ImageImage

The NBENFANT Thread (NBA): 2017-2018 Edition!

Moderators: The Sebastian Express, Moonbeam, DeBlazerRiddem

The Sebastian Express
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
Posts: 14,988
And1: 5,969
Joined: Dec 10, 2004

Re: The NBENFANT Thread (NBA): 2017-2018 Edition! 

Post#801 » by The Sebastian Express » Thu May 9, 2019 2:40 am

I need Houston to win tonight. It'd be amazing tonight.
The Sebastian Express
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
Posts: 14,988
And1: 5,969
Joined: Dec 10, 2004

Re: The NBENFANT Thread (NBA): 2017-2018 Edition! 

Post#802 » by The Sebastian Express » Sat May 11, 2019 3:23 am

I feel like I'm drunk watching this Houston-Golden State game.. but I haven't had any alcohol..
User avatar
DusterBuster
RealGM
Posts: 27,645
And1: 12,291
Joined: Jan 31, 2010
   

Re: The NBENFANT Thread (NBA): 2017-2018 Edition! 

Post#803 » by DusterBuster » Sat May 11, 2019 4:43 am

I'm done ever taking the Rockets seriously again, I don't care how many points Harden can score, he can't get it done in the playoffs. His game just doesn't translate.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
The Sebastian Express
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
Posts: 14,988
And1: 5,969
Joined: Dec 10, 2004

Re: The NBENFANT Thread (NBA): 2017-2018 Edition! 

Post#804 » by The Sebastian Express » Sat May 11, 2019 5:11 am

DusterBuster wrote:I'm done ever taking the Rockets seriously again, I don't care how many points Harden can score, he can't get it done in the playoffs. His game just doesn't translate.


I appreciate the Rockets and Celtics going out like they did because it only makes us and our perseverance look spectacular, regardless if we win game seven or not.
User avatar
DusterBuster
RealGM
Posts: 27,645
And1: 12,291
Joined: Jan 31, 2010
   

Re: The NBENFANT Thread (NBA): 2017-2018 Edition! 

Post#805 » by DusterBuster » Sat May 11, 2019 6:14 am

The Sebastian Express wrote:
DusterBuster wrote:I'm done ever taking the Rockets seriously again, I don't care how many points Harden can score, he can't get it done in the playoffs. His game just doesn't translate.


I appreciate the Rockets and Celtics going out like they did because it only makes us and our perseverance look spectacular, regardless if we win game seven or not.


No doubt.

That said, whatever happens in G7, the winner gets a pretty awful prize waiting for them in the Conf Finals.....

Read on Twitter
?s=19
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
The Sebastian Express
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
Posts: 14,988
And1: 5,969
Joined: Dec 10, 2004

Re: The NBENFANT Thread (NBA): 2017-2018 Edition! 

Post#806 » by The Sebastian Express » Sat May 11, 2019 3:27 pm

DusterBuster wrote:
The Sebastian Express wrote:
DusterBuster wrote:I'm done ever taking the Rockets seriously again, I don't care how many points Harden can score, he can't get it done in the playoffs. His game just doesn't translate.


I appreciate the Rockets and Celtics going out like they did because it only makes us and our perseverance look spectacular, regardless if we win game seven or not.


No doubt.

That said, whatever happens in G7, the winner gets a pretty awful prize waiting for them in the Conf Finals.....

Read on Twitter
?s=19


Yeah, I was thinking about this when I got up this morning. Man. All of us had one chance, no matter how small, to actually get to the finals, we had a chance to see a finals that wasn't Golden State! And Houston blew it! THEY BLEW IT!

No Durant! Curry had zero in the first half!

They blew it for all of us!

HEavy sighing.
Wizenheimer
RealGM
Posts: 34,148
And1: 6,125
Joined: May 28, 2007

Re: The NBENFANT Thread (NBA): 2017-2018 Edition! 

Post#807 » by Wizenheimer » Sat May 11, 2019 4:18 pm

well...Portland has the boogie-stopper in meyers

"I'll take scowls, grimaces, and glares for $400 Alex"
The Sebastian Express
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
Posts: 14,988
And1: 5,969
Joined: Dec 10, 2004

Re: The NBENFANT Thread (NBA): 2017-2018 Edition! 

Post#808 » by The Sebastian Express » Sat May 11, 2019 4:21 pm

Wizenheimer wrote:well...Portland has the boogie-stopper in meyers

"I'll take scowls, grimaces, and glares for $400 Alex"


That got a good laugh out of me. He's such a disaster 99% of the time.
User avatar
DaVoiceMaster
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 18,442
And1: 1,277
Joined: Sep 26, 2003
Location: Portland, Oregon
Contact:
   

Re: The NBENFANT Thread (NBA): 2017-2018 Edition! 

Post#809 » by DaVoiceMaster » Sat May 11, 2019 4:36 pm

Did someone say boogie?

DaVoiceMaster
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
12/27/2017 - 01/03/2018
User avatar
DusterBuster
RealGM
Posts: 27,645
And1: 12,291
Joined: Jan 31, 2010
   

Re: The NBENFANT Thread (NBA): 2017-2018 Edition! 

Post#810 » by DusterBuster » Sat May 11, 2019 5:06 pm

The Sebastian Express wrote:
DusterBuster wrote:
The Sebastian Express wrote:
I appreciate the Rockets and Celtics going out like they did because it only makes us and our perseverance look spectacular, regardless if we win game seven or not.


No doubt.

That said, whatever happens in G7, the winner gets a pretty awful prize waiting for them in the Conf Finals.....

Read on Twitter
?s=19


Yeah, I was thinking about this when I got up this morning. Man. All of us had one chance, no matter how small, to actually get to the finals, we had a chance to see a finals that wasn't Golden State! And Houston blew it! THEY BLEW IT!

No Durant! Curry had zero in the first half!

They blew it for all of us!

HEavy sighing.


Isn't that kinda shame on us for expecting anything else from Harden, Paul and the Rockets? They've done nothing but choke big opportunities in the playoffs for years now.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
User avatar
Shem
RealGM
Posts: 14,897
And1: 2,953
Joined: Dec 15, 2009
     

Re: The NBENFANT Thread (NBA): 2017-2018 Edition! 

Post#811 » by Shem » Mon May 13, 2019 12:51 am

April 4, 2014:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:I never said Dallas was good as Portland


Earlier on December 8, 2013:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:That's the Whole Point Portland is No better than Dallas
User avatar
d-train
RealGM
Posts: 18,371
And1: 703
Joined: Mar 26, 2001
   

Re: The NBENFANT Thread (NBA): 2017-2018 Edition! 

Post#812 » by d-train » Sat May 18, 2019 4:14 pm

I'