Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,565

Re: All Elite Wrestling Discussion II 

Post#161 » by Pharaoh » Mon Jun 26, 2023 4:14 am

Dominator83 wrote:
Pharaoh wrote:
Stanford wrote:
You think? I think Punk comes across as an unlikable guy. It's usually easy for root against those people.
He's easily dislikable

As he should be. That's the thing with a baby face - there should be something that you can dial up if you want to turn them.

Being a heel is easy - anyone can be the bad guy.

Getting people to buy you as the "good" guy is the hard part

Sent from my SM-G781B using RealGM Forums mobile app

Imagine if I tried to do a face turn around here, lol. I have no choice but to keep getting booed off the forums
Lol I remember you from years ago and don't consider you a heel

Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,588

Post#162 » by Dominator83 » Mon Jun 26, 2023 5:33 am

Pharaoh wrote:
Dominator83 wrote:
Pharaoh wrote:He's easily dislikable

As he should be. That's the thing with a baby face - there should be something that you can dial up if you want to turn them.

Being a heel is easy - anyone can be the bad guy.

Getting people to buy you as the "good" guy is the hard part

Imagine if I tried to do a face turn around here, lol. I have no choice but to keep getting booed off the forums
Lol I remember you from years ago and don't consider you a heel

Appreciate it!

Speaking of guys that are unproven as faces, I would like to see MJF try it some day. IMO if you wanna eventually be among the All time greats, you gotta prove you can play either role and do it well.
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
Scott Hall
RealGM
And1: 62,605

Post#163 » by Scott Hall » Fri Jun 30, 2023 7:18 am

Was at Collison and Forbidden Door this past weekend my first events since pre pandemic...

Might be biased but that was the best PPV I've seen since ECW One Night Stand 2005. The energy was off the
charts for both shows. On Saturday during Collision I was one of the people cheering for CM Punk the next night
I helped boo him out of the building haha :P

As for Omega vs. Osperay something happened that's never happened to me be before when Omega kicked out
of the One Winged Angel at 1 and started hulking up I jumped out of my seat and fell into the row directly behind me
where the people caught me and just held me in a hug position where we kept cheering.

I saw Rock vs. Hogan at WM 18 in the 5th row and FTR vs. D.I.Y. at NXT Takeover 2016 and this match is right up there
with them. Speaking of Rock vs. Hogan I felt bad for Jericho having to follow that again. The crowd was completely
burned out my voice was down to 10% and my hands were sore from all the clapping but I could still whistle lol. We did have
enough energy to sing "Judas" and "Final Countdown" for BD and there was some chants during that match.

Honestly not just one of the best Wrestling shows I've ever been to but also one of the most fun events I've ever
attended. AEW has been on fire lately and it's just gonna continue this summer.
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,735

Post#164 » by gambitx777 » Wed Jul 5, 2023 12:14 pm

I usually **** on AEW. They deserve it most of the time. But dude! Bullet club gold is just aces.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using RealGM mobile app
Dominator83
RealGM

Post#165 » by Dominator83 » Thu Jul 13, 2023 5:37 am

This Nick Wayne guy passed the smell test. He's got some skill

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#166 » by gambitx777 » Fri Jul 14, 2023 5:53 am

Dominator83 wrote:This Nick Wayne guy passed the smell test. He's got some skill
He's way too small and looks like he should be serving nachos at a movie theater. He should be somewhere In developmental and in a gym somewhere.

Flames24Rulz
Head Coach
And1: 343

Post#167 » by Flames24Rulz » Fri Jul 14, 2023 8:32 pm

The MJF/Cole stuff is the best non-Bloodline thing going on in all of wrestling rn. I know it's going to be short-lived, but I'm hoping they can stretch this out for a little bit longer.
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,046

Post#168 » by daoneandonly » Sat Jul 15, 2023 1:38 am

Flames24Rulz wrote:The MJF/Cole stuff is the best non-Bloodline thing going on in all of wrestling rn. I know it's going to be short-lived, but I'm hoping they can stretch this out for a little bit longer.

