ImageImage

Hornets make Collison available

Moderators: Moonbeam, DeBlazerRiddem, The Sebastian Express

d-train
RealGM
And1: 1,098

Re: Hornets make Collison available 

Post#41 » by d-train » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:35 pm

NO-KG-AI wrote:Lock this thread guys, Pacer fans have informed me that it would be best if we trade Collison, Okafor and our pick for Troy Murphy and Brandon Rush.

We can't top Murphy and Rush. Sounds like the Pacers are offering the franchise.
BiggieSmalls
Senior
And1: 0

Post#42 » by BiggieSmalls » Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:05 pm

For all the people who say that going from andre to collison is a downgrade.....U R WRONG! Collison is an amazing pg and would have gotten rookie of the year and possible all star consideration had he been the starter all season long. He started in place of chris paul for almost half of the season and put up almost identical numbers to paul. The same all star, top pg in the league numbers that make people drool over paul. Im not downplaying paul, he is a fabulous pg who deserves the hype, but collison is underrated by many people and he is a guy who will put up 20ppg, 5rpg, 11apg, 2spg when given consistant starter minutes.

Which leads me to think that collison will be a bad fit if he came to portland for one reason: Nate Mcmillan. He does not play a consistant rotation and will not give a guy a consistant chance to play and prove themselves so collison will not have a chance to prove his worth.

Collison getting 35+ mins on any team= All star selection, top 5 pg, playoff appearances and most importantly, a chance to win!
DreMiller/Faried>>>>>>>Felton/Smith

Nicolas Batuuuuuuuuuuum!

R.I.P Sean Chancellor
cucad8
Head Coach
And1: 1,141

Post#43 » by cucad8 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:18 pm

Top 5 PG? If he's putting up 20-11-5-2, he's top 10 all time. Gimme a break with those #s.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,074
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#44 » by NO-KG-AI » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:42 pm

Dude didn't even put up 20-11-5 or 2 as a starter, but now he's going to put up all of that.

Apparently 18-9-3.5 with 4 turnovers is equal to 23-11-5.5 and 2 steals with 3 turnovers as well.

Seriously, Andre Miller is still better than Collison, but he has a bright future and should pass him sooner rather than later.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 18,963

Post#45 » by DusterBuster » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:54 pm

I'm still worried about how much Collison's numbers may have been inflated due to the fact of him playing in a system that's already tailor made for a PG.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,074
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#46 » by NO-KG-AI » Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:45 am

DusterBuster wrote:I'm still worried about how much Collison's numbers may have been inflated due to the fact of him playing in a system that's already tailor made for a PG.

They are inflated as much as Brandon Roy's were with an offense centered around them.

I dunno what people think the Hornets are doing that inflates PG numbers that the rest of the league can't do. Must be a thing that is just parroted so much on RealGM it has become true.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"

Return to Portland Trail Blazers