ImageImage

Preseason Game Tonight!!!

Moderators: The Sebastian Express, Moonbeam, DeBlazerRiddem

BlazersBroncos
Head Coach
Posts: 6,306
And1: 4,906
Joined: Oct 27, 2016

Re: Preseason Game Tonight!!! 

Post#41 » by BlazersBroncos » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:23 pm

I am having a ton of issues getting excited for this season. More excited to watch Giddey in OKC + Barnes in TOR than anything this team has to offer.
User avatar
kumquat
Starter
Posts: 2,420
And1: 23
Joined: May 25, 2006

Re: Preseason Game Tonight!!! 

Post#42 » by kumquat » Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:57 am

Has there ever been a coach that didn't make it out of the pre-season.
Sinobas
Analyst
Posts: 3,362
And1: 375
Joined: Jun 20, 2008

Re: Preseason Game Tonight!!! 

Post#43 » by Sinobas » Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:16 am

Nothing to look forward to. This team is not improved over last year, we'll eek our way into the playoffs (maybe) and get stomped in the first round. Then Dame will demand a trade.

CJ should have been traded years ago.
Dame Lizard
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,008
And1: 1,701
Joined: Dec 03, 2012
 

Re: Preseason Game Tonight!!! 

Post#44 » by Dame Lizard » Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:22 am

I guess we had a better preseason than the Lakers, record wise
Norm2953
RealGM
Posts: 12,539
And1: 857
Joined: May 17, 2003
Location: Oregon

Re: Preseason Game Tonight!!! 

Post#45 » by Norm2953 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:30 am

Let's start chanting: Fire Ol- Shey, Fire Ol-Shey
User avatar
monopoman
RealGM
Posts: 10,212
And1: 4,393
Joined: Nov 11, 2009
     

Re: Preseason Game Tonight!!! 

Post#46 » by monopoman » Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:05 am

I mean, Billups has said he treats pre-season like training camp and you can tell with how many minutes Lillard has played across these 4 games.

I think it's a bit early to get the pitch forks after Billups.

You want to come after Olshey no problem, but Billups needs more of a chance.
User avatar
DusterBuster
RealGM
Posts: 28,568
And1: 13,166
Joined: Jan 31, 2010
   

Re: Preseason Game Tonight!!! 

Post#47 » by DusterBuster » Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:36 am

It’s preseason, so I’m saving any hot takes on the team until next month. Granted, I would have liked to see a littttttllllleeee but better play than we have… I definitely would appreciate going into the reg season with a tad more confidence in this crew… but things generally do change when the games matter, so let’s see how that shakes out in a few weeks.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
GEE
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,658
And1: 185
Joined: Aug 04, 2006

Re: Preseason Game Tonight!!! 

Post#48 » by GEE » Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:53 pm

Here's a "Hot Take":
I didn't see anything good from the Blazers in the games before last night's, and Dame sitting out for "Rest" is a weak move IMO, but with that aside, this one was much different to watch for me. This starting unit was obviously without Dame and instead had DSJ running the show. But I kept envisioning the giant what if... Ben Simmons out there starting instead of DSJ.

STARTING:
CJ / Powell / ROCO / Simmons / Nurkic

6-9:
ANT / Little / Nance / Chriss

10-14:
DSJ / cj / GB / Zeller

15:
Love ???

:pray:
Blazinaway
General Manager
Posts: 7,883
And1: 1,047
Joined: Jan 27, 2009

Re: Preseason Game Tonight!!! 

Post#49 » by Blazinaway » Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:45 am

BlazersBroncos wrote:I am having a ton of issues getting excited for this season. More excited to watch Giddey in OKC + Barnes in TOR than anything this team has to offer.


Same here, I am not excited at all, in fact with the ROOT sports debacle there are so few streaming options to watch games I have decided to not change my current streaming subscriptions and simply not watch games unless the Blazers EARN my interest to watch (not optimistic about that) or ROOT becomes more available - just tired of watching RERUN seasons.
Dame Lizard
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,008
And1: 1,701
Joined: Dec 03, 2012
 

Re: Preseason Game Tonight!!! 

Post#50 » by Dame Lizard » Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:28 am

Dante Exum got waived by the Rockets. He's infinity times better than Elleby.
Case2012
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,168
And1: 1,043
Joined: Jan 03, 2012
 

Re: Preseason Game Tonight!!! 

Post#51 » by Case2012 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:00 am

Blazinaway wrote:
BlazersBroncos wrote:I am having a ton of issues getting excited for this season. More excited to watch Giddey in OKC + Barnes in TOR than anything this team has to offer.


Same here, I am not excited at all, in fact with the ROOT sports debacle there are so few streaming options to watch games I have decided to not change my current streaming subscriptions and simply not watch games unless the Blazers EARN my interest to watch (not optimistic about that) or ROOT becomes more available - just tired of watching RERUN seasons.


I watch illegal streams. I'm not paying them ****, haven't for years. I don't think I'm allowed to say which sites for some stupid reason, but dm me if you want to know which ones I use.
Image
Instagram: @casetwelve
Case2012
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,168
And1: 1,043
Joined: Jan 03, 2012
 

Re: Preseason Game Tonight!!! 

Post#52 » by Case2012 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:21 pm

Jabari Parker just got waived, classic Olshey move about to happen? He’s a lot better than Blevins and Elleby (barfs in mouth)* Can we waive them or are they guaranteed? Also, why are they still on the team????
Image
Instagram: @casetwelve
Norm2953
RealGM
Posts: 12,539
And1: 857
Joined: May 17, 2003
Location: Oregon

Re: Preseason Game Tonight!!! 

Post#53 » by Norm2953 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:42 am

Case2012 wrote:Jabari Parker just got waived, classic Olshey move about to happen? He’s a lot better than Blevins and Elleby (barfs in mouth)* Can we waive them or are they guaranteed? Also, why are they still on the team????


We all know why Blevins are on the team but one wonders if Portland will pick someone up off the waiver wire to
replace Elleby.

Return to Portland Trail Blazers