More Releases!

Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

Scott Hall
RealGM
And1: 62,605

More Releases! 

Post#1 » by Scott Hall » Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:45 am

Might as well start a releases thread since it has become a regular occurrence in WWE

Read on Twitter
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,549

Re: More Releases! 

Post#2 » by Dominator83 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:08 am

Yikes
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
Scott Hall
RealGM

Post#3 » by Scott Hall » Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:15 am

Read on Twitter
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,549

Post#4 » by Dominator83 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:28 am

Scott Hall wrote:
Read on Twitter

Some of those are just plain dumb. But quite a few just goes to show that their product has been WAY too oversaturated
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
Scott Hall
RealGM

Post#5 » by Scott Hall » Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:10 am

Read on Twitter
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,523

Post#6 » by Dr Positivity » Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:11 am

I'm a couple months behind on the show overall right now but holy fuuk.

Releasing some of the women make sense since how many times can the same ones face the 4HW and there are NXT replacements, yet some people like Dana Brooke, Mandy, Naomi, Natty and Tamina still here
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#7 » by WRau1 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:41 am

Dr Positivity wrote:I'm a couple months behind on the show overall right now but holy fuuk.

Releasing some of the women make sense since how many times can the same ones face the 4HW and there are NXT replacements, yet some people like Dana Brooke, Mandy, Naomi, Natty and Tamina still here

Nothing wrong with Naomi, Mandy, Natty and Tamina. Especially Mandy Rose, she's getting pushed to the moon.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
Dr Positivity
RealGM

Post#8 » by Dr Positivity » Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:57 am

WRau1 wrote:
Dr Positivity wrote:I'm a couple months behind on the show overall right now but holy fuuk.

Nothing wrong with Naomi, Mandy, Natty and Tamina. Especially Mandy Rose, she's getting pushed to the moon.

Well Vince might put her in a relationship story with Grimes I guess

Naomi/Natty/Tamina are good hands but they've been around long enough that there's no upside at this point, I'd rather they just give some of their spots to some NXT call ups and hope one of them breaks out. Mandy I guess they could try to change her character or something but I don't really see it.
WRau1
RealGM

Post#9 » by WRau1 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:06 pm

Dr Positivity wrote:
WRau1 wrote:

Naomi/Natty/Tamina are good hands but they've been around long enough that there's no upside at this point, I'd rather they just give some of their spots to some NXT call ups and hope one of them breaks out. Mandy I guess they could try to change her character or something but I don't really see it.

Are we talking about the same Mandy? As in Mandy Rose, the current NXT women's champion? Mandy and her faction are pretty much the best part of current NXT. Naomi has gotten over whenever she has been given a chance to. Tamina is one of only a few in the world her size that can actually wrestle, she is just lacking in everything else. Natty is one of the best womens wrestlers alive, every roster can use someone with her skills and experience. I understand the want to push younger people but you need others to help get them over.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#10 » by Ruzious » Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:23 pm

WRau1 wrote:
Dr Positivity wrote:
WRau1 wrote:

Are we talking about the same Mandy? As in Mandy Rose, the current NXT women's champion? Mandy and her faction are pretty much the best part of current NXT. Naomi has gotten over whenever she has been given a chance to. Tamina is one of only a few in the world her size that can actually wrestle, she is just lacking in everything else. Natty is one of the best womens wrestlers alive, every roster can use someone with her skills and experience. I understand the want to push younger people but you need others to help get them over.

Mandy isn't terrible, but she's not good, and the fact that she's champ in NXT is one of the many things that show us how badly their NXT product has fallen. I can't get over the fact that they've intentionally destroyed so much of the value that NXT had.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
WRau1
RealGM

Post#11 » by WRau1 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:24 pm

Ruzious wrote:
WRau1 wrote:
Dr Positivity wrote:

Mandy isn't terrible, but she's not good, and the fact that she's champ in NXT is one of the many things that show us how badly their NXT product has fallen. I can't get over the fact that they've intentionally destroyed so much of the value that NXT had.

Completely disagree, I can't think of a single female wrestler that has improved more than her from where she started to what she is now, except maybe Nikki Bella.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#12 » by Ruzious » Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:42 pm

WRau1 wrote:
Ruzious wrote:
WRau1 wrote:

Completely disagree, I can't think of a single female wrestler that has improved more than her from where she started to what she is now, except maybe Nikki Bella.

Well, considering how awful they both were when they started, it's not hard to dramatically improve. Kudos to them for not remaining terrible. They strived for mediocrity and achieved it, by golly!
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
WRau1
RealGM

Post#13 » by WRau1 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:45 pm

Ruzious wrote:
WRau1 wrote:
Ruzious wrote:Mandy isn't terrible, but she's not good, and the fact that she's champ in NXT is one of the many things that show us how badly their NXT product has fallen. I can't get over the fact that they've intentionally destroyed so much of the value that NXT had.

Well, considering how awful they both were when they started, it's not hard to dramatically improve. Kudos to them for not remaining terrible. They strived for mediocrity and achieved it, by golly!

