ImageImage

The NBENFANT Thread (NBA): 2019-2020 Edition!

Moderators: The Sebastian Express, Moonbeam, DeBlazerRiddem

DaVoiceMaster
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 18,883
And1: 1,410
Joined: Sep 26, 2003
Contact:
   

Re: The NBENFANT Thread (NBA): 2019-2020 Edition! 

Post#981 » by DaVoiceMaster » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:05 am

d-train wrote:
DaVoiceMaster wrote:Not good that New Orleans is beating Utah so far.

The bad news is Jazz are the 2nd most difficult opponent Pelicans play. If Pelicans win, they could easily go 7-1. Blazers have to be awesome to win 5 games.


Yup. They only play 2 playoff teams so we need those teams to actually win. Fortunately the Jazz pulled it out in the closing seconds. Sadly, the Blazers play 8 playoff teams. Pretty clear who the NBA wants to advance.

Who thought it a good idea to let Reggie Miller in the bubble?
DaVoiceMaster
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
12/27/2017 - 01/03/2018
DaVoiceMaster
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 18,883
And1: 1,410
Joined: Sep 26, 2003
Contact:
   

Re: The NBENFANT Thread (NBA): 2019-2020 Edition! 

Post#982 » by DaVoiceMaster » Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:17 pm

Question...

If Memphis loses all 8 games and falls to 10th or 11th place and New Orleans is 8th and Portland is 9th, do they still have the 2 game series between the Pelicans and Blazers?
DaVoiceMaster
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
12/27/2017 - 01/03/2018
DaVoiceMaster
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 18,883
And1: 1,410
Joined: Sep 26, 2003
Contact:
   

Re: The NBENFANT Thread (NBA): 2019-2020 Edition! 

Post#983 » by DaVoiceMaster » Sat Aug 1, 2020 11:03 pm

Clippers are spanking the Pelicans by 29th with 3 1/2 minutes left in the 1st half. 15-22 on 3 point shots. That doesn't bode well for the Blazers when they play the Clippers.
DaVoiceMaster
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
12/27/2017 - 01/03/2018
zzaj
Head Coach
Posts: 6,557
And1: 1,892
Joined: Jul 12, 2006
 

Re: The NBENFANT Thread (NBA): 2019-2020 Edition! 

Post#984 » by zzaj » Sat Aug 1, 2020 11:15 pm

DaVoiceMaster wrote:Question...

If Memphis loses all 8 games and falls to 10th or 11th place and New Orleans is 8th and Portland is 9th, do they still have the 2 game series between the Pelicans and Blazers?


IIRC, DVM...the best of 2 play-in only occurs if the 9th team is within 4 games of the 8th. So it would depend on the record, but most likely...yes.
DaVoiceMaster
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 18,883
And1: 1,410
Joined: Sep 26, 2003
Contact:
   

Re: The NBENFANT Thread (NBA): 2019-2020 Edition! 

Post#985 » by DaVoiceMaster » Sun Aug 2, 2020 12:00 am

Coolie. Didn't know if it only applied if memphis was #8 or if any team could be #8. Thanks!
DaVoiceMaster
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
12/27/2017 - 01/03/2018
Matt800
Pro Prospect
Posts: 861
And1: 242
Joined: Aug 01, 2014

Re: The NBENFANT Thread (NBA): 2019-2020 Edition! 

Post#986 » by Matt800 » Sun Aug 2, 2020 1:30 am

New Orleans lost to LAC today so still on track for a shot at the playoffs.
User avatar
monopoman
General Manager
Posts: 8,925
And1: 3,473
Joined: Nov 11, 2009
     

Re: The NBENFANT Thread (NBA): 2019-2020 Edition! 

Post#987 » by monopoman » Sun Aug 2, 2020 5:00 am

Pels really doing us a huge favor dropping the first two games.
DaVoiceMaster
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 18,883
And1: 1,410
Joined: Sep 26, 2003
Contact:
   

Re: The NBENFANT Thread (NBA): 2019-2020 Edition! 

Post#988 » by DaVoiceMaster » Sun Aug 2, 2020 5:28 am

But didn't everyone expect the Pelicans to lose the first 2 games, then win the next 6 games? They only played 2 playoff teams. Now they play 6 games against teams not in the playoffs.
DaVoiceMaster
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
12/27/2017 - 01/03/2018
Matt800
Pro Prospect
Posts: 861
And1: 242
Joined: Aug 01, 2014

Re: The NBENFANT Thread (NBA): 2019-2020 Edition! 

Post#989 » by Matt800 » Mon Aug 3, 2020 9:34 pm

DaVoiceMaster wrote:But didn't everyone expect the Pelicans to lose the first 2 games, then win the next 6 games? They only played 2 playoff teams. Now they play 6 games against teams not in the playoffs.


The first do look like they'd be the hardest for them, but for the Pelicans to win the last 6 would be hard as well. Most of the teams they are facing have won over 40% of their games. If the Pelicans chance of winning each game is 60%, then winning 6 of 6 would be about a 4.7% chance. 3 or 4 wins would be the most likely. Of course, that doesn't account for teams not trying, or resting players, or injuries.
DaVoiceMaster
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 18,883
And1: 1,410
Joined: Sep 26, 2003
Contact:
   

Re: The NBENFANT Thread (NBA): 2019-2020 Edition! 

Post#990 » by DaVoiceMaster » Mon Aug 3, 2020 9:42 pm

They still have a much easier road ahead than the Blazers or Spurs.
DaVoiceMaster
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
12/27/2017 - 01/03/2018
User avatar
mighty_duck
Junior
Posts: 262
And1: 59
Joined: Jun 05, 2007

Re: The NBENFANT Thread (NBA): 2019-2020 Edition! 

