United States Championship: Damian Priest (c) vs Jeff Hardy vs Sheamus

SmackDown Tag Team Championship: The Uso's (c) vs The Street Profits

AJ Styles, Bobby Lashley, and Omos vs The New Day
Amare_1_Knicks
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,294

Re: WWE Extreme Rules Discussion 

Post#2 » by Amare_1_Knicks » Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:52 am

AJ/Lashley/Omos vs The New Day was a solid opening match. Crowd was into it, had some cool spots, and Big E went over Lashley to try to further cement him as a main eventer, while continuing his program with Lashley. I’m not a fan of his expressions/gesturing and etc but I don’t dislike him.

Becky Lynch looks incredibly thin. She’s lost so much weight, and she was never a BIG girl or anything.

Street Profits vs Usos. Each of the street profits wear gear that is unflattering for them. Ford is a sensational athlete, but not a great worker. His frog splash may rival RVD’s from back in the day, but he needs to work on keeping everyone with him up until that point. The frog splash should be the cherry on top, after he’s put on a compelling and interesting match (I just say that because I think he has some real potential). But incidentally, this match was pretty good and picked up toward the end with the false finishes.
Amare_1_Knicks
Lead Assistant

Post#3 » by Amare_1_Knicks » Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:49 am

Two things about WWE : they love some supernatural ****, and they LOVE that red lighting.
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,555

Post#4 » by Dominator83 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:50 am

Awful, awful finish
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,275

Post#5 » by jakecronus8 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:29 am

Phenomenal show up and down that was ruined by the last two minutes of the main event. That was some WCW dungeon of doom stuff, followed by a mechanical “malfunction” that didn’t make any physical sense.
Do it for Chuck
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,555

Post#6 » by Dominator83 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:50 am

jakecronus8 wrote:Phenomenal show up and down that was ruined by the last two minutes of the main event. That was some WCW dungeon of doom stuff, followed by a mechanical “malfunction” that didn’t make any physical sense.

Shockmaster-esque
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,926

Post#7 » by tugs » Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:10 am

When the red lights turned on immediately thought, "Welp, this is gonna be The Fiend vs Goldberg now"

Wonder what Balór is thinking now
Amare_1_Knicks
Lead Assistant

Post#8 » by Amare_1_Knicks » Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:33 pm

All in all, it was a solid B level PPV. The matches were solid, I think the right talent went over, and Sasha Banks coming back was a good surprise. Some random notes:

Charlotte may have the perfect female wrestler aesthetic. The way she looked last night — beautiful but also like an athlete/wrestler, and then she carries herself like a star. The facial expressions, the way she works, her mannerisms — all phenomenal.

The main event was a good match with a questionable ending. With that being said, it does manage to keep both guys strong going forward. Finn looks like he would’ve won it and beat Roman if the rope didn’t inexplicably snap when he was about to go for it. And I must admit there was something very compelling about playing his music when he was resurrected or whatever. But yeah, he gets an out of some sort here, and Roman leaves with his title, while subliminally looking like a lucky/**** heel(almost) that wouldn’t have won if not for that stroke of luck.
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,275

Post#9 » by jakecronus8 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:40 pm

Last time this happened was Yokozuna back in 96, so I do love that they waited to use the rope breaking spot on the lightest guy on the roster. Makes sense.
Do it for Chuck
tugs
RealGM

Post#10 » by tugs » Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:50 pm

jakecronus8 wrote:Last time this happened was Yokozuna back in 96, so I do love that they waited to use the rope breaking spot on the lightest guy on the roster. Makes sense.
Well, y'know, Finn probably has The Demon sitting on his shoulders ala the movie Shutter
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#11 » by Ruzious » Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:25 pm

Amare_1_Knicks wrote:AJ/Lashley/Omos vs The New Day was a solid opening match. Crowd was into it, had some cool spots, and Big E went over Lashley to try to further cement him as a main eventer, while continuing his program with Lashley. I’m not a fan of his expressions/gesturing and etc but I don’t dislike him.

Becky Lynch looks incredibly thin. She’s lost so much weight, and she was never a BIG girl or anything.

Street Profits vs Usos. Each of the street profits wear gear that is unflattering for them. Ford is a sensational athlete, but not a great worker. His frog splash may rival RVD’s from back in the day, but he needs to work on keeping everyone with him up until that point. The frog splash should be the cherry on top, after he’s put on a compelling and interesting match (I just say that because I think he has some real potential). But incidentally, this match was pretty good and picked up toward the end with the false finishes.

Hmm, I didn't get that impression with Becky. I think she's still a little bigger than the average WWE female rassler.

And I think folks continue to underrate Ford. Granted, he's not a completed product, and his style and personality isn't for everyone, but I enjoy it, and I thought he was spectacular last night.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
tugs
RealGM

Post#12 » by tugs » Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:36 am

Charlotte is too perfect right now. No one is currently built to match up with her than maybe Bianca, Franky, and Racquel
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#13 » by Ruzious » Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:25 pm

tugs wrote:Charlotte is too perfect right now. No one is currently built to match up with her than maybe Bianca, Franky, and Racquel

Really? She just got an excellent match out of Alexa Bliss - who hadn't had a good match in a long time.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,535

Post#14 » by Dr Positivity » Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:58 am

A little late but I enjoyed this PPV other than Vince taking a dump on the carpet at the end.

- 6 man tag was about expected but good, and Lashley promo after was old school sh*t

- Usos and Street Profits really surprised me since I expected it to just be a filler cool down match, one of Street Profits best matches

- Charlotte and Alexa was also surprisingly good considering I'm not a big fan of the latter in the ring and the Lily destroying thing worked. This was a feud that was really made by having their great promo on Lily's Playground, good job to both since it could've just been a filler feud for Charlotte.

- US title I wasn't super invested going in, but fast paced and good work all around I guess

- Bianca and Becky was slow ish but ended up being solid, Becky's heel psychology was good, I think she did her job. Not a fan of the non ending.

- The Reigns and Balor match maybe had a little bit too much Demon as a comedy character silliness even before the ending. Reigns looked like a Bane like bada*s in the mask but not sure it fit, maybe do that move on a SD match instead. Demon pump up would've been cool if he won, but then ending rivalling Ambrose gets electrocuted or Rollins and Fiend HIAC for facepalm decisions. Maybe if they foreshadowed it more, idk maybe even having Otis have a piss break match or something.

Edit - I forgot Liv/Carmella was actually good!

Return to Pro Wrestling