ImageImage

We should welcome the Seattle fans

Moderators: The Sebastian Express, Moonbeam, DeBlazerRiddem

Jumpstop
Sophomore
And1: 1

Re: We should welcome the Seattle fans 

Post#21 » by Jumpstop » Thu Jul 3, 2008 4:18 am

If the Blazers were to ever move out of Portland, I don't think I could ever bring myself to watch an NBA game again. I'd have to overload on college ball to get my bball fix if I needed it.

To all Seattle fans, my condolences. You are more than welcome here and even if you can't get behind the Blazers, you can share our hate of LA, Utah, Denver..etc, with us :beer:
EGame
Head Coach
And1: 264

Post#22 » by EGame » Thu Jul 3, 2008 4:29 am

Yeah, it must really be tough for Seattle fans, I feel really bad for them. It seriously is like getting your heart ripped out of you, like your pride was taken away from you. I can't quite feel as they do, but I know that when the Blazers were oh so close to moving I would have had a very painful feeling inside. Best of luck Seattle fans, whether you choose to join the rest of us in Blazer discussion and cheer for them or not or cheer for another team in the NBA or be done with it altogether, I only hope the best for you guys and hopefully you get a team back soon.
Yadadimean
Analyst
And1: 76

Post#23 » by Yadadimean » Thu Jul 3, 2008 4:30 am

Well I'll welcome any Sonic fans who still care about the NBA. That's terrible what the NBA did to them.
Signature
PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,684

Post#24 » by PDXKnight » Thu Jul 3, 2008 4:38 am

We've all had our distaste for Seattle at times, but considering the situation, I feel honored to welcome Sonics fans on the Blazer bandwagon. Thankfully, we have an owner that understands the concept of loyalty...
blazersforlyfe
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#25 » by blazersforlyfe » Thu Jul 3, 2008 4:53 am

mojomarc wrote:I PM'd you, but not sure if the functionality is working right for non-mods yet. I can put the request in for you, but I want to make sure this is what you want to do. Are you sure?

im sure! :D
TradeMachine
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#26 » by TradeMachine » Thu Jul 3, 2008 5:01 am

Oden2 wrote: Thankfully, we have an owner that understands the concept of loyalty...

PA: loyal? :roll: http://myespn.go.com/blogs/truehoop/0-9 ... -Hell.html

PA seems great now, but he threatened to do the same thing Bennett did to Seattle when the going got tough.
The Emcee
General Manager
And1: 156

Post#27 » by The Emcee » Thu Jul 3, 2008 5:02 am

mojomarc wrote:I PM'd you, but not sure if the functionality is working right for non-mods yet. I can put the request in for you, but I want to make sure this is what you want to do. Are you sure?

I'm still waiting for PMs to come back so I can request a change as well. I'm surprised we still aren't running 100%.

Mr Odd wrote:One thing I thought was cool, Seattle was able to keep the name Sonics.
They said the NBA told them pretty much the next time a team moves or a new
team is created that Seattle would get first shot at it, so hopefully some day
soon the Sonics will be back and the Blazers can get the I-5 fights back!!

Paul Allen could start the "new" Sonics team, and then pull an NBA Live and trade all its picks and crap to us :devil: :naaa:
KingDave
Sixth Man

Post#28 » by KingDave » Thu Jul 3, 2008 5:06 am

Seattle fan here, I've been closely following the Blazers since they drafted Webster and Roy..

Obviously, I'm not gonna be walking around Seattle with a Blazer jersey on but I'm defnitely gonna support them..I may attend a few games also (gas is ridiculous)

It sucks that I wont be able to see Roy play live unless I drive a few hours.

I hope FSN NW starts broadcasting Blazer games in Seattle, they have to.
Another chapter of the cleanest rapper, distinguished gentleman, crooks and castles on his back, maybacher, exotic lady eye catcher, holla at cha, call me the chiropractor, work ya like muy thai class get prespire out cha- Nasir Jones
87BlazerMan
Pro Prospect

Post#29 » by 87BlazerMan » Thu Jul 3, 2008 6:35 am

Of course Seattle fans are welcome here. I think it would be awesome to see a Portland/OKC game in Seattle, but there is no reason for OKC's management to do that. They aren't going to win back Seattle, that bridge was burned a few months ago. No reason to send their team across the country to get booed for a few hours.

However they are going to have to be in Portland twice, and I really hope that Seattle fans who care show up by the 1000's to boo the crap out of the organization who robbed them. If I had season tickets, I'd be sending those two game North to a buddy who I know would love the chance to give that team a piece of his mind. Even Portland fans who care about the NW should be supporting the city of Seattle at that game. Boo until you can't boo anymore, from the introductions to the final whistle.
BBen
Starter

Post#30 » by BBen » Thu Jul 3, 2008 8:23 am

I posted this on the wrong thread before:

I'm a Sonics fan and have been since before I was picked up by Alton Lister in a pre-season game as a baby. However, I have to say that the group that played in Seattle under Bennett hasn't been the Sonics to me. They got rid of our players and "Mr Sonic" Nate MacMillan left because the writing was on the wall.

