I totally beat you to it Image

hahah! Its cause I had to edit mine!

You needed to edit yours. Heh. Image
Blazermania08
Junior
And1: 4

Re: 'Short' time till the Draft 

Post#1143 » by Blazermania08 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:09 am

Could some one explain to me why NOH would not trade Paul n Okafor for Miller Prezybilla LMA Batum #17 (Rudy to Chicago) #22 or #34 plus cash or future picks ?!?!

Seriously who else could offer 2 expiring contracts a top notch Defender and a lengthly PF and multiple picks to save MILLIONS for a team who obviously needs to cut back on salaries.
farzi
RealGM
And1: 5

Post#1144 » by farzi » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:11 am

Because Aldridge isn't a top tier prospect anymore not that he's getting paid, and they already have David West. Keeping Batum and swapping Oden, giving them 2 first round picks and the 34 while also taking Posey helps them more
ptown08
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#1145 » by ptown08 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:12 am

Blazermania08 wrote:Could some one explain to me why NOH would not trade Paul n Okafor for Miller Prezybilla LMA Batum #17 (Rudy to Chicago) #22 or #34 plus cash or future picks ?!?!

Seriously who else could offer 2 expiring contracts a top notch Defender and a lengthly PF and multiple picks to save MILLIONS for a team who obviously needs to cut back on salaries.

They can get a higher pick and an all-star caliber player from other teams. To trade the best PG in the game in his prime for that package would be death for ownership, management, and possibly the organization as it stands in New Orleans.
Walton'sBeard!
Lead Assistant

Post#1146 » by Walton'sBeard! » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:13 am

The motivation for them to move Paul is to shed big contracts. LMA is a step in the wrong direction there.
BballFanAddict
Analyst
And1: 36
Location: "The face of a child says a lot, especially the mouth part."

Post#1147 » by BballFanAddict » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:13 am

farzi wrote:
BballFanAddict wrote:
farzi wrote:
I totally beat you to it Image

hahah! Its cause I had to edit mine!

You needed to edit yours. Heh. Image

lol - you be fast! snatched that article right from my hand!
EGame
Head Coach
And1: 264

Post#1148 » by EGame » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:14 am

Walton'sBeard! wrote:The motivation for them to move Paul is to shed big contracts. LMA is a step in the wrong direction there.

Oden, on the other hand, is not...
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 19,257

Post#1149 » by DusterBuster » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:14 am

Blazermania08 wrote:Could some one explain to me why NOH would not trade Paul n Okafor for Miller Prezybilla LMA Batum #17 (Rudy to Chicago) #22 or #34 plus cash or future picks ?!?!

Well, for one, if the Yahoo article is correct, Paul wants to play with Roy AND Aldridge, so that's one reason why moving LA wouldn't work for Paul.

Secondly, I doubt the Hornets would want Aldridge's contract. If a salary dump is the main goal of trading Paul, then they won't want Aldridge's contract (which is longer and more expensive than Paul or Okafor) that will just be kicking in. That kind of defeats the purpose of dumping salary.

In all likelihood, they'll want expiring contracts and guys on rookie salaries. If we could find a 3 way deal where we could send Webster to a team for an expiring contract, then send that expiring contract to NO and have NO send Posey to us, I think that really gets the Hornet's attention.
BballFanAddict
Analyst

Post#1150 » by BballFanAddict » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:18 am

Here is where the 1/2 Italian in me comes into play. Why can't Paul Allen simply invest 25 million into whatever Shinn is selling non-basketball related and then curry the favor of CP3 to Portland.

Use one of his businesses and or off-shore accounts to "invest" into a Shinn business on a wink-wink level.

I am kidding.

Kind of.
DusterBuster
RealGM

Post#1151 » by DusterBuster » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:18 am

BballFanAddict wrote:
DusterBuster wrote:One thing that article from Yahoo should do is put to bed that silly theory that we would consider trading Roy for Paul. He's not willing to come here if Roy is leaving in the same deal, so it's not even worth discussing anymore.

Blazermania08 wrote:think your are one of few fans who would trade Oden for Paul

I severely doubt that.