Post#991 » by mighty_duck » Mon Aug 3, 2020 11:44 pm

Looking at the NO-MEM game now, but I'm not sure who I should be rooting for!
A MEM loss will bring us closer to 8th place, but a NO loss will help us secure the 9th place. Decisions decisions!
DaVoiceMaster
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 18,883
And1: 1,410
Joined: Sep 26, 2003
Contact:
   

Re: The NBENFANT Thread (NBA): 2019-2020 Edition! 

Post#992 » by DaVoiceMaster » Tue Aug 4, 2020 1:27 am

I'm hoping Memphis loses out and the Blazers & Spurs finish 8th and 9th.
DaVoiceMaster
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
12/27/2017 - 01/03/2018
Matt800
Pro Prospect
Posts: 861
And1: 242
Joined: Aug 01, 2014

Re: The NBENFANT Thread (NBA): 2019-2020 Edition! 

Post#993 » by Matt800 » Tue Aug 4, 2020 2:01 am

mighty_duck wrote:Looking at the NO-MEM game now, but I'm not sure who I should be rooting for!
A MEM loss will bring us closer to 8th place, but a NO loss will help us secure the 9th place. Decisions decisions!


In theory Portland beating Memphis for the 8th spot would be ideal, but it would be so hard to do that it seems like the most realistic good scenario would be Portland finishing in 9th and within 4 games of Memphis. But who knows. If Memphis somehow does only win 0-2 games, it's possible that Portland could pass them.
zzaj
Head Coach
Posts: 6,557
And1: 1,892
Joined: Jul 12, 2006
 

Re: The NBENFANT Thread (NBA): 2019-2020 Edition! 

Post#994 » by zzaj » Tue Aug 4, 2020 2:09 am

Personally, as a fan I want nothing to do with Popovich and the Spurs in do or die games. Blazers have shown that they can beat Memphis. I’ll take the inexperienced, short handed team any day...
User avatar
d-train
RealGM
Posts: 19,920
And1: 876
Joined: Mar 26, 2001
   

Re: The NBENFANT Thread (NBA): 2019-2020 Edition! 

Post#995 » by d-train » Tue Aug 4, 2020 1:37 pm

zzaj wrote:Personally, as a fan I want nothing to do with Popovich and the Spurs in do or die games. Blazers have shown that they can beat Memphis. I’ll take the inexperienced, short handed team any day...

I would rather Blazers play all of the next 6 games against Spurs. That would be heaven.
Image
BlazersBroncos
Analyst
Posts: 3,216
And1: 2,259
Joined: Oct 27, 2016

Re: The NBENFANT Thread (NBA): 2019-2020 Edition! 

Post#996 » by BlazersBroncos » Tue Aug 4, 2020 10:58 pm

MEM just got more shorthanded with Jaren Jr going down with a torn meniscus. Good for us making the playoffs, but I hate seeing a young talented guy like that go down. He is a very very talented kid.
DaVoiceMaster
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 18,883
And1: 1,410
Joined: Sep 26, 2003
Contact:
   

Re: The NBENFANT Thread (NBA): 2019-2020 Edition! 

Post#997 » by DaVoiceMaster » Wed Aug 5, 2020 4:14 am

I think I'd like to move Simon's and find a defensive PG that can also dish the ball. Simon's cannot play defense or distribute the ball and at this point in his career, regardless of the potential, he does not have much offense. I think the Blazers could really use a defensive guard.

I've also decided Whiteside needs to go. I'd like to see the Blazers bring Skal Labisserie back to town as the back up big for both Nurkic and Collins. I would also bring Melo back next season. I'm not exactly sure what his role will be, but his leadership and probably fewer minutes at either position could be a good thing.
DaVoiceMaster
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
12/27/2017 - 01/03/2018
DaVoiceMaster
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 18,883
And1: 1,410
Joined: Sep 26, 2003
Contact:
   

Re: The NBENFANT Thread (NBA): 2019-2020 Edition! 

Post#998 » by DaVoiceMaster » Wed Aug 5, 2020 4:17 am

BlazersBroncos wrote:MEM just got more shorthanded with Jaren Jr going down with a torn meniscus. Good for us making the playoffs, but I hate seeing a young talented guy like that go down. He is a very very talented kid.


That is really too bad, but I'll take it this year. I really think #8 and #9 will come down to the Blazers, Spurs, and maybe the Pelicans. I've not seen the Suns, nor do I know what their schedule looks like so I'm n lo t sure where they will finish. I'm gonna hold em out of the top 10 though and probably top 11.
DaVoiceMaster
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
12/27/2017 - 01/03/2018
DaVoiceMaster
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 18,883
And1: 1,410
Joined: Sep 26, 2003
Contact:
   

Re: The NBENFANT Thread (NBA): 2019-2020 Edition! 

Post#999 » by DaVoiceMaster » Wed Aug 5, 2020 4:22 am

LouWill cleared quarantine just in time to play the Blazers (sigh). Those 10 days went really quick.
DaVoiceMaster
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
12/27/2017 - 01/03/2018
User avatar
monopoman
General Manager
Posts: 8,925
And1: 3,473
Joined: Nov 11, 2009
     

Re: The NBENFANT Thread (NBA): 2019-2020 Edition! 

Post#1000 » by monopoman » Thu Aug 6, 2020 2:47 am

Wow Grizz lose their first 4 games, they now have a 1 game lead over Portland and a 2 game lead over the 10th and 11th team. Only three teams in the bubble have lost all their games so far.

Grizz
Kings
Wizards

Return to Portland Trail Blazers