if jeff hardy is given the wwe title, then why not benjamin?

Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,361

if jeff hardy is given the wwe title, then why not benjamin? 

Post#1 » by blueNorange » Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:27 am

everything you read it says that the only thing that's holding benjamin back from winning the wwe title/whc is his mic skills, but then they give jeff hardy the wwe title.

jeff hardy is as bad as benjamin on the mic and he cuts horrible promos.

imo benjamin is a terrific athlete and a great wrestler. every match he has it's exciting and i really want him to get a push to the title despite his poor mic skills.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
SpReEfOrAlL
RealGM
And1: 161

Re: if jeff hardy is given the wwe title, then why not benjamin? 

Post#2 » by SpReEfOrAlL » Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:26 pm

because he isnt as marketable as Jeff, and doesnt have tons of 12 - 15 year old girls screaming his name when he comes out. Thats the main thing i think.
skbucks1985
RealGM
And1: 1,903

Post#3 » by skbucks1985 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:28 pm

He's not nearly as over as Benjamin. Hardy has a lot of weaknesses, but he's by far the most over guy in the company and without him getting the fan reaction he wouldn't be where he is. Benjamin gets some nice heel heat, but its nothing compared to what Edge and Vicki and Jericho get.

What Benjamin needs is that long, sustained feud. It looked like he was may have been developing that in ECW with Kingston, but I think the WWE pulled the plug on that to protect there main eventers. These two are probably the best pure athletes in the company and you can't have these two tear it up on the mid-card while you have Cena and JBL headlining.

The R-Truth feud looked promising but it was cut short for a couple reasons. Apparently WWE brass has soured on R-Truth, but I also don't think the WWE was willing to go where they initially wanted with this feud. If you remember Benjamin's first promo on R-Truth he talks about his time in prison and him making bad decisions. I think they wanted this feud to have a racial tinge to it with Benjamin being the "Uncle Tom." It goes without saying that such a feud would be highly controversial and I think they dipped there toes in the water with this subject and decided to pull the plug on it.

I don't know if they'll progress with this feud with Helms, but I think they needed more build up to there US Title match. Helms wins a non-title match than a week or two later he loses a title match cleanly. I don't know where they go with this from here.
jeffhardyfan52
General Manager
And1: 596

Post#4 » by jeffhardyfan52 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:03 am

jeff hardy is a derserveing champion becuse of his in ring work and what he has done for the wwe he has earned every last championship he has won, hardy mic skills have improved andhis promos are very good not this is not because im a hardy mark im looking at jeff and shelton froma fan and from a wrestlers point of view

shelton has no gimmike to speak of he cant talk , sheltons mic work is broeing and slurred and dosn not sound ike he belives what he is saying
hardys promos come from who hardy is in real life jeff is that werid crazy person you see in the ring thats him

jeff hardy sells million of dallers worth of merchindiseing you dont see anyone wanting a shelton shirt, jeff hardy is over will man women and child not many wrestles can say that is true maybe only cm punk can, hhh is over with mostly male fans cena with kids and women
jeff hardy with every one there is no wrestle on the roster who gets a biger response form the fans then jeff hardy he is the wwes roster rocck star

shelton has no personitly even when they tried to push him yes shelton is a great in ring perfermer but he is built for mid card

puting it simple jeff hardy has the it factor that all the main eventers have had shelton does not
He’s not (my-vydas), he’s not (your-vydas), he’s Arvydas

skbucks1985
RealGM

Post#5 » by skbucks1985 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:42 pm

Jeff Hardy doesn't deserve ****. He's a complete by product of his fan reaction. I'll give you that his promos have improved but I'd say there's atleast 15 guys that are better than him in that area. His in-ring work is alright, but its nothing really that special.

I'll give you that he has that 'it' factor and that's why he has the connection with the fans. But the fans are the only reason he's their. If he wasn't as over with the fans, he wouldn't be where he is
jeffhardyfan52
General Manager
And1: 596

Post#6 » by jeffhardyfan52 » Fri Jan 2, 2009 12:58 am

safi wrote:Jeff Hardy doesn't deserve ****. He's a complete by product of his fan reaction. I'll give you that his promos have improved but I'd say there's atleast 15 guys that are better than him in that area. His in-ring work is alright, but its nothing really that special.

I'll give you that he has that 'it' factor and that's why he has the connection with the fans. But the fans are the only reason he's their. If he wasn't as over with the fans, he wouldn't be where he is

first off saying jeff hardy dosnt dserrve anything is such a dumb statment, hardy has earned his world champiomship by giveing his body to the wwe for over a decade, doing what he has done night in and night out kills your body,

as for his onlyt here because of hte fans, every one is only there because of the fans, with out the fans there is no wresting, and trust me jeff hardys in ring works is far better then alright, the wrestlers who work with him know it and the fans know it, jeff is a superub wrestler and has inm proved greatly on his in ring skill to brin it up to his main event status, he wouldnt be there if he didnt earn it
He’s not (my-vydas), he’s not (your-vydas), he’s Arvydas

skbucks1985
RealGM

Post#7 » by skbucks1985 » Fri Jan 2, 2009 2:14 am

jeffhardyfan52 wrote:
safi wrote:Jeff Hardy doesn't deserve ****. He's a complete by product of his fan reaction. I'll give you that his promos have improved but I'd say there's atleast 15 guys that are better than him in that area. His in-ring work is alright, but its nothing really that special.

first off saying jeff hardy dosnt dserrve anything is such a dumb statment, hardy has earned his world champiomship by giveing his body to the wwe for over a decade, doing what he has done night in and night out kills your body,

as for his onlyt here because of hte fans, every one is only there because of the fans, with out the fans there is no wresting, and trust me jeff hardys in ring works is far better then alright, the wrestlers who work with him know it and the fans know it, jeff is a superub wrestler and has inm proved greatly on his in ring skill to brin it up to his main event status, he wouldnt be there if he didnt earn it

There have been lots of guys who have worked just as hard and many times harder than Hardy who haven't achieved anywhere near the success level he has. Granted, most of them didn't have the talent Hardy did, but the idea that he deserves this by virture of his hard work to the company is what is truly a stupid statement.

Of course everyone is there because of the fans, but its heightened even more so with Hardy. A guy with his past, with his track record, with his wrestling ability would be wrestling in a YMCA somewhere if he didn't have the connection with the fans that he does. He's a good wrestler, he's a top notch WWE wrestler, but I think there are a number of guys in the company who are better than him.
boogiesdad
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 52

Post#8 » by boogiesdad » Tue Jan 6, 2009 10:51 pm

fan appeal.............that simple
cocktailswith_2short
Head Coach
And1: 78

Post#9 » by cocktailswith_2short » Thu Jan 8, 2009 7:56 am

Yeah , but he sucks the donkey balls . If only WWE would let Punk talk . So much potential . I just dont get excited for Hardy in the mid-card why would I when he is main-eventing .

Return to Pro Wrestling