Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,555

Re: All Elite Wrestling Discussion II 

Post#22 » by Dominator83 » Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:22 am

tugs wrote:Surprised no Saraya talk

Can she even wrestle?
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,926

Post#23 » by tugs » Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:08 am

Dominater wrote:

Can she even wrestle?
Yeah that I'm not sure. I know different injuries but Bryan did it so here's to hoping Saraya can

If not, maybe a manager for a stable? But I can't see anyone similar to Mandy or Sonya to work with Saraya
Scott Hall
RealGM
And1: 62,605

Post#24 » by Scott Hall » Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:39 am

Read on Twitter
Dominator83
RealGM

Post#25 » by Dominator83 » Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:18 pm

tugs wrote:
Dominater wrote:

Can she even wrestle?
Yeah that I'm not sure. I know different injuries but Bryan did it so here's to hoping Saraya can

If not, maybe a manager for a stable? But I can't see anyone similar to Mandy or Sonya to work with Saraya

I doubt they're paying her and having her make a big entrance just to be a manager

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,926

Post#26 » by tugs » Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:25 am

Getting poor reviews from the Saraya promo. Wth happened?!
Lord Eder
General Manager
And1: 16,625

Post#27 » by Lord Eder » Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:43 pm

tugs wrote:Getting poor reviews from the Saraya promo. Wth happened?!

I didn't think it was that poor. Maybe choppy at moments? She took a moment here or there to gather herself, but I mean it wasn't that bad. Regardless I thought it was great to see the women get such a long in ring segment and then to have a bunch of them on TV in the lumberjack match. Which was solid in itself. I really like Deeb in ring though.
"Jerome Moiso with 2 rebounds and a steal.... Put him in the hall of fame!"
- Chuck Swirsky
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,730

Post#28 » by gambitx777 » Sat Oct 1, 2022 7:20 am

Lord Eder wrote:

I didn't think it was that poor. Maybe choppy at moments? She took a moment here or there to gather herself, but I mean it wasn't that bad. Regardless I thought it was great to see the women get such a long in ring segment and then to have a bunch of them on TV in the lumberjack match. Which was solid in itself. I really like Deeb in ring though.
Paige is seen well in the lense of nastalgia. She was the first kind of new ages lady wrestler to pop up other than AJ. She always had some issues on the mike and her in ring work was never really up to Sasha, CF, Haley, levels of work. She's a name and it's not gonna go great for her I just am gonna hate to see her get hurt.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using RealGM mobile app
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,536

Post#29 » by Dr Positivity » Thu Oct 6, 2022 5:23 am

gambitx777 wrote:
Lord Eder wrote:

Paige is seen well in the lense of nastalgia. She was the first kind of new ages lady wrestler to pop up other than AJ. She always had some issues on the mike and her in ring work was never really up to Sasha, CF, Haley, levels of work. She's a name and it's not gonna go great for her I just am gonna hate to see her get hurt.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using RealGM mobile app

Nikki was underrated in that time period imo which allows Paige to do some pretty simple babyface stuff. Basically Mandy/face Cora 1.0.
prolific passer
Analyst
And1: 1,277

Post#30 » by prolific passer » Thu Oct 6, 2022 3:30 pm

Aew has 2 things going for them right now with the acclaimed with Max Caster rapping like early 2000s Cena and his partner making facial expressions like late 90s Buff Bagwell. As well as MJF and his entertainment on the mic.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,866

Post#31 » by Stanford » Thu Oct 6, 2022 3:31 pm

It is funny think about how impressed we all were at the most average women's matches in WWE.

To our credit, I think we all viewed it as encouraging rather than good.
Lord Eder
General Manager

Post#32 » by Lord Eder » Thu Oct 13, 2022 1:08 am

Damn, Hangman fired up. Him and Mox gonna put on a banger next week. Love to see it too, all this Punk nonsense really took some of the wind out of his sails but I’m happy to see him take it back.

lmao Jericho trolling the crowd with Judas

They really putting on a show for the debut in Canada, lucky crowd. Pissed I couldn’t make it lol
- Chuck Swirsky
heatwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 13,135

Post#33 » by heatwillbeback » Wed Oct 19, 2022 1:59 am

Hope Page is alright. That didnt look good at all.
heatwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 13,135

Post#34 » by heatwillbeback » Wed Oct 19, 2022 4:34 am

Read on Twitter

Good update at least. Concussion is of course not good, but much better than a possible neck injury.

I think Mox did a good job at the end there. They had to improvise at least 5 minutes there and he did a good off the cuff promo. Not to mention he did this with what just happened with Hangman. He's a pro.
Lord Eder
General Manager

Post#35 » by Lord Eder » Wed Oct 19, 2022 2:11 pm

If Mox has shown anything these past few months it’s that he’s a pro.

The MJF, Regal, Mox stuff was gold. These guys are stars and made this show must watch. It’s just such a shame about Hangman, really put a cloud over what otherwise was a great show.

I hate to say ‘glad it’s just a concussion’ because that stuff is nothing to mess around with but as mentioned above at least it’s not some neck/spine issue where he can’t walk. The way he landed was ugly. Props to the ref and medical staff.

Hangman is a star and he’s got so much of his career ahead of him. Obviously as a fan I want to see him back in the ring a soon as possible, but first and foremost is the man’s health and well-being.
- Chuck Swirsky
Lord Eder
General Manager

Post#36 » by Lord Eder » Wed Oct 19, 2022 2:15 pm

I’m also curious to see how this MJF stuff plays out at Full Gear. Does he win it clean and get the crowd on his side and go on a run as baby face champ? Or does he still weasel his way to get the belt and continue as a top heel.

I suppose either way, even if he wins clean he can go full insufferable heel, it just feels like he’s on the brink of a character change and will have the crowd behind him if he does it the right way.
- Chuck Swirsky
Dominator83
RealGM

Post#37 » by Dominator83 » Sun Oct 23, 2022 1:45 pm

Lord Eder wrote:I’m also curious to see how this MJF stuff plays out at Full Gear. Does he win it clean and get the crowd on his side and go on a run as baby face champ? Or does he still weasel his way to get the belt and continue as a top heel.

I suppose either way, even if he wins clean he can go full insufferable heel, it just feels like he’s on the brink of a character change and will have the crowd behind him if he does it the right way.

Not sure if he's versatile enough to get over as a face

Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,536

Post#38 » by Dr Positivity » Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:48 am

I can't believe that dude Dalton Castle is married to a woman in real life.

I liked his gimmick and match.
Lord Eder
General Manager

Post#39 » by Lord Eder » Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:00 pm

Dominater wrote:
Lord Eder wrote:I’m also curious to see how this MJF stuff plays out at Full Gear. Does he win it clean and get the crowd on his side and go on a run as baby face champ? Or does he still weasel his way to get the belt and continue as a top heel.

Not sure if he's versatile enough to get over as a face

You don’t think so? I thought he showed potential during the Punk feud when he got sympathy from the crowd. Then he also did the whole white meat thing in Buffalo after All Out.

Both times were a swerve, but I thought he showed his ability. If anyone can control a crowd, it’s him.

That said, I’m not sure they make the turn. If not for the simple fact that AEW is basically all baby faces at the top.
- Chuck Swirsky
Flames24Rulz
Head Coach
And1: 343

Post#40 » by Flames24Rulz » Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:22 pm

My hope is he tries to win it clean, but there's a ref bump near the end of the match which leads Regal to come out with the brass knuckles. Regal turns around and hits Mox and ends up aligning with MJF as MJF wins the title.

There absolutely needs to be more MJF/Regal interactions going forward because they've all been gold so far.

Return to Pro Wrestling