Randy Orton (c) vs. John Cena
Jeff Hardy (c) vs. CM Punk- TLC Match
Rey Mysterio (c) vs. Dolph Ziggler
Christian (c) vs. William Regal
Jericho & Big Show (c) vs. Cryme Tyme
The Great Khali vs. Kane
Jack Swagger vs. MVP

Rumors and News:

- Expect Hardy to goo all out tonight in the TLC match see as how he doesnt need to save anything.

- Alot of celebrities are supposedly sitting ringside tonight, also there may be a cameo or two and also expect special entrances.

- Tonight's main event will probably be DX vs. Legacy. One scenrio that I have read is that with Hardy possibly losing the title to Punk they would like to end the event with a "happy ending"

- According to Matt Hardy's twitter account Jeff will be with WWE after SummerSlam, but apparently he will just be at Tuesday's SD tapings before he leaves the company.

- Expect tonight and tomorrow to be Lilian's final night with the WWE.

- This is somewhat related to the PPV, but expect the WWE to start building Undertaker's return soon. He is supposedly going to feud with CM Punk when he returns. So look for lights flickering during SD as that could be one of the early signs of his return.

This is the site where I read my info
http://ewrestlingnews.com/
skbucks1985
RealGM
And1: 1,905

Re: Summerfest aka Summerslam: Matches, News and Rumors 

Post#2 » by skbucks1985 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:23 pm

I've heard Taker's going to take a bit more time off and won't be back until after Survivor Series.

I'm expecting to see the victors be DX(although I think Legacy should win), Christian, Kane, Orton, Punk, Ziggler and I don't really care who wins the MVP/Swagger match but the winner should get a feud with the winner of the Orton/Cena match as I really have no interest in another of the HHH/Orton/Cena matches.
skbucks1985
RealGM
And1: 1,905

Post#3 » by skbucks1985 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:56 am

Not a whole lot of surrprises in terms of victors, but it was a really good show with top notch matches with the DX/Legacy, Rey/Ziggler, Jerishow/Cryme Tyme, and Punk/Hardy especially was terrific. MVP/Swagger was alright, but MVP's mic work before the match was terrific and I really think he should be put in a program with Orton now. And although it won't win any match of the year awards Kane/Khali wasn't quite as bad as I thought it'd be. My two complaints would be that I don't quite know why the Christian/Regal match was so short. We know both of these guys can get it done in the ring. And the Orton/Cena match was just bizarre
CapeCrusader
General Manager
And1: 92

Post#4 » by CapeCrusader » Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:08 am

I only caught the DX/Legacy match and on. From what I saw I thought the PPV was alright. I know some ppl might not like the Orton/Cena finish, I personally didn't like how they so many restarts. But then again its something that has never been done before so it was ok. I honestly thought Cena was going to win with all those restarts, but i'm glad that "the age of Orton" is back. The finish of Hardy/Punk was good cuz of the return of Undertaker. I love how he was in the spot Jeff was and then chocked slammed him...pretty sick.
B*TCH ! You Weren't With Me Shooting At The Gym!
CapeCrusader
General Manager
And1: 92

Post#5 » by CapeCrusader » Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:08 am

On a side note shouldn't it be Summerslam aka Summerfest?
B*TCH ! You Weren't With Me Shooting At The Gym!
Dunthreevy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,353

Post#6 » by Dunthreevy » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:07 pm

I watched the PPV on a bootleg stream so I didn't pay for it, and it's a good thing I didn't pay. I thought it was one of the worst PPV's I've ever seen. The fact that the WWE still will not put over their young stars is mind boggling. They have Punk win the title, and within 2 minutes of doing so, have him being dominated by the 312 year old Undertaker. Having "DX" (I don't consider Shawn and Hunter to be DX, it was a crew not a tag-team) beat Legacy is another example of the same problem, as well as Jericho and Show (the most boring idea for a tag team I've seen in years) beating Cryme Tyme. They could've really put over Legacy and Cryme Tyme last night, and instead had 2 very corny finishes that would've been better suited for an episode of Raw. The crowd was actually going nuts for Dolph Ziggler too, and he put on an impressive performance, yet they had Mysterio (who is becoming increasingly repetitive and boring) beat him instead of putting Ziggler over.

The fact that Cryme Tyme has been around for 3 years plus, and are one of the only real tag teams around, yet they still have never held the titles, is just a step below completely stupid.

They need to just disband Legacy and push Dibiase as a singles wrestler. I think he could go over pretty well on his own.

Overall, I was just really unimpressed by what is supposed to be one of the 4 big PPV's of the year. *Dorky rant over*
Feel the rhythm! Feel the rhyme! Get on up, it's bobsled time!
Dunthreevy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,353

Post#7 » by Dunthreevy » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:13 pm

Oh, and Hardy doing the swanton off the 700 ft. tall ladder was insanity.
Feel the rhythm! Feel the rhyme! Get on up, it's bobsled time!
jeffhardyfan52
General Manager
And1: 596

Post#8 » by jeffhardyfan52 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:20 am

there was some good wrestling on the show hardy vs punk was good but not the best but the big spot of the night was well worth the match not haveing lots of spots,

HHH and HBKs entrance was way to damn long and dumb
Nothing says aint eslbalisment like the miltary lol

Rey vs ziggler was a good match would of liked to see the cheerleader win but i asusme he will get the strap maybe at servioir serires

Regal vs christain entertained the hell out me

Kane vs Kahil well it wasent a mat classic thats for sure

Would of liked to see cryme tyme go over in the tag match but i liked the finsih of the match and JTG looked pretty good out there

MVP vs Swagger was a good early match i liked it

Cena vs orton sucked for the most part it jsut got to the point where the hole thing was retared but it entertained me with its stupiedy kinda like how most pepole felt watching wcw
haveing brett dabisae do a run in was pretty cool it fooled the fans int he arena good and even got me for a sec

overall decent show
He’s not (my-vydas), he’s not (your-vydas), he’s Arvydas

Return to Pro Wrestling