2019 RealGM Pro Wrestling Awards

Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

2019 RealGM Pro Wrestling Awards 

Post#1 » by Spens1 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:03 am

That time of year as we unwind before the big season of wrestling ahead (from Wrestle Kingdom to the Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania), lets look back at the best, worst and everything inbetween:

Wrestler of the year - as in the poll, 9 options + other. If other state who in the comments
Most outstanding wrestler - Focused more on the in ring output moreso than wrestler of the year which is the complete package.
Feud of the Year - self explanatory, best feud this year from any promotion
Tag Team of the Year - again, best tag team from any promotion
Most improved wrestler - most improved wrestler for the year from any promotion (overall, as a complete package)
Best on Interviews - Best wrestler on the mic from any promotion
Most Charismatic - Most charismatic wrestler from any promotion
Best Technical Wrestler - Best technical wrestler from any promotion
Best Brawler - Best brawler from any promotion
Best High-Flyer/Luchador - Best high flying wrestler/luchador for the year
Most Underrated - Most underrated/underappreciated wrestler from any promotion in your mind
Promotion of the Year - the promotion your felt had the best year as a company and as a product
Best TV Show - The best wrestling TV show for the entire year (from january)
Match of the Year - Best match for the year
Rookie of the Year - Best first year wrestler (meaning wrestler who made their wrestling debut, not just debuting in a company)
Best Non-Wrestler - Best individual who isn't a wrestler (i.e. managers, authority figures)
Best Commentator - Best commentator from any promotion
Best Major Wrestling Show - Best wrestling show overall (so the best individual show, that includes PPV's and specials, from any promotion)
Best Booker - Best booker of any promotion for the year
Promoter of the Year - Best promoter/manager from any promotion for the year
Best Gimmick - act with the best gimmick for the year

Worst Commentator - Worst commentator from any promotion
Most Overrated - Most overrated wrestler in your mind from any promotion
Worst Major Wrestling Show - Worst wrestling show overall (worst individual show including PPV's or specials)
Most Disgusting Promotional Tactic - So most tasteless, tactless disgusting tactic a promotion has used
Worst Television Show - Worst wrestling TV show for the year from any promotion
Worst Match of the Year - Worst wrestling match of the year from any promotion
Worst Feud of the year - Worst feud from any promotion for the year
Worst Promotion of the Year - The promotion you feel has performed the worst out of any promotion
Worst Gimmick - Act with the worst gimmick of the year
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,275

Re: 2019 RealGM Pro Wrestling Awards 

Post#2 » by jakecronus8 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:18 pm

Wrestler of the year - Seth Rollins: Beat Lesnar in probably my favorite match on the mania card. Most polarizing figure in wrestling and took over the Cena/Roman role as the premier focus of the marks. The whole, ‘turn heels so I can cheer you!’ spot.

Most outstanding wrestler - A.J. Styles: never been a big styles guy overall but from an in ring product standpoint he’s likely my choice until the day he retires.

Feud of the Year - Kofi/Bryan: Beautifully executed with the perfect pair of players to execute it. Historic moment at Mania and was awesome to see one do the genuine good guys in the game get his moment.

Tag Team of the Year - Luchasaurus and Jungle Boy: They are the epitome of what a tag team should be and Luchasaurus (with a different gimmick) is a potential face of the company type guy for AEW.

Most improved wrestler - Roman Reigns: he is just becoming a master of the big match. Anyone that still claims at this point that he’s not a great wrestler does not understand wrestling.

Best on Interviews - Sami Zayn: I love him as a wrestler but I can’t lie that he’s a perfect manager too. Conviction in everything he says.

Most Charismatic- Chris Jericho: Hes top 5-10 all times when it comes to natural charisma.

Best Technical Wrestler - I don’t have an answer. The era of guys that just have technical wrestling as their niche is over.

Best Brawler - WALTER: Just an absolute unit.

Best High-Flyer/Luchador - Ricochet: He and Rey Mysterio 96-98 are probably the two best ever.

Most Underrated- Pete Dunne: Most unique wrestler from so many standpoints.

Promotion of the Year - NXT: Theyve never had a bad ppv/takeover show.

Best TV Show - Backstage is the newest but certainly the most consistently entertaining show.

Match of the Year - Elimination Chamber Match

Rookie of the Year - This one confused me.

Best Non-Wrestler - Brock Lesnar. 8-) In all seriousness, Orange Cassidy has won me over. Yes it’s a kayfabe Murderer but similar to MizDow, he’s fully committed to it and it’s hilarious 100% of the time.

Best Commentator - Mauro Ranallo

Best Major Wrestling Show - Any of the Takeovers.

Best Booker - Haytch

Promoter of the Year -

Best Gimmick - I wanted to say Wyatt but it’s becoming more and more clear that besides the mask and FFFH pre tapes, he pretty much has the same gimmick of random attacks and non sensical promos. I’ll go Velveteen Dream even though he’s had a down year. Patrick seems like the type of guy that could make any gimmick work.

Worst Commentator- Jim Ross: I love JR but it’s beyond time to hang em up.

Most Overrated - Adam Cole: I know I’ll take heat for this but he’s an amazing in ring performer that I just don’t generally care about.

Worst Major Wrestling Show - Survivor Series: will be the perennial winner as long as the brand split is a thing. Completely meaningless house show.

Most Disgusting Promotional Tactic - The Rusev/Lana cuck thing with Lashley. Turn off the tv heat.

Worst Television Show - AEW Dynamite: Im sorry. I just can’t get into weekly televised Indy shows with a budget.

Worst Match of the Year - Rollins/Wyatt from Saudi Blood money show: definition of tone deaf booking.

Worst Feud of the year - Rusev/Lashley: No one wanted it or cares about it.

Worst Promotion of the Year - AEW: hard because the only two I really somewhat follow are this and wwe but needless to say I’m disappointed with the product they’ve put out and I don’t think they’re long for this world.

Worst Gimmick - Rowan and his ‘what’s in the cage’ gimmick. Zero chance this doesn’t end up as a complete groan inducing dud.
Do it for Chuck

Return to Pro Wrestling