ImageImage

'Short' time till the Draft

Moderators: The Sebastian Express, Moonbeam, DeBlazerRiddem

EGame
Head Coach
And1: 264

Re: 'Short' time till the Draft 

Post#1121 » by EGame » Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:51 am

So if Paul wants to play with Aldridge and Roy (no Oden mention), trade Oden and Batum and any draft picks we have/can get. I have no idea if the rumors for Paul are alive, but they seem dead to me at this point. Oden would be more valuable IMO to the Hornets as he is young, on a cheap contract, and of course has potential and doesn't play the same position as West. Sure, he has injury concerns, but I think if they thought about dealing Paul, they could possibly take our offer.
Ytoojae
Junior
And1: 3

Post#1122 » by Ytoojae » Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:52 am

If New Orleans wont trade Chris Paul I wonder if they'll deal Darren Collison.

If they're in salary dump mode (save for Paul) I wonder if they're open to Przybilla + Bayless + #14 (Rudy to Houston for #14) + future pick(s) for West and Collison?

C: Camby / Oden
F: Aldridge / West
F: Batum / Webster
G: Roy
G: Collison / Miller
cucad8
Head Coach
And1: 1,143

Post#1123 » by cucad8 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:52 am

EGame wrote:
cucad8 wrote:
If he grabs 4 first rounders and uses them all, then yeah, it might. But seeing him start off by targeting Chris Paul, and get a dialogue going there seems to me like if he is getting extra picks, he's sending them elsewhere. I want a big move to happen also, but people on here can't on one hand say he has overrated his talent, but then expect that talent to bring back a star, because that then shows both they, AND the other GM are also over rating that talent. Or, everyone,including KP is rating it the same. Grabbing every rumor thrown out there as evidence that KP is a bad GM is extremely stupid, IMO. OH No! He could have EASILY had Ellis AND the #6 for Miller and Joel. KP sucks. Fire him.

Discussing the rumors is certainly fun. It's why I am on here. Criticizing someone for a failure to act on said rumor without having the slightest idea of what is going on seems dumb to me, and seems, as I mentioned, looking for any reason to criticize. EGame earlier today or yesterday was just sure that KP was being stubborn on the Paul front. Not knowing the offer,nothing. But if it was falling apart, it must have been stubborn KP with his youngins. Not N.O. backing off. Fire him!

Yes, because I am overrating Rudy completley. All I want is a first rounder for him, if we can get it. If not get a second rounder, I realize dude has nothing and is nothing. I am going to keep criticizing KP, until he is willing to make a trade for proven talent. Making the trade for Camby was nice, but that was out of necessity. Until I see him part ways with people like Rudy, Bayless, or heaven forbid King Batum, I have no faith in KP. I am not the only one who thinks this, by the way.

I don't care if you're not the only one who thinks it. One person says it,and group think begins. Likes his players too much. Yippee. Who'she turning down for Batum? You want the 4th pick for him? Why, for another young player? He offered him for Paul. Not working out. What deals do YOU have lined up for Batum that KP is turning down? How about Bayless? You're willing to ship Rudy for a 2nd rounder, while he's dealing in firsts, and yet you criticize him and have no faith in him. Seems rather stupid. Let's dump him! Curse this moron for actually trying to get value for him. You'd prefer he dump him for a second, so you can toss out how he waited too long. I bet last year, we could have gotten Blake Griffin for him. Hell, I said it. I'llsay I heard it was offered. There, it'sa rumor. LAC offerd #1 for Rudy. Kp said no. Run with it and cry to get him fired for it. It's on the internet!
BballFanAddict
Analyst
And1: 36
Location: "The face of a child says a lot, especially the mouth part."

Post#1124 » by BballFanAddict » Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:53 am

THIS IS FOR YOU SEBASTIAN EXPRESS! Chris Paul as a Blazer is back in business!

FINE PRINT: According to Wojodouche

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=A ... paul062310

When the possibility of the Portland Trail Blazers making a bid on Paul was brought to him, a source said, Paul’s reaction was simple: Why would I want to go there if they have to trade LaMarcus Aldridge(notes) or Brandon Roy(notes) to get me? I’d want to play with those players.

That’s the problem with trying to trade Paul. For one of the best point guards in the NBA, the Hornets would want no less than a young All-Star caliber player, a starter and draft picks. Only then, what kind of gutted core would await Paul with his new team?

Portland has bordered on tampering with Paul for two years now, and it’s never been much of a secret within the Hornets’ organization that the Blazers have gone to great lengths to make Paul aware of how badly they want him. It didn’t go unnoticed when Blazers president Larry Miller – a former Nike executive who had dealings with Paul – cozied up to the Hornets star on New Orleans’ trips to the Rose Garden. It is what it is, but most agree the Blazers have been merciless in trying to get into Paul’s ear – and those around him – to convince him to create a stir and force his way out.
cucad8
Head Coach
And1: 1,143

Post#1125 » by cucad8 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:55 am

Sweet tamper that $#*!. Tell him to demand the trade happen now!
farzi
RealGM
And1: 5

Post#1126 » by farzi » Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:55 am

BballFanAddict wrote:THIS IS FOR YOU SEBASTIAN EXPRESS! Chris Paul as a Blazer is back in busines!

