and over again in various title matches because fans kept rejecting him, which only made it worse because he kept having title shots and choking. They yanked the title off Seth because of the backlash on him, but that doesn't mean there still isn't a plan to try to get him over again so that he can win it again down the line. I'm almost 90% sure Bray wasn't meant to win the Universal Title about 3 months ago.

Charlotte is someone they're STILL having hovering in the title picture no matter how many times she fails or how many 5 minute title reigns she has, because they're waiting for the day she can get over again to give her a proper reign. Of course, the more they wait and the more title matches she's shoehorned into, the more apathetic fans get about her presence.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#966 » by Ruzious » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:05 pm

Dominater wrote:
Flames24Rulz wrote:
LLJ wrote:The WWE is a mess. There is no plan. PPVs are cobbled together last minute. The shows nowadays are just big fat vehicles for advertising now.

The best episode on RAW or SD over the last year was a couple of Friday's ago, when they had to have NXT save the show since everybody else was stuck in Saudi Arabia. Maybe the best plan is to just have no plan? Because unfortunately, I think they do have a plan as to how they run their shows -- and when they plan it out, it sucks.

RAW last night was a complete dumpster fire, as are most of the shows that are in England. I also don't really get the bright idea of going to Saudi Arabia, rushing back to head to the states, only to go back and begin a European tour literally a few days after that.

I'm also 100% convinced that the Rusev/Lana angle is Vince/Heyman's idea of saying, "See?! This is the Attitude era!!!" even though the whole angle has been terrible from jump. Good on everyone in England ****ing all over that segment too.

I know you gotta take everything he says with a grain of salt, but Vince Russo was saying on his podcast that WWE likes to plan things out a year in advance, and hes right that its stupid. Hes summed it up perfectly as "what if its 3 months in and the fans are sh**ting all over it? Your gonna stay the course for the next 9 months?"

A long-term plan is a good thing to have as long as you know it's a tool to use - much like Russo - and don't let the tool use you.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
improper
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,405

Post#967 » by improper » Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:01 am

Ruzious wrote:A long-term plan is a good thing to have as long as you know it's a tool to use - much like Russo - and don't let the tool use you.

If anyone knows what it is to be a tool, it's Russo.
iMoreland
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,946

Post#968 » by iMoreland » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:56 pm

Why did they split Harper and Rowan? Harper/Rowan vs Viking Raiders could've been a badass tag feud.
The_Brecht
Starter

Post#969 » by The_Brecht » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:43 am

Owens vs Drew was awesome, until H came out.

- Dust means thirsty.
The_Brecht
Starter

Post#970 » by The_Brecht » Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:45 am

The promo by Triple H...so obvious that they are desperate to beat AEW's ratings on wednesday.

- Dust means thirsty.
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#971 » by Spens1 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:43 am

Stanford wrote:
The_Brecht wrote:Rusev's getting over as hell in this angle, just shows how good he is.

He's likable, talented, different and looks like a million bucks. It's unacceptable that he's been treated like a non-factor for most of his career. I hate to be that guy but, for the love of god, get Rusev to AEW, please.

Him, Zayn and Gable are three people who absolutely should go. They've taken some of the worst gimmicks this decade (maybe not so bad in Zayn's case) and made it work.
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,037

Post#972 » by daoneandonly » Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:19 pm

The planning is an issue, and worse yet, when guys somehow manage to get over on their own, like Rusev himself, and Ryder in the past, they dont change course and push them accordingly. Sometimes, you have to give the people what they want and strike while the iron is smoking hot
JohnPferdelack
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,516

Post#973 » by JohnPferdelack » Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:22 pm

Tonight RAW, the first episode after the invasion angle with Smackdown and Nxt and trust me: From now on, nobody will talk about brand supremacy and these boring storylines will continue.
iMoreland
Lead Assistant

Post#974 » by iMoreland » Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:24 am

Looks like heel Seth is back, hopefully they don't mess it up like they did Ambrose
improper
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,405

Post#975 » by improper » Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:44 am

iMoreland wrote:Looks like heel Seth is back, hopefully they don't mess it up like they did Ambrose

iMoreland
Lead Assistant

Post#976 » by iMoreland » Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:27 am

AOP = Better J&J Security, I like it
The_Brecht
Starter

Post#977 » by The_Brecht » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:30 pm

Rey loses against Lesnar, 24 hours later he wins the US championship.
I don't get it.

- Dust means thirsty.
LLJ
RealGM
And1: 17,214

Post#978 » by LLJ » Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:30 am

The_Brecht wrote:Rey loses against Lesnar, 24 hours later he wins the US championship.
I don't get it.

WWE booking. What's there not to get?

(Besides, AJ's US reign has run out of steam lately with no credible opponent to beat him UNTIL Mysterio. Same with Becky and Bayley too for that matter, which is why, comically, the women's tag titles somehow became more important than either of the women's singles titles lately)

This is what I was referring to when I said they don't really plan ahead. They often just book themselves into a corner and then stall and fudge until they figure something out.
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,926

Post#979 » by tugs » Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:40 am

Was reaaaaalllly hoping for a Drew face turn and win though

And forgot who raised this but if you notice a trend that for every Lesnar loss, that opponent wins something immediately?

Balor - IC
Kofi - Tag
Rey - US

There are still others I forgot.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,863

Post#980 » by Stanford » Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:04 am

Admitting when one is wrong is okay sometimes too. I will do that now.

Kairi Sane and Asuka are a perfect match. I thought, like everyone else, that they were being thrown together because they were the two Japanese women on the main roster. Turns out that their personalities (the two best in the whole company) mesh really well as a team, in the ring and out. Their visual transformation has been incredible. Kairi strikes me as someone who will change her look drastically a dozen times in her career.

Well done, WWE!

Return to Pro Wrestling