Nikki Bella was wildly considered one of the better in-ring women in the WWE when she had to walk away so I don't really know what your mediocrity comment is about.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#14 » by Ruzious » Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:52 pm

WRau1 wrote:
Ruzious wrote:
WRau1 wrote:

Nikki Bella was wildly considered one of the better in-ring women in the WWE when she had to walk away so I don't really know what your mediocrity comment is about.

My opinion, which I value :), is she improved from terrible to mediocre - and was never more than mediocre.
Dr Positivity
RealGM

Post#15 » by Dr Positivity » Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:03 pm

WRau1 wrote:
Dr Positivity wrote:
WRau1 wrote:

I'm behind so I didn't know she was champion, but still, they gave tag titles to Breezango when they went back too and it didn't do them that much good

Best time for Mandy singles career to break out was after beating Sonya at Summerslam. Not sure it can happen on main roster if it didn't then.
improper
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,405

Post#16 » by improper » Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:01 am

I'm sorry, but Natty being one of the best hands in the world is an insane comment. She's adequate at best, and completely uninteresting as a character. She used to be one of the best performers back when most of the women in WWE were glorified swimsuit models that got basic wrestling training, but now they have a lot of legitimately good talent and Natty isn't anywhere close to that level at this point in time. I can't even remember the last time I was interested in one of her matches. To pretend she's on the same level as Becky, Charlotte, Sasha, Asuka, etc. is ridiculous.

I don't think she'd even crack the top twenty just in WWE right now, and she's miles from being one of the best in the world.
WRau1
RealGM

Post#17 » by WRau1 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:50 am

improper wrote:I'm sorry, but Natty being one of the best hands in the world is an insane comment. She's adequate at best, and completely uninteresting as a character. She used to be one of the best performers back when most of the women in WWE were glorified swimsuit models that got basic wrestling training, but now they have a lot of legitimately good talent and Natty isn't anywhere close to that level at this point in time. I can't even remember the last time I was interested in one of her matches. To pretend she's on the same level as Becky, Charlotte, Sasha, Asuka, etc. is ridiculous.

I don't think she'd even crack the top twenty just in WWE right now, and she's miles from being one of the best in the world.

You thinking it's insane doesn't make it any less true. She's far and away one of the best workers in the business and there are multiple interviews w/ today's stars from all over that will say the same thing. One google search will return countless articles, lists, interviews, forums that say the same thing.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
improper
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,405

Post#18 » by improper » Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:56 pm

WRau1 wrote:You thinking it's insane doesn't make it any less true. She's far and away one of the best workers in the business and there are multiple interviews w/ today's stars from all over that will say the same thing. One google search will return countless articles, lists, interviews, forums that say the same thing.

Who in WWE is she better than, at least of the top female performers? She's not fit to hold Asuka's jock as a worker, and Asuka is ten times better on the mic too despite not speaking English. She's definitely not better than Sasha, Bailey, Charlotte, Bianca, Candace, Becky, Rhea, Nikki Cross, Toni Storm, Baszler, Io...I could surely go on if I could remember anyone else on the WWE roster at this point.

That's twelve women right there, and those are just the ones I can remember. She's definitely not better than some of the recent releases either like Ruby and Taya.

And I'm not saying she sucks. I'm just saying that the quality of female performer in WWE has improved drastically in the last fifteen years and Natty has been left behind. There's a whole generation of female workers that are significantly better than she has ever been in the ring. She's now just an average worker with poor mic skills in a business filled with upper tier female talent.
WRau1
RealGM

Post#19 » by WRau1 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:12 pm

improper wrote:
WRau1 wrote:You thinking it's insane doesn't make it any less true. She's far and away one of the best workers in the business and there are multiple interviews w/ today's stars from all over that will say the same thing. One google search will return countless articles, lists, interviews, forums that say the same thing.

Who in WWE is she better than, at least of the top female performers? She's not fit to hold Asuka's jock as a worker, and Asuka is ten times better on the mic too despite not speaking English. She's definitely not better than Sasha, Bailey, Charlotte, Bianca, Candace, Becky, Rhea, Nikki Cross, Toni Storm, Baszler, Io...I could surely go on if I could remember anyone else on the WWE roster at this point.

That's twelve women right there, and those are just the ones I can remember. She's definitely not better than some of the recent releases either like Ruby and Taya.

And I'm not saying she sucks. I'm just saying that the quality of female performer in WWE has improved drastically in the last fifteen years and Natty has been left behind. There's a whole generation of female workers that are significantly better than she has ever been in the ring. She's now just an average worker with poor mic skills in a business filled with upper tier female talent.

We can agree to disagree because some of those names are completely laughable as far as in-ring (which is what this is about) goes.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,758

Post#20 » by Texas Chuck » Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:31 pm

Yeah Natty is boring as hell, but she can definitely work. She's also considered maybe the safest worker in the women's division and so a great partner for up and comers to work with. These people are never getting over but definitely serve a purpose on a roster.

And as a reminder if everyone is a star, then nobody is.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.

Return to Pro Wrestling