Almost anything MJF touches is gold. Best thing in prowrestling not involving the Bloodline
daoneandonly
RealGM

Post#169 » by daoneandonly » Sat Jul 15, 2023 1:39 am

gambitx777 wrote:
Dominator83 wrote:This Nick Wayne guy passed the smell test. He's got some skill
He's way too small and looks like he should be serving nachos at a movie theater. He should be somewhere In developmental and in a gym somewhere.

What does that make Rey Mysterio then? The guy had an awesome debut, no need to trash him because you hate AEW
Dominator83
RealGM

Post#170 » by Dominator83 » Sat Jul 15, 2023 8:23 am

daoneandonly wrote:
gambitx777 wrote:

What does that make Rey Mysterio then? The guy had an awesome debut, no need to trash him because you hate AEW

To add, he's 18 and already has undeniable talent in the ring. He will add some muscle as he goes on and gets better.

Pharaoh
RealGM

Post#171 » by Pharaoh » Mon Jul 17, 2023 2:50 am

Dominator83 wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:
gambitx777 wrote:He's way too small and looks like he should be serving nachos at a movie theater. He should be somewhere In developmental and in a gym somewhere.

To add, he's 18 and already has undeniable talent in the ring. He will add some muscle as he goes on and gets better.
It would be in Nick Wayne's & AEWs best interests to have him go to Japan or Impact or NWA or somewhere and build himself up - both physically and as a performer.

AEWs roster is too large, they can't find time for everyone on screen, the kid is likely to get lost in the shuffle.

Look what happened to Brian Pillman Jr!

Dude is now trying out for WWE despite having a "moment" in AEW and I presume plenty of supporters backstage.

gambitx777
General Manager

Post#172 » by gambitx777 » Mon Jul 17, 2023 10:37 am

daoneandonly wrote:
gambitx777 wrote:

Tall or not tall isn't the issue. Rey from day one was always shredded and looked like a man! Shot but built. This kid looks like he should be serving me nachos at a 7-11. They are gonna ruin this kid working a dangerous aew style before his body is ready if it ever is. Look at martin they wrecked him. Hook they book him so Bradley no one cares. Pullman Jr was wasted and watch the WWE is gonna make something out of that man!

Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,880

Post#173 » by Stanford » Mon Jul 17, 2023 12:41 pm

Bring back steroids
daoneandonly
RealGM

Post#174 » by daoneandonly » Mon Jul 17, 2023 1:06 pm

The thing with Pilman Jr was he's such a bad promo, he wasnt a good enough wrestler to make up for it
heatwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 13,147

Post#175 » by heatwillbeback » Mon Jul 17, 2023 5:27 pm

The 1 hour match with FTR vs Bullet Gold on Collision was just epic. All four guys went all out.
Pharaoh
RealGM

Post#176 » by Pharaoh » Tue Jul 18, 2023 1:22 am

daoneandonly wrote:The thing with Pilman Jr was he's such a bad promo, he wasnt a good enough wrestler to make up for it
Hopefully he goes to NXT and can learn how to cut a promo?

Took Roman forever to learn how to work the mic so anything is possible

daoneandonly
RealGM

Post#177 » by daoneandonly » Tue Jul 18, 2023 11:07 am

Pharaoh wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:The thing with Pilman Jr was he's such a bad promo, he wasnt a good enough wrestler to make up for it

Yea, but Im sure some of that was him having to say the words Vince wrote for him, now he can just be him
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#178 » by gambitx777 » Wed Jul 19, 2023 12:41 am

daoneandonly wrote:
Pharaoh wrote:

Yea, but Im sure some of that was him having to say the words Vince wrote for him, now he can just be him
The suckering sucatash moment was Roman lol you just get better at talking as you get older go look up 20 year old la knight or 20 year old Kenny or 20 year old stone cold. Talking just gets easier when you get older.

Dominator83
RealGM

Post#179 » by Dominator83 » Thu Jul 20, 2023 2:58 am

Man that Blood and Guts match sure lived up to its name

tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,927

Post#180 » by tugs » Thu Jul 20, 2023 3:19 am

On the bed of nails, man

Return to Pro Wrestling