WWE Backlash Discussion

Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

iMoreland
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,946

Re: WWE Backlash Discussion 

Post#21 » by iMoreland » Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:21 am

Dominater wrote:Who was the huge black guy in the ninja suit? I would say moose, but as far as I know he's still with Impact. Plus this guy looked taller than Moose

Jordan Omogbehin. 7'3" and still in developmental.
The_Brecht
Starter
And1: 903

Post#22 » by The_Brecht » Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:56 am

Dominater wrote:Who was the huge black guy in the ninja suit? I would say moose, but as far as I know he's still with Impact. Plus this guy looked taller than Moose

Titus?
West-Flemish for behinners:

- Dust means thirsty.
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,550

Post#23 » by Dominator83 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:58 am

The_Brecht wrote:

Titus?

No. This guys got more size. And Moreland revealed in a post above
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
The_Brecht
Starter
And1: 903

Post#24 » by The_Brecht » Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:59 am

What is it with this company and screwy finishes?

It ruined a great match between Lashley and Drew.
Asuka should've went over clean.
West-Flemish for behinners:

- Dust means thirsty.
improper
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,405

Post#25 » by improper » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:59 am

By the way, the comment about Orton was meant as a joke because, for the past six or seven years since I've started watching wrestling again, he's been one of the most boring guys in the business and has been far more likely to put on an all time bad match (House of Horrors) than any kind of classic.

I haven't seen last night's match so I can't comment on it, but the only recent Orton match I can remember for being notably enjoyable was his 'Mania match with Rollins, and I honestly don't remember if that was actually a good match on the whole or if it just had an amazing finish.
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,926

Post#26 » by tugs » Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:09 pm

The_Brecht wrote:What is it with this company and screwy finishes?

It ruined a great match between Lashley and Drew.
Asuka should've went over clean.
Lashley-Drew I'm ok with. Both men looked strong, especially Lashley. That's how you book it. A diabolical heel that has a solid pre-match plan to weaken the champ and seemed like he was about to go over, and a relentless champion that won't go away easily, surviving the attack.

Super pissed with Asuka-Nia though. They're protection Nia so much it's annoying
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,275

Post#27 » by jakecronus8 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:10 pm

Im quite surprised by the amount of praise that main event is getting from last night. Everyone has their own tastes but certainly not mine. Spamming finishers and near falls makes each preceding spot mean less and less and one of the most overused tropes in wrestling. The cutaways to the paid talents with “OMG” looks on their faces started to get a bit redundant too. First show I’ve watched since mania in more than a glance up every now and then sense. Wrestling is becoming a parody of itself. Sad times. They (both wwe and aew) need a catalyst.
Do it for Chuck
Amare_1_Knicks
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,294

Post#28 » by Amare_1_Knicks » Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:14 pm

What did everyone think about the piped in chants/crowd noise ?
improper
Lead Assistant

Post#29 » by improper » Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:45 pm

Amare_1_Knicks wrote:What did everyone think about the piped in chants/crowd noise ?

I mean they've been doing that for years to pretend Roman Reigns was over. :lol:
Scott Hall
RealGM
And1: 62,605

Post#30 » by Scott Hall » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:12 pm

jakecronus8 wrote:Im quite surprised by the amount of praise that main event is getting from last night. Everyone has their own tastes but certainly not mine. Spamming finishers and near falls makes each preceding spot mean less and less and one of the most overused tropes in wrestling. The cutaways to the paid talents with “OMG” looks on their faces started to get a bit redundant too. First show I’ve watched since mania in more than a glance up every now and then sense. Wrestling is becoming a parody of itself. Sad times. They (both wwe and aew) need a catalyst.

Agreed... while adding people and noise does help a bit it just feels weird to me seeing NXT talent act like brain dead
marks putting over every single talent like they're the most over talent in the business. It's such a competitive business
that the NXT talent should be wanting those main roster spots not putting them over with over the top facial reactions
and constant chanting. Some of the NXT talent has no characters or TV time so now I'm gonna think of them or remember
them as the marks in the crowd during the pandemic. I wish they could use crew members for these roles instead.

Vince shot himself in the foot with this ridiculous marketing and now Edge is supposedly out 4-6 months because he was
trying to live up to unrealistic expectations. It was a solid match that I don't think I'll ever go back and watch again as I
agree about the spamming of the finishers and all the false finishes. Also Edge over sells with his facial expressions he always
has that scared bewildered look in his eyes.

I actually liked Lashey vs. Drew and Styles vs. Daniel Bryan from Smackdown better then the GOAT match ever
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,550

Post#31 » by Dominator83 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:14 am

Scott Hall wrote:
jakecronus8 wrote:Im quite surprised by the amount of praise that main event is getting from last night. Everyone has their own tastes but certainly not mine. Spamming finishers and near falls makes each preceding spot mean less and less and one of the most overused tropes in wrestling. The cutaways to the paid talents with “OMG” looks on their faces started to get a bit redundant too. First show I’ve watched since mania in more than a glance up every now and then sense. Wrestling is becoming a parody of itself. Sad times. They (both wwe and aew) need a catalyst.

Agreed... while adding people and noise does help a bit it just feels weird to me seeing NXT talent act like brain dead
marks putting over every single talent like they're the most over talent in the business. It's such a competitive business
that the NXT talent should be wanting those main roster spots not putting them over with over the top facial reactions
and constant chanting. Some of the NXT talent has no characters or TV time so now I'm gonna think of them or remember
them as the marks in the crowd during the pandemic. I wish they could use crew members for these roles instead.

Vince shot himself in the foot with this ridiculous marketing and now Edge is supposedly out 4-6 months because he was
trying to live up to unrealistic expectations. It was a solid match that I don't think I'll ever go back and watch again as I
agree about the spamming of the finishers and all the false finishes. Also Edge over sells with his facial expressions he always
has that scared bewildered look in his eyes.

I actually liked Lashey vs. Drew and Styles vs. Daniel Bryan from Smackdown better then the GOAT match ever

I can totally see them having earpieces on with Vince yelling in their ears "MARK OUT DAMMIT"
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,863

Post#32 » by Stanford » Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:03 am

Wasn't the Edge-Orton match just a meta comment on what The Greatest Wrestling Match Ever ostensibly might look like? I.e., slightly too long, spamming finishers for the second half of the match, dramatic pauses and camera shots of exhausted faces? That's how it struck me.
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#33 » by Spens1 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:46 am

Stanford wrote:Wasn't the Edge-Orton match just a meta comment on what The Greatest Wrestling Match Ever ostensibly might look like? I.e., slightly too long, spamming finishers for the second half of the match, dramatic pauses and camera shots of exhausted faces? That's how it struck me.

At least that seems to be the WWE intepretation (I mean the style just leads to a minimum of about 3 finishers for every big PPV match).

I mean it was a good match but yeah, it was far too long (easily could have been 20-25 minutes).
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,863

Post#34 » by Stanford » Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:06 am

Right, but I thought self parody was the point.
improper
Lead Assistant

Post#35 » by improper » Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:57 am

Stanford wrote:Right, but I thought self parody was the point.

Is WWE really in a position to self-parody when their product has been garbage for a decade now?

Return to Pro Wrestling