Greatest Wrestlemania

Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

spykelee
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,756

Greatest Wrestlemania 

Post#1 » by spykelee » Fri Dec 25, 2020 7:18 pm

I'm watching 30 on TV at the moment and although I already thought this, I think this is the greatest wrestlemania ever. The build alone and climax for Bryan is the best I've ever seen. The streak ending producing a crowd reaction I've never ever seen or felt in my years of watching any sport. I feel like those two matches alone make this the greatest ever

Of course there is plenty of classic matches along the way. Rock and Hogan. Austin and Bret, warrior and Hogan, Hogan and Andre, and savage n steamboat etc. What would you guys say is the immortal wrestlemania?

Sent from my SM-N975W using RealGM mobile app
Coach Smiley
Assistant Coach
And1: 980

Re: Greatest Wrestlemania 

Post#2 » by Coach Smiley » Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:21 pm

I think 90% of fans would say 17 is the best ever, a lot of mania's have 1 or 2 gems but for great cards top to bottom I will add 14, 19 and 20.
Scott Hall
RealGM
And1: 62,605

Post#3 » by Scott Hall » Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:01 am

WM 30 as well as WM 31 were probably the last best WM's and the best ones of the modern era. Even though I was
5th row at WM 18 and should be biased it really was a 2 match show with Rock vs. Hogan (which almost propels the event
all by itself to legendary) and Undertaker vs. Flair with some fun backstage moments with the Hardcore Tittle.

Sad thing is there really isn't that many Wrestlemanias to choose from a lot of them were built around the Main Event
and had rushed undercards with Vince trying to get as many people on the show as possible. Also sometimes a match
that looks good on paper doesn't translate as the performers just don't have great chemistry on that night or are pressed
for time.

So I'd say it's between WM 17 and WM 19.... Both had great builds have legendary matches hardly any boring points and
even had great theme songs and backstage segments.

WM 24 was really solid as well with HBK vs. Flair, Edge vs. Taker, Big Show vs. Floyd Mayweather, CM Punk winning a
good ladder match and JBL vs. Finlay and Batista vs. Umaga were fun hard hitting matches that were fast paced.

I also think WM 10, 12, 14 and 21 are really solid but get hurt with their ranking all time for being in arenas and not
Domes or Stadiums.

And I'll always love any WM from 1-9 but that's just me growing up in the Golden Era and still loving those rosters
and characters. WM 3 is always gonna be legendary for what it meant for the business and Hogan vs. Warrior from WM 6
is still one of the most iconic matches of all time but the rest of the matches on the card fell flat. WM 7 is my favorite
from that time period Hogan vs. Slaughter, Warrior vs. Savage, beginning of Takers streak, the Blindfold match with
Jake vs. Martel, Virgil getting revenge on Dibiase and the Nasty Boys vs. Hart Foundation was decent.

But everything considered it really is a 2 horse race between WM 17 vs. WM 19 with WM 3 being put in it's own
unique category.
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,275

Post#4 » by jakecronus8 » Mon Jan 4, 2021 3:09 pm

30 for the modern era. 17 for the attitude/MNW era. 3 for the classic era.
Do it for Chuck
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,549

Post#5 » by Dominator83 » Wed Jan 6, 2021 10:43 am

Scott Hall wrote:WM 30 as well as WM 31 were probably the last best WM's and the best ones of the modern era. Even though I was
5th row at WM 18 and should be biased it really was a 2 match show with Rock vs. Hogan (which almost propels the event
all by itself to legendary) and Undertaker vs. Flair with some fun backstage moments with the Hardcore Tittle.

Sad thing is there really isn't that many Wrestlemanias to choose from a lot of them were built around the Main Event
and had rushed undercards with Vince trying to get as many people on the show as possible. Also sometimes a match
that looks good on paper doesn't translate as the performers just don't have great chemistry on that night or are pressed
for time.

So I'd say it's between WM 17 and WM 19.... Both had great builds have legendary matches hardly any boring points and
even had great theme songs and backstage segments.

WM 24 was really solid as well with HBK vs. Flair, Edge vs. Taker, Big Show vs. Floyd Mayweather, CM Punk winning a
good ladder match and JBL vs. Finlay and Batista vs. Umaga were fun hard hitting matches that were fast paced.

I also think WM 10, 12, 14 and 21 are really solid but get hurt with their ranking all time for being in arenas and not
Domes or Stadiums.

And I'll always love any WM from 1-9 but that's just me growing up in the Golden Era and still loving those rosters
and characters. WM 3 is always gonna be legendary for what it meant for the business and Hogan vs. Warrior from WM 6
is still one of the most iconic matches of all time but the rest of the matches on the card fell flat. WM 7 is my favorite
from that time period Hogan vs. Slaughter, Warrior vs. Savage, beginning of Takers streak, the Blindfold match with
Jake vs. Martel, Virgil getting revenge on Dibiase and the Nasty Boys vs. Hart Foundation was decent.

But everything considered it really is a 2 horse race between WM 17 vs. WM 19 with WM 3 being put in it's own
unique category.

I'm with you here. X-7 was great. I think 10 is low-key right there with it. 10 was great from top to bottom. 14 and 18 belong in the discussion. 21 was good imo. Mysterio vs Eddie, Taker/Orton, first ever MITB match, Michaels vs Angle was truly awesome, Cena and Batista getting their 1st ever heavyweight belts (love them or hate them they were worthy)
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
prolific passer
Analyst
And1: 1,272

Post#6 » by prolific passer » Thu Jan 7, 2021 3:33 am

Imo. 17-21 was the best stretch of wrestlemanias the wwf/e ever had. Some might add 22 to that but I just didn't get the feel from it like the previous ones I stated. 23 was when it started to go downhill for me.
Amare_1_Knicks
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,294

Post#7 » by Amare_1_Knicks » Thu Jan 7, 2021 3:39 am

18,19, and 20 were a really strong stretch of great wrestlemanias, to me. Then wrestlemania 30
Is probably the next really great one.

2012 was pretty great too with the Rock Cena ME and the Taker/HBK HIAC.
prolific passer
Analyst
And1: 1,272

Post#8 » by prolific passer » Thu Jan 7, 2021 4:17 am

You have those bridge wrestlemanias like 9, 13, and 18.
9 was the bridge of the golden era and new generation.
13 new generation and attitude
18 attitude and ruthless aggression

8 could have been better if it was booked like it was supposed to be booked with Flair/Hogan, Roberts/Savage, and Sid/Taker to go along with Hart/Piper. Too bad Andre wasn't healthy enough for 7 and/or 8.

Return to Pro Wrestling