I am with you. But lets find out! Incoming Poll!

So far I was right with a whopping 100% of the votes. Only 6 votes, but still!
Ripcity4life
Analyst
And1: 218

Post#1152 » by Ripcity4life » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:19 am

I believe the Blazers will wait until the very last minute to make any deal that involves more then Rudy. The reason i say this is one name .... Chris Paul

I believe the Blazers want him in a Blazer uniform in the worst way and i believe they will make one more attempt tomorrow before moving on and making another move. This is the one time Larry Miller being involved with the Basketball side of things could be a good thing. I believe in the Blazers minds it's Paul or bust but they will not tip there hand to that fact. The problem is it's about as much of a secret as the fact the KP is a dead GM walking.

One last thing .... this will be my last Paul post until someone says the deal is back to a real possibility. As of now it's an extreme longshot and for us to continue to discuss it is kind of a waste of time but that's just my opinion.
BballFanAddict
Analyst

Post#1153 » by BballFanAddict » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:20 am

I know, I was agreeing with you. I agreed and voted as such. Not sure if you're saying I was the opposite or not.
DusterBuster
RealGM

Post#1154 » by DusterBuster » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:21 am

BballFanAddict wrote:Here is where the 1/2 Italian in me comes into play. Why can't Paul Allen simply invest 25 million into whatever Shinn is selling non-basketball related and then curry the favor of CP3 to Portland.

Use one of his businesses and or off-shore accounts to "invest" into a Shinn business on a wink-wink level.

I am kidding.

Kind of.

*If David Stern is reading this* THATS A TERRIBLE IDEA, WHY WOULD YOU EVER THINK SUCH A THING!!

*If David Stern isn't reading this* Do it Paul!!! Pay Shinn under the table!!!!! Give him a couple of yachts in the Caribbean. Whatever it takes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DusterBuster
RealGM

Post#1155 » by DusterBuster » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:22 am

BballFanAddict wrote:

I know, I was agreeing with you. I agreed and voted as such. Not sure if you're saying I was the opposite or not.

No, I know you were agreeing. Just pointing out that my opinion was accurate! 8-) :P
talman
Sophomore

Post#1156 » by talman » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:29 am

DusterBuster wrote:
BballFanAddict wrote:Here is where the 1/2 Italian in me comes into play. Why can't Paul Allen simply invest 25 million into whatever Shinn is selling non-basketball related and then curry the favor of CP3 to Portland.

I am kidding.

Kind of.

*If David Stern is reading this* THATS A TERRIBLE IDEA, WHY WOULD YOU EVER THINK SUCH A THING!!

*If David Stern isn't reading this* Do it Paul!!! Pay Shinn under the table!!!!! Give him a couple of yachts in the Caribbean. Whatever it takes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LOL! Awesome! :)
farzi
RealGM
And1: 5

Post#1157 » by farzi » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:32 am

But seriously I want CP3
The Sebastian Express
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
And1: 10,547

Post#1158 » by The Sebastian Express » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:36 am

Okay guys I am busting out a coke, a Gourmet Chicken Garlic pizza, and Haggendaz White Chocolate Raspberry Truffle icecream tomorrow night during the draft. If this does not get us Chris Paul within two weeks (plus my sandwich and tacos this weekend which will add to the power of the aforementioned meal) then I simply must stop eating for surely their is no hope for us and my food lacks power.
Norm2953
RealGM
And1: 1,957

Post#1159 » by Norm2953 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:37 am

Hopefully this will all be over with come tomorrow night...

I'd hate to let Oden go for a CP3/Roy/LA type of team has never won a
championship. I'm hoping we can find a way to keep Greg if a CP3 deal gets
done by tomorrow afternoon. Deal JP, Dre, Nicolas and whatever draft
choices we can trade for and use our MLE to help replace the guys we
have lost.
EGame
Head Coach
And1: 264

Post#1160 » by EGame » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:38 am

Doesn't your food always fail? Failed against the Rockets in the playoffs and the Suns as well didn't it? Maybe you should go on a hunger strike, do the opposite and see if something that is horrible, might net us Paul.

Return to Portland Trail Blazers