I've been waiting for this moment for a while and it really hurts me despite how prepared I was. It is very touching to see the fans of our most bitter rival lament our tears. Honestly though, I'm a bit mollified by the simple fact that just a few hours down the road is another team with my favorite coach and a lot of my hometown favorites (I rooted for Roy while we were going to the same college). Be prepared to see a lot of displaced fans turn into new Portland supporters. I'm not in denial, I still need to watch basketball and I hope you'll accept a fresh face on your board.
NBAMAN2006
Assistant Coach
And1: 2

Post#31 » by NBAMAN2006 » Thu Jul 3, 2008 8:34 am

I completley feel for Sonics fans, and I have never gone through a betrayal like this before (Sans my X). I cant even begin to understand what die hard fans are feeing right now. I truly hope moving to OAK is a terrible move for SEA. I really dont know what more to say. I know if Portland moved they would no longer be 'MY TRAILBLAZERS'. I cant even begin to understand what Seattle must be going through. Screw San Fran, PDX and Seattle are truly brothers, but in the Sill Farrell/John C Reilley (Step Brothers) sort of way.

Become Blazer fans or stick with SEA/OAK, either way I have loved and appreciated the rivalry.
kinch
Starter

Post#32 » by kinch » Thu Jul 3, 2008 9:09 am

I think this move is so absurd it's hard for me to digest it. Oklahoma City may be a great place for the people who live there, but I think moving a team from Seattle to OKC is the equivalent of moving a team from Minneapolis to Boise. Seattle is a major American city and it makes no sense for the NBA, which is no longer a robust league, to allow a franchise to move from a larger market to a considerably smaller one. I think David Stern is completely alienated from the NBA fan and needs to be replaced as soon as possible. I more than welcome any Sonic fan to become a Blazer fan. I think this is just bad for the NBA.
[quote][/quote]
Voodoo
Sixth Man
And1: 12

Post#33 » by Voodoo » Thu Jul 3, 2008 9:54 am

kinch wrote:I think this move is so absurd it's hard for me to digest it. Oklahoma City may be a great place for the people who live there, but I think moving a team from Seattle to OKC is the equivalent of moving a team from Minneapolis to Boise. Seattle is a major American city and it makes no sense for the NBA, which is no longer a robust league, to allow a franchise to move from a larger market to a considerably smaller one. I think David Stern is completely alienated from the NBA fan and needs to be replaced as soon as possible. I more than welcome any Sonic fan to become a Blazer fan. I think this is just bad for the NBA.

+1
BlackMamba
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 81

Post#34 » by BlackMamba » Thu Jul 3, 2008 1:47 pm

wow this sucks for both sides. it's sad because i've been a lot of times to seattle and it should be a very sad experience for a city to lose a team and to lose it like they are losing the sonics.

i would ask the question. let's say the blazers were to move, would you still be blazers fans? i know i will, but the whole city identification with a team i think has a lot to do with it, i think the fanbase is more of the city more than the team.
Sinobas
Analyst
And1: 497

Post#35 » by Sinobas » Thu Jul 3, 2008 1:53 pm

I don't trust that little David Stern. He encourages his referees to be biased, and has obviously asked them to manipulate the outcomes of certain games.

I think that once an owner buys an NBA franchise that belongs to a certain city, they should have to give a really good justification for wanting to move, and not be able to up-root on a whim.

But the reason this is not so, is because it makes it much easier for owners to extort money from the cities by demanding them millions of dollars to help pay for new arenas. That's what it's all about.

To a lot of people, basketball is not the #1 priority for a city to spend millions on.
mojomarc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 966

Post#36 » by mojomarc » Thu Jul 3, 2008 1:56 pm

sonics4lyfe wrote:

im sure! :D

I'll submit the request. Should be changed in the next day or two depending on the Commish's vacation schedule.
Jack wore plaid
Sixth Man
And1: 56

Post#37 » by Jack wore plaid » Thu Jul 3, 2008 2:03 pm

I think Paul Allen will have to walk a fine line when talking about playing exhibition games in Seattle or Tacoma. I think a lot of people in Portland would freak out if they started playing games in Seattle.

I for one don't want there to be any reason whatsoever for him to want to be in Seattle. While I don't really think the Blazers would or could move to Seattle, there is a chance Paul Allen culd sell the Blazers and become the owner of the new Sonics.

I like having Paul Allen as our owner, and wouldn't want someone like Clay Bennett to buy the Blazers and move them to his city.
mojomarc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 966

Post#38 » by mojomarc » Thu Jul 3, 2008 2:39 pm

mcorrie1121 wrote:

I'm still waiting for PMs to come back so I can request a change as well. I'm surprised we still aren't running 100%.

If you feel comfortable making the request here, I will get it processed for you.
yearsago
Sixth Man

Post#39 » by yearsago » Thu Jul 3, 2008 2:41 pm

Norm2953 wrote:I'm wondering if the Blazers would think about playing a couple of their exhibition games
in Seattle as a measure of goodwill to the Seattle fans. Would it enrage the Seattle
area fans if OKC and Portland played a home/home regular season game in Seattle?

Not really sure about that, But I bet you that they are going to carry Blazer games on the local FSN network. I mean what else are they going to have here? Vancouver Hockey?
yearsago
Sixth Man

Post#40 » by yearsago » Thu Jul 3, 2008 2:45 pm

BlazerFanDan wrote:I honestly can't believe the Sonics aren't going to be there anymore... We should really make the fans that even want anything to do with the NBA feel welcome here.

Hey there,

Not sure if I can truly follow another NBA team like I did the sonics, But I have such a mancrush for Brandon Roy, I might be poking in now and then.

I am also really disguisted with the NBA, It just wont ever be the same

I think you guys will get a lot of fans from the area, I would say 1)Brandon Roy 2)Mac10 3)a little bit martell.

Co-Host of Seattle Sin Bin podcast at SonicsRising

Return to Portland Trail Blazers