ImageImage

Quick on Trades - W@W 7/28

Moderators: The Sebastian Express, Moonbeam, DeBlazerRiddem

Wizenheimer
RealGM
And1: 7,312

Re: Quick on Trades - W@W 7/28 

Post#21 » by Wizenheimer » Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:59 pm

DusterBuster wrote:Here's a quick transcript of Quick's interview on Wheels at Work today:

Q - Is the Rudy deal Rich Cho's main focus right now?

A - No. There is another deal Cho is working on. Rudy is Priority #2 right now, that's the sense I and Andy Miller (Rudy's Agent) get. He is extremely busy right now and it's hard to get any time with him. I don't know what deals he's working on. I do know that he has been talking to teams about Rudy, but he hasn't assured Rudy's camp that he'll be dealt. He has the company line that "We're going to do what's best for the organization." The price has to be right, the team isn't going to deal him just because Rudy's upset.

did anybody else notice this part?

essentially, Quick is saying that because Cho doesn't have much time to talk to either Quick or Rudy's agent, he has to be working on another deal!

after all, it just couldn't be the case that Cho has decided it isn't his job to spoon-feed the tabloid-like beat reporter for the Blazers like his fired predecessor did; or that he needs to schmooze the agent for a cry-baby euro-player.

Maybe Cho was picking out the color for the new carpet in his office and didn't want to talk to Quick so he just acted busy.

so Quick, a bit inflated with self-importance, interpreted Cho's unavailability accordingly
Agenda42
General Manager
And1: 461

Post#22 » by Agenda42 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:19 pm

Wizenheimer wrote:did anybody else notice this part?

Yep. I'm sure that Cho is extremely busy. He's a classical business type of manager, he needs to talk to people, build relationships inside and outside the organization. Whether that process includes him talking about trades or not, we really have no idea.

Were I to speculate, I would expect a much slower start to the Cho Era than most fans would like.
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 18,934

Post#23 » by DusterBuster » Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:37 pm

essentially, Quick is saying that because Cho doesn't have much time to talk to either Quick or Rudy's agent, he has to be working on another deal!

after all, it just couldn't be the case that Cho has decided it isn't his job to spoon-feed the tabloid-like beat reporter for the Blazers like his fired predecessor did; or that he needs to schmooze the agent for a cry-baby euro-player.

Maybe Cho was picking out the color for the new carpet in his office and didn't want to talk to Quick so he just acted busy.

so Quick, a bit inflated with self-importance, interpreted Cho's unavailability accordingly

Quick said that Rudy's agent was told by Cho that he was working on another deal and that was the delay in answering their calls.

Whether or not you want to believe that or if you think Cho was just lying to placate Rudy's camp, that's your decision.
Wizenheimer
RealGM
And1: 7,312

Post#24 » by Wizenheimer » Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:14 pm

DusterBuster wrote:

Quick said that Rudy's agent was told by Cho that he was working on another deal and that was the delay in answering their calls.

Whether or not you want to believe that or if you think Cho was just lying to placate Rudy's camp, that's your decision.

I think there's plenty of room in there for options other then Cho was directly lying. For one thing, what you're saying is that Jason Quick was relaying information he received from a agent. So that allows that Quick could either be interpreting wrong or embellishing what the agent said. Or it could mean that the agent interpreted Cho incorrectly, or perhaps said something to Quick that was more spin then accurate. It was an agent, after all

And when Cho said (if he actually said it) he "was working on another deal" it could have a broad enough meaning that he was actually finalizing the contracts of the assistant coaches. That's certainly another "deal", and it was reported that the Blazers wanted the new GM to handle that.

not accepting at face value what Quick said an agent said that Cho said doesn't have to mean Cho is a liar. It just means I'm a bit skeptical about Quick's reporting, and I think there's plenty of reason to be skeptical
Klinky
Assistant Coach
And1: 536

Post#25 » by Klinky » Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:39 pm

jeffhardyfan52 wrote:I have taken 2 females to blazer games and they all melt for rudy

You should stop taking your milk chocolate girlfriends to games :P!
Circus Americano!
jeffhardyfan52
General Manager
And1: 596

Post#26 » by jeffhardyfan52 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:58 pm

Klinky wrote:
jeffhardyfan52 wrote:I have taken 2 females to blazer games and they all melt for rudy

You should stop taking your milk chocolate girlfriends to games :P!

But there so tasty

Return to Portland Trail Blazers