When the possibility of the Portland Trail Blazers making a bid on Paul was brought to him, a source said, Paul’s reaction was simple: Why would I want to go there if they have to trade LaMarcus Aldridge(notes) or Brandon Roy(notes) to get me? I’d want to play with those players.

That’s the problem with trying to trade Paul. For one of the best point guards in the NBA, the Hornets would want no less than a young All-Star caliber player, a starter and draft picks. Only then, what kind of gutted core would await Paul with his new team?

Portland has bordered on tampering with Paul for two years now, and it’s never been much of a secret within the Hornets’ organization that the Blazers have gone to great lengths to make Paul aware of how badly they want him. It didn’t go unnoticed when Blazers president Larry Miller – a former Nike executive who had dealings with Paul – cozied up to the Hornets star on New Orleans’ trips to the Rose Garden. It is what it is, but most agree the Blazers have been merciless in trying to get into Paul’s ear – and those around him – to convince him to create a stir and force his way out.

I totally beat you to it Image
EGame
Head Coach

Post#1127 » by EGame » Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:56 am

cucad8 wrote:
I don't care if you're not the only one who thinks it. One person says it,and group think begins. Likes his players too much. Yippee. Who'she turning down for Batum? You want the 4th pick for him? Why, for another young player? He offered him for Paul. Not working out. What deals do YOU have lined up for Batum that KP is turning down? How about Bayless? You're willing to ship Rudy for a 2nd rounder, while he's dealing in firsts, and yet you criticize him and have no faith in him. Seems rather stupid. Let's dump him! Curse this moron for actually trying to get value for him. You'd prefer he dump him for a second, so you can toss out how he waited too long. I bet last year, we could have gotten Blake Griffin for him. Hell, I said it. I'llsay I heard it was offered. There, it'sa rumor. LAC offerd #1 for Rudy. Kp said no. Run with it and cry to get him fired for it. It's on the internet!

Haha, I think you are taking my comments a little to seriously. It is my opinion, don't have to take it to heart. :)
BballFanAddict
Analyst

Post#1128 » by BballFanAddict » Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:56 am

cucad8 wrote:Sweet tamper that $#*!. Tell him to demand the trade happen now!

I cannot help but think Wojodouche TOTALLY has it in for the Blazers' organization. I mean, shoot, what is the percentage of his articles that cover the Blazers over the rest of the league, and then how many are negative?
BballFanAddict
Analyst

Post#1129 » by BballFanAddict » Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:57 am

farzi wrote:
BballFanAddict wrote:THIS IS FOR YOU SEBASTIAN EXPRESS! Chris Paul as a Blazer is back in busines!

I totally beat you to it Image

hahah! Its cause I had to edit mine!
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 19,055

Post#1130 » by DusterBuster » Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:58 am

farzi wrote:New CP3 / Portland stuff from Woj in the past 20 minutes

I still say give up Oden for Paul. Kind of interesting never-the-less. Should Portland just keep their eyes on the CP Prize and just wait it out to see if things get worse in New Orleans to the point where Paul demands a trade, maybe even demanding a trade to Portland?

But going away from the Paul idea for a second, would you guys consider that Ellis and #6 deal? Maybe something like this?

Miller
Przybilla
Batum
Fernandez

for

Ellis
Turiaf

Blazers can take the Aminu at 6 to replace Batum and roll out this roster next season.....

Ellis/Blake (resigned)
Roy/Bayless
Webster/Aminu
Aldridge/Turiaf
Camby/Oden

I'm not the biggest Ellis fan in the world, but he'd give us a legit 2nd scorer next to Roy AND we'd be getting the #6 pick in the draft.
EGame
Head Coach

Post#1131 » by EGame » Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:59 am

BballFanAddict wrote:THIS IS FOR YOU SEBASTIAN EXPRESS! Chris Paul as a Blazer is back in business!

Where does it say Chris Paul as a Blazer is back in business? It only sounds like we have been trying to trade for him, but Hornets aren't biting and that we are apparently trying to tamper with him. I still think the rumor is dead, which is why we should try and move on to another target, whoever that may be. However, if it were still alive, as I mentioned why not try and trade Oden? Or am I the only one who would be willing to trade him for Paul?
SinceClyde
Pro Prospect
And1: 5

Post#1132 » by SinceClyde » Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:59 am

EGame wrote:
cucad8 wrote:
If he grabs 4 first rounders and uses them all, then yeah, it might. But seeing him start off by targeting Chris Paul, and get a dialogue going there seems to me like if he is getting extra picks, he's sending them elsewhere. I want a big move to happen also, but people on here can't on one hand say he has overrated his talent, but then expect that talent to bring back a star, because that then shows both they, AND the other GM are also over rating that talent. Or, everyone,including KP is rating it the same. Grabbing every rumor thrown out there as evidence that KP is a bad GM is extremely stupid, IMO. OH No! He could have EASILY had Ellis AND the #6 for Miller and Joel. KP sucks. Fire him.

Discussing the rumors is certainly fun. It's why I am on here. Criticizing someone for a failure to act on said rumor without having the slightest idea of what is going on seems dumb to me, and seems, as I mentioned, looking for any reason to criticize. EGame earlier today or yesterday was just sure that KP was being stubborn on the Paul front. Not knowing the offer,nothing. But if it was falling apart, it must have been stubborn KP with his youngins. Not N.O. backing off. Fire him!

Yes, because I am overrating Rudy completley. All I want is a first rounder for him, if we can get it. If not get a second rounder, I realize dude has nothing and is nothing. I am going to keep criticizing KP, until he is willing to make a trade for proven talent. Making the trade for Camby was nice, but that was out of necessity. Until I see him part ways with people like Rudy, Bayless, or heaven forbid King Batum, I have no faith in KP. I am not the only one who thinks this, by the way.

I'm a fan of KP, but I agree. Take a risk and deal with the consequences. The problem is if it doesn't work out, we'll all be supporting his exit. Still, we have assets. Let's use them to get the best player available. With two stars (paul, Roy) and one supplemental star (Aldridge. Oden) the rest will fill out fine.

And Batum? If we have to get rid of him to get to the next level, do it. We spent a late first round on him. Let's stop humping his leg.
DusterBuster
RealGM

Post#1133 » by DusterBuster » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:00 am

BballFanAddict wrote:

I cannot help but think Wojodouche TOTALLY has it in for the Blazers' organization. I mean, shoot, what is the percentage of his articles that cover the Blazers over the rest of the league, and then how many are negative?

Seriously. Any chance that guy gets to put a dig into the Blazers, he takes it.
talman
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#1134 » by talman » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:00 am

I normally don't condone breaking laws or rules but in this case YES PLEASE!!
Blazermania08
Junior
And1: 4

Post#1135 » by Blazermania08 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:01 am

think your are one of few fans who would trade Oden for Paul
Cro_Ruption
Sixth Man
And1: 93

Post#1136 » by Cro_Ruption » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:01 am

CP3 for , Webster, Rudy, Miller, Joel, 3m cash, 2011-2015 unprotected draft picks, my wife, your wives, all our bank account savings, and a cherry on top!
DusterBuster
RealGM

Post#1137 » by DusterBuster » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:06 am

One thing that article from Yahoo should do is put to bed that silly theory that we would consider trading Roy for Paul. He's not willing to come here if Roy is leaving in the same deal, so it's not even worth discussing anymore.

Blazermania08 wrote:think your are one of few fans who would trade Oden for Paul

I severely doubt that.
BballFanAddict
Analyst

Post#1138 » by BballFanAddict » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:06 am

EGame wrote:
BballFanAddict wrote:THIS IS FOR YOU SEBASTIAN EXPRESS! Chris Paul as a Blazer is back in business!

Where does it say Chris Paul as a Blazer is back in business? It only sounds like we have been trying to trade for him, but Hornets aren't biting and that we are apparently trying to tamper with him. I still think the rumor is dead, which is why we should try and move on to another target, whoever that may be. However, if it were still alive, as I mentioned why not try and trade Oden? Or am I the only one who would be willing to trade him for Paul?

Egame. I was merely saying that others think he IS available for the right price which still gives Portland a chance. Kind of like in Dumb and Dumber - "What are the chances of you and I..." "1 in a million..." "Sooooo.. you're saying we have a chance!" "We landed on the moon!" Sorry had to add the irrelevant quote too because its comedic gold.
EGame
Head Coach

Post#1139 » by EGame » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:07 am

Blazermania08 wrote:think your are one of few fans who would trade Oden for Paul

I figured. It makes since for the Hornets, moreso than Aldridge. It also makes a difference that Paul mentioned Aldridge's name and not Oden. I am willing to trade Oden to make our chances of winning even better. Oden may turn out to be a complete, healthy beast. And if so I would feel awful and everyone can call me stupid, but if I was the GM I would tamper with seeing if they want Oden for Paul. I am committed to thinking Paul and Roy would turn out great with everyone who calls him a thrid fiddle anyway in Aldridge.
BballFanAddict
Analyst

Post#1140 » by BballFanAddict » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:08 am

DusterBuster wrote:One thing that article from Yahoo should do is put to bed that silly theory that we would consider trading Roy for Paul. He's not willing to come here if Roy is leaving in the same deal, so it's not even worth discussing anymore.

I severely doubt that.

I am with you. But lets find out! Incoming Poll!

Return to Portland Trail Blazers