Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Re: WWE Elimination Chamber Discussion 

Post#101 » by Ruzious » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:04 pm

Heat3 wrote:
Stanford wrote:Boo! Ruby deserves better!

seriously! smh. Ronda even stealing Sonya Deville's look.

Sonya looks much better now without it - she should be grateful they changed her look.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Scott Hall
RealGM
And1: 62,605

Post#102 » by Scott Hall » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:51 pm

Unfortunately I'm a big twitter guy and I went on there a few times during the All-Star game and saw Bayley
was trending so figured her and Sasha won and saw Kofi was trending so figured he had another crazy run.

Only match that I liked was the mens Main Event Chamber and I usually don't find those matches to be anything special.
I wish this PPV didn't go against the NBA ASG but I didn't mind the spoilers as I'm not vested in the current product.

These Kevin Owens promos are a bit "different" I wonder if him eating Pizza in the car was WWE's idea to fit that
Fat slob narrative some have pushed about him I hope not.

I'm guessing this Lashley, Drew, Corbin faction is gonna be short lived to just cram them all together into a
WM match. Hopefully Strowmans partner this year isn't Nicolas.

So Lacey Evans has a great showing at the Rumble booked strong. Then isn't used on TV for weeks other then jobbing
to Natalya on "Main Event" and has the most pointless bizarre cameo I've ever seen on this PPV lol

Whatever happened to Asuka?
iMoreland
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,945

Post#103 » by iMoreland » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:01 am

Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,847

Post#104 » by Stanford » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:03 am

Joe is actually good
Heat3
RealGM
And1: 14,178

Post#105 » by Heat3 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:25 am

Scott Hall wrote:Unfortunately I'm a big twitter guy and I went on there a few times during the All-Star game and saw Bayley
was trending so figured her and Sasha won and saw Kofi was trending so figured he had another crazy run.

Only match that I liked was the mens Main Event Chamber and I usually don't find those matches to be anything special.
I wish this PPV didn't go against the NBA ASG but I didn't mind the spoilers as I'm not vested in the current product.

These Kevin Owens promos are a bit "different" I wonder if him eating Pizza in the car was WWE's idea to fit that
Fat slob narrative some have pushed about him I hope not.

I'm guessing this Lashley, Drew, Corbin faction is gonna be short lived to just cram them all together into a
WM match. Hopefully Strowmans partner this year isn't Nicolas.

So Lacey Evans has a great showing at the Rumble booked strong. Then isn't used on TV for weeks other then jobbing
to Natalya on "Main Event" and has the most pointless bizarre cameo I've ever seen on this PPV lol

Whatever happened to Asuka?

I don't think I've ever cared less about the NBA all star weekend. The past few years I listened on the radio to the Saturday night but didn't even bother this year. Checked the score this morning and lol'd at 178 points :lol: I saw Wade's highlights on youtube. That's all I needed.
Pat Riley wrote:There are only two options regarding commitment. You're either IN or you're OUT. There is no such thing as life in-between.

James Johnson wrote:The culture is REAL.

improper
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,405

Post#106 » by improper » Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:03 am

Stanford wrote:Joe is actually good

I mean, I think Bray had potential, but on the mic Samoa Joe is one of the best sh*t talkers in the business. Bray had some mic skills, but nowhere near what Joe's got. I think both guys are mediocre in the ring. They both top out at a four star match imo. Maybe Joe used to be amazing, but I've never seen him have anything better than a four star match.
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 17,813

Post#107 » by Diop » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:37 am

I only just watched this, so happy to see Kofi excel. He's always been a great athlete, love seeing him flying around.
improper
Lead Assistant

Post#108 » by improper » Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:35 pm

Diop wrote:I only just watched this, so happy to see Kofi excel. He's always been a great athlete, love seeing him flying around.

WWE has a boatload of guys who I feel could be stars if they were just given a real push.
iMoreland
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,945

Post#109 » by iMoreland » Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:57 pm

improper wrote:
Diop wrote:I only just watched this, so happy to see Kofi excel. He's always been a great athlete, love seeing him flying around.

WWE has a boatload of guys who I feel could be stars if they were just given a real push.

There's only room for a few at the top
improper
Lead Assistant

Post#110 » by improper » Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:11 pm

iMoreland wrote:
improper wrote:

There's only room for a few at the top
Well yeah, but there is room for more guys than WWE tends to allow, and they spent the last five years wasting one of them on Brock Lesnar, who is never around and wrestles one good match a year, and the other on Roman Reigns, who they pushed as a face at the expense of both every other face and heel on the roster. He was always pushed above the more over faces and he pretty much derailed the momentum of every heel other than Brock.

Even with the brand split, Smackdown has so clearly been the B show when it comes to PPV card placement and PPV match layout that it didn't really help the top guys there. AJ Styles was champ for like a year and pretty much put on zero classics, and a lot of that was stupid match layouts that seemed designed to kill the crowd more often than hype them up.
LLJ
RealGM
And1: 17,212

Post#111 » by LLJ » Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:35 pm

Kofi being pushed is a feel-good story for the hardest of the hardcore, but I can't help but think pushing people based solely on fan reactions can get you a situation like Zack Ryder being in a WWE title match in 2011 as well. The live crowd is the hardest of the hardcore fanbase, and they don't necessarily represent the larger audience out there. I can bet you many of the people who only watch WWE casually probably might be thinking "Why is Kofi Kingston going to be in the WWE title match at Wrestlemania while you have a legendary who's who roster of Shinsuke Nakamura, Samoa Joe, AJ Styles, Rey Mysterio, Randy Orton sitting on the sidelines of the WWE title match?"

I can't help but think if you were going to push Kofi to a WWE title, it would have made better business sense to have him win it at a B-PPV instead of Wrestlemania. While the smarks (like us) may be happy that Kofi could get his big moment at Mania, the business side in me sees a complete waste of a roster of pro wrestling legends because they were jobbed out too badly throughout the year.

This situation would be like, if during the Attitude Era, The Rock had to face Billy Gunn for the WWF title at Wrestlemania 15 because Mankind, HBK, Triple H and Austin were booked so badly during the year that they were so damaged by the time Wrestlemania rolled around that Billy Gunn was the best candidate left for the WWF title.

Return to Pro Wrestling