Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Re: NXT Thread III 

Post#441 » by Ruzious » Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:20 pm

tugs wrote:DOLPH AS CHAMP MAN

Seems like the first time Dolph won a match in a long time. At this point in his career - with NXT clearly a minor league - I'm not sure this says much for where Dolph's career is. Same with Bobby Roode's.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,550

Post#442 » by Dominator83 » Sun Mar 13, 2022 12:14 am

Ruzious wrote:

Seems like the first time Dolph won a match in a long time. At this point in his career - with NXT clearly a minor league - I'm not sure this says much for where Dolph's career is. Same with Bobby Roode's.

Ehh. Vince's M.O. in his eyes is he keeps NXT relevant by sprinkling "real stars" into the title picture. He did that not too long ago with Charlotte and she had a good run there.

I think it's actually so etching nice and fresh for Dolph. Though they took the belt off Steiner too fast
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#443 » by Ruzious » Sun Mar 13, 2022 1:46 am

Dominater wrote:
Ruzious wrote:

Ehh. Vince's M.O. in his eyes is he keeps NXT relevant by sprinkling "real stars" into the title picture. He did that not too long ago with Charlotte and she had a good run there.

I think it's actually so etching nice and fresh for Dolph. Though they took the belt off Steiner too fast

Maybe I'm too harsh, but I think it was more about wanting to promote Steiner (and they're so stupid not to call him that), and it was a convenient way to have him drop the NXT belt.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
iMoreland
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,946

Post#444 » by iMoreland » Wed Apr 6, 2022 2:44 am

Gunther/Walter getting called up? They broke up Imperium and he lost clean. He'd be a good fit on Smackdown. Can beat Ricochet for IC title.
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,730

Post#445 » by gambitx777 » Wed Apr 6, 2022 6:17 am

I wonder what they are doing with imperium that is a MR ready tag team why mess with that. Maybe that's just how they get them to main. Gunther needs to go to main too. He's ready he could absolutely hold that ic tittle down and destroy fools until it's time to feed him to Roman lol.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using RealGM mobile app
heatwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 13,134

Post#446 » by heatwillbeback » Wed Apr 6, 2022 8:47 pm

Read on Twitter

Stuff came out recently regarding allegations of domestic abuse and offensive pictures.

So since Takeover, 2 titles have already changed, and now tag belts something needs to be done with.
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#447 » by gambitx777 » Thu Apr 7, 2022 1:08 am

heatwillbeback wrote:
Read on Twitter

Stuff came out recently regarding allegations of domestic abuse and offensive pictures.

So since Takeover, 2 titles have already changed, and now tag belts something needs to be done with.
I mean they could make a push to get TM in the company and put him back with Wes or find someone to put with Wes. I don't know who.

iMoreland
Lead Assistant

Post#448 » by iMoreland » Thu Apr 7, 2022 3:45 am

Creed Brothers are gonna be really good. I'm very high on them.
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#449 » by gambitx777 » Thu Apr 7, 2022 5:45 am

iMoreland wrote:Creed Brothers are gonna be really good. I'm very high on them.
They have turned in to pretty ok promos in just a couple months they don't even need bibvens any more. I still think they should put solo in diamond mine then they can have a story in a year or two of Roman destroying his friends and Brian washing him like he did Jay!

Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,550

Post#450 » by Dominator83 » Thu Apr 7, 2022 10:09 am

gambitx777 wrote:
heatwillbeback wrote:
Read on Twitter

I mean they could make a push to get TM in the company and put him back with Wes or find someone to put with Wes. I don't know who.

That's exactly what they should do.
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
iMoreland
Lead Assistant

Post#451 » by iMoreland » Thu Apr 7, 2022 10:39 am

gambitx777 wrote:
They have turned in to pretty ok promos in just a couple months they don't even need bibvens any more. I still think they should put solo in diamond mine then they can have a story in a year or two of Roman destroying his friends and Brian washing him like he did Jay!

I think once they're on the main roster they'll get new names and everything and not be with Bivens anymore. It'd be cool if Diamond Mine was a permanent fixure for NXT and they keep rotating new talent through it.
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#452 » by gambitx777 » Thu Apr 7, 2022 1:21 pm

iMoreland wrote:
gambitx777 wrote:

I think once they're on the main roster they'll get new names and everything and not be with Bivens anymore. It'd be cool if Diamond Mine was a permanent fixure for NXT and they keep rotating new talent through it.
I don't see them name changing 2.0 guys unless it's a whole sale gimmick thing. Once your name gets changed in 2.0 I think it's gonna stick maybe ? Idk lol .

gambitx777
General Manager

Post#453 » by gambitx777 » Thu Apr 7, 2022 4:21 pm

So nash Carter is out. If he did what they say he did good. But I wish they had suspended him first and investigated. The picture was pretty dumb. But there are two sides to every story and this looks like it could be a toxic situation all the way around.

But what do they do with Wes Lee. He's 5'9 and 33. Not really Vince's cup of tea. He's a wonderful talker and great in the ring. I can't see much of a singles push for him. Could they put someone else with him? Maybe stick him with melo and trick? Enofe and blade? Who else ? A Kid? Darr? Chen? Kenny Williams? Someone from main ? Dom Mysterio ? Mansoor? Mace? Bring cedrick and Benjamin down and re work them as a trio with Lee. ?

WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#454 » by WRau1 » Thu Apr 7, 2022 9:19 pm

More coming out about the Carter situation, it looks like (from what has been reported) that the WWE jumped the gun with the release. I wonder if there was more things going on with him behind the scenes, simular to Enzo.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#455 » by gambitx777 » Fri Apr 8, 2022 12:17 am

WRau1 wrote:More coming out about the Carter situation, it looks like (from what has been reported) that the WWE jumped the gun with the release. I wonder if there was more things going on with him behind the scenes, simular to Enzo.
It was probably more about the photo than anything And it's proven time and time again. If the tallent gives WWE a heads up about the issues they work with you. If you don't they don't have much slack for you.

WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#456 » by WRau1 » Fri Apr 8, 2022 2:00 am

gambitx777 wrote:
WRau1 wrote:More coming out about the Carter situation, it looks like (from what has been reported) that the WWE jumped the gun with the release. I wonder if there was more things going on with him behind the scenes, simular to Enzo.
It was probably more about the photo than anything And it's proven time and time again. If the tallent gives WWE a heads up about the issues they work with you. If you don't they don't have much slack for you.

Oh, I know it was about the photo but it was taken almost 10yrs ago and apparently TNA knew about it. You'd have to think the WWE knew it existed then, too. That's why I'm wondering if there were more issues behind the scenes.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#457 » by gambitx777 » Fri Apr 8, 2022 3:00 am

WRau1 wrote:
gambitx777 wrote:

Oh, I know it was about the photo but it was taken almost 10yrs ago and apparently TNA knew about it. You'd have to think the WWE knew it existed then, too. That's why I'm wondering if there were more issues behind the scenes.
It's possible. It's a dumb reason to get fired but with Khan in power I think a lot of that stuff doesn't get let go like it use to. And hey if he gets cleared and this blows over maybe he comes back. Like with velveteen dream. He was cleared and no evidence was found but he has back stage issues. So there might have been something.

iMoreland
Lead Assistant

Post#458 » by iMoreland » Fri Apr 8, 2022 1:44 pm

iMoreland wrote:Gunther/Walter getting called up? They broke up Imperium and he lost clean. He'd be a good fit on Smackdown. Can beat Ricochet for IC title.

Meltzer: "Gunther and Marcel Barthel are headed to the main roster “but not as a team or unit” and probably to separate brands."
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#459 » by gambitx777 » Fri Apr 8, 2022 2:04 pm

iMoreland wrote:
iMoreland wrote:Gunther/Walter getting called up? They broke up Imperium and he lost clean. He'd be a good fit on Smackdown. Can beat Ricochet for IC title.

Meltzer: "Gunther and Marcel Barthel are headed to the main roster “but not as a team or unit” and probably to separate brands."
This would not upset me. Bartel should be given a push he's so good in the ring. He has randy orton potential.

Walter doesn't need anyone if they book him right. Give him that IC tittle and let him melt people for a year every night on smack down till he's beaten every one but Roman. Then he can get jobbed out to Roman.

Poor Fabian is gonna get strapped with Tony D lol I can feel it now lol

iMoreland
Lead Assistant

Post#460 » by iMoreland » Fri Apr 8, 2022 2:51 pm

gambitx777 wrote:
iMoreland wrote:

This would not upset me. Bartel should be given a push he's so good in the ring. He has randy orton potential. [/url]

Idk about that. A lot of guys over the years have had "Randy Orton potential." But I don't see another Randy Orton in the company.

Return to Pro Wrestling