Impact Slammiversary 2020 Discussion

Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

Scott Hall
RealGM
And1: 62,605

Impact Slammiversary 2020 Discussion 

Post#1 » by Scott Hall » Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:46 am

Impact doesn't get a lot of love around here but Slammiversary is like the SummerSlam or even Wrestlemania
of the TNA/Impact calendar. And this years show is the most hyped and buzz worthy PPV they maybe have ever
had certainly not since the AJ Styles/Kurt Angle/Sting era.

The PPV is tomorrow (Saturday Night) and they have some big news to make official on the eve of the PPV.
Many surprises have been teased so far from Bubba Ray Dudley, James Storm, EC3, Rusev, Mike and Maria,
Eric Young etc etc

Read on Twitter
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,555

Re: Impact Slammiversary 2020 Discussion 

Post#2 » by Dominator83 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:17 am

I'm ordering it. I think it will be a great show. Will blow away WWE on Sunday no doubt.

Here it's on Tuesday night's on AXS tv. And I've been pretty consistent about watching it most weeks. And it's low key rock solid. I'll watch that over Raw/SD any day of the week
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
Scott Hall
RealGM

Post#3 » by Scott Hall » Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:23 am

Dominater wrote:I'm ordering it. I think it will be a great show. Will blow away WWE on Sunday no doubt.

Here it's on Tuesday night's on AXS tv. And I've been pretty consistent about watching it most weeks

Yeah this might be the most important PPV in their 18 year history. If they deliver on a lot of the teases
they might get back on the map in the wrestling world.

Who do you predict is gonna show up? What match are you looking forward to the most?
Dominator83
RealGM

Post#4 » by Dominator83 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:32 am

Scott Hall wrote:
Dominater wrote:I'm ordering it. I think it will be a great show. Will blow away WWE on Sunday no doubt.

Here it's on Tuesday night's on AXS tv. And I've been pretty consistent about watching it most weeks

Yeah this might be the most important PPV in their 18 year history. If they deliver on a lot of the teases

Who do you predict is gonna show up? What match are you looking forward to the most?

Well, I think they know full well that if they're gonna tease, they better please!

Besides the now confirmed good brothers, we should see Eric young, The miracle Mike Bennett, and EC3. I hope EC3 is the 4th man in the title match.

Especially in the cases of EC3 and Bennett, WWE and their awful booking did them dirty. They consistently manage to do less with more, while places like Impact and AEW always get more out of less.

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
Scott Hall
RealGM

Post#5 » by Scott Hall » Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:25 am

Dominater wrote:
Scott Hall wrote:

Well, I think they know full well that if they're gonna tease, they better please!

Besides the now confirmed good brothers, we should see Eric young, The miracle Mike Bennett, and EC3. I hope EC3 is the 4th man in the title match.

Especially in the cases of EC3 and Bennett, WWE and their awful booking did them dirty. They consistently manage to do less with more, while places like Impact and AEW always get more out of less.

I hope so would be pretty happy for Impact they've been through so much the last few years (or decade). Some people
forget not only did they lose Tessa, Elgin, Crist and Ryan lately but they've had AEW and NXT raid half their roster in
the last year or so.

Every time Calis and D'Amore get some momentum they face some major setbacks. I still don't get why AEW wouldn't
sign a majority of these Free Agents especially when they still have a lot of Indy Junk and they're a first year company
trying to build up a credible roster.
Dominator83
RealGM

Post#6 » by Dominator83 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:17 am

Scott Hall wrote:
Dominater wrote:
Scott Hall wrote:

I hope so would be pretty happy for Impact they've been through so much the last few years (or decade). Some people
forget not only did they lose Tessa, Elgin, Crist and Ryan lately but they've had AEW and NXT raid half their roster in
the last year or so.

Every time Calis and D'Amore get some momentum they face some major setbacks. I still don't get why AEW wouldn't
sign a majority of these Free Agents especially when they still have a lot of Indy Junk and they're a first year company
trying to build up a credible roster.

I sure hope this Covid shite didn't end this, but here in Chicago we have 2 different local promotions (AAW and Warrior wrestling) that consistently feature impact talent. Man I hope business resumes as usual

Scott Hall
RealGM

Post#7 » by Scott Hall » Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:03 pm

Read on Twitter
Scott Hall
RealGM

Post#8 » by Scott Hall » Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:10 am

Read on Twitter
Scott Hall
RealGM

Post#9 » by Scott Hall » Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:15 am

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Scott Hall
RealGM

Post#10 » by Scott Hall » Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:43 am

Read on Twitter
Scott Hall
RealGM

Post#11 » by Scott Hall » Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:29 am

Read on Twitter
Scott Hall
RealGM

Post#12 » by Scott Hall » Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:00 am

Read on Twitter
Dominator83
RealGM

Post#13 » by Dominator83 » Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:01 am

Love how they ended the show with that EC3 promo

Scott Hall
RealGM

Post#14 » by Scott Hall » Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:04 am

Read on Twitter
RonMexico915
Sophomore
And1: 50

Post#15 » by RonMexico915 » Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:17 am

Mike and Maria Bennett are going to be on the ROH podcast on Monday, so I doubt they’ll be showing up in Impact anytime soon.
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#16 » by Spens1 » Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:09 pm

I enjoyed most of the show, one major complaint. Josh Matthews may actually be worse than Micheal Cole. I didn't know it was possible but here we are. He was a detriment to the show and made the show so much worse in every conceivable way. Obviously always got love for Callis but without a guy as good as Kevin Kelly as the play by play, he suffers as well. They need to find a way to bring in a really good play by play commentator to replace Matthews, but I do realise that's hard to find (that's one of the few last pieces they need, they can have all the young talent in the world, but if the commentary sucks, its going to be a constant drain)

Also EY being one of the surprises in the main event was underwhelming (but i guess it is peak TNA), this is coming from someone who actually used to watch TNA and saw his run and whilst it was nice to see him, lets face it I was Hoping for EC3 or someone who is a bit better.

I will say, Chris Bey looks like a star, I'm amazed AEW didn't decide to lock him up under contract after he went on dark but there loss is Impact's gain, as is, he's a really good heel and can only get better honestly.

I like Ace Austin a lot and he can absolutely be a long term star for the company going forward. Eddie Edwards on the other hand...... his look absolutely sucks and he's gotten worse in the ring which is a shame cause he used to be incredibly good there.

I love Moose as well (though the hardcore match is a bit confusing without a crowd, especially the way impact set it up where it was like a library).

Return to Pro Wrestling