WWE Fastlane Discussion

Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Re: WWE Fastlane Discussion 

Post#81 » by Spens1 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:48 am

If you're going to have Charlotte in the feud, then damn well include her in the thing and not have it all be Becky vs Ronda. If Charlotte is going to be in this, they need to have some heat between Charlotte and Rousey as well because by comparison, their is absolutely none.

Also two heels vs a face. again this is a recycled Bryan vs Orton vs Batista. No issue with Ronda being heel though, she'll never get cheered over Becky at this point so they may as well role with it (so credit where its due there).

Also on the shield, they wouldn't do a band back together storyline already (like 6 months after the last one and like the 4th one since the split) if Dean was hanging around. I think they're trying to convince him to stay but he's still going (and why stay, he's not going to be a main eventer anymore so he may as well try somewhere else). Regardless, if that was the last time, they did a damn good job of it.

They did kill Ali off a fair bit though but i can't be too mad either since, bad timing aside, this is far better than 205 live and chances are he'll be in the main event/upper mid card of smackdown for a fair while to come (hopefully, this is the wwe though so they may just turn him heel).

Looking at the angle with Deville and Rose, they would have been better doing Asuka vs Sonya to be honest. Mandy is a perfectly capable mid card woman (though again, she's green still), she's not main event yet, not even particularly close. Though with Moon out and Sasha and Bayley involved in the tag team scene it is hard. They could have done Nikki Cross vs Asuka as well though which would have been better.

Overall, booking nonsense aside, it was actually a pretty good show. The matches were genuinely good for the most part. WWE title match was very good (but then again, when doesn't a Daniel Bryan match deliver, he's just that good).
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,926

Post#82 » by tugs » Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:27 am

Props to Shane-O-Mac btw. Never have I imagined I would be excited for a heel Shane, at his age, with a program against a face Miz (another one I'm impressed with character development).
I suddenly cared for this feud.
tugs
RealGM

Post#83 » by tugs » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:30 am

Not a fan of Asuka's knee to face strike where she boosts her opponent by the armpit, "lifting" her up before striking.
cricketworldcup
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#84 » by cricketworldcup » Tue Apr 9, 2019 10:33 am

I liked the WWE title match - that finish in particular was amazing
Check my review of this great PhoneX Reviews on my website
improper
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,405

Post#85 » by improper » Tue Apr 9, 2019 3:12 pm

Kind of crazy that Fastlane of all shows ended up better than 'Mania. It's usually their phone in show.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#86 » by Ruzious » Wed Feb 3, 2021 12:37 pm

Who will Edge go against? Gargano, Balor, or Kross? I'd guess Balor.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Amare_1_Knicks
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,294

Post#87 » by Amare_1_Knicks » Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:56 am

I got a kick out of the announcers calling the Orton/Bliss spectacle like it was an actual wrestling match: “Oh! I don’t think Bliss got all of the fireball.” Lol
heatwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 13,135

Post#88 » by heatwillbeback » Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:28 am

I am fine with the Orton/Fiend storyline as long as it leads to an actual wrestling match.

Which goes back to the key problem I have with Wyatt/Fiend. His persona limits wrestling, and while entertaining at times, at the end of the day it's the wrestling business.

Orton/Wyatt at WM years ago was god-awful nonsense. Hopefully they actually go the route of wrestling this time.
heatwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 13,135

Post#89 » by heatwillbeback » Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:43 am

Bryan and Reigns are both so damn good.
Scott Hall
RealGM
And1: 62,605

Post#90 » by Scott Hall » Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:17 am

Wow 5 pages for a Fastlane PPV? I haven't watched yet but from being on Twitter most Tweets
I saw were people complaining about how bad it/WWE is.

Anyways just saw this and didn't know where to post it

Read on Twitter
?s=20
tugs
RealGM

Post#91 » by tugs » Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:46 am

Wow this aged well
tugs wrote:Props to Shane-O-Mac btw. Never have I imagined I would be excited for a heel Shane, at his age, with a program against a face Miz (another one I'm impressed with character development).
I suddenly cared for this feud.
tugs
RealGM

Post#92 » by tugs » Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:51 am

Scott Hall wrote:Wow 5 pages for a Fastlane PPV? I haven't watched yet but from being on Twitter most Tweets
I saw were people complaining about how bad it/WWE is.

Anyways just saw this and didn't know where to post it

Read on Twitter
?s=20
2019, brother

Wow what a way to ruin a solid stable and wasting competent workers. Zelina, Andrade, Angel could've been so much better. Yeah they were featured but damn everyone can see they can be in the spotlight
Amare_1_Knicks
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,294

Post#93 » by Amare_1_Knicks » Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:06 am

The main event was a classic — something that’s not easy to produce in today’s day and age, much less without fans present. There was a great story there that was referenced throughout (MC and Graves did a great job) and the ending was outstanding.

Initially, when someone lobbed the idea of Bryan being in the WM main event, I was against it — but after this showing, I’m all for it. It makes sense storyline-wise, and it’ll be interesting to see who the fans go for.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#94 » by Ruzious » Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:44 pm

Amare_1_Knicks wrote:The main event was a classic — something that’s not easy to produce in today’s day and age, much less without fans present. There was a great story there that was referenced throughout (MC and Graves did a great job) and the ending was outstanding.

Initially, when someone lobbed the idea of Bryan being in the WM main event, I was against it — but after this showing, I’m all for it. It makes sense storyline-wise, and it’ll be interesting to see who the fans go for.

Bryan has been doing a terrific job of getting the best out of Reigns, and they both took it to another level at Fastlane. That should definitely be a WM re-match with the only question being - how should Edge be involved?
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,275

Post#95 » by jakecronus8 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:05 pm

NGL. Last night just further reminded me that the WMME should be Bryan/Reigns, and Edge is out of place. Better and more natural story to tell between those two given their histories and ive always preferred a one on one as the main event.

As I expected, that was a sleeper show. Riddle/Ali, Rollins/Nakker, Drew/Sheamo and the main event all delivered big time. I even enjoyed the Bliss/Orton segment, albeit one that went a bit too long.
Do it for Chuck
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,866

Post#96 » by Stanford » Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:51 pm

Main event was really good
The_Brecht
Starter
And1: 903

Post#97 » by The_Brecht » Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:56 pm

The probably thought Edge was still great in the ring, but he's not.
West-Flemish for behinners:

- Dust means thirsty.

Return to Pro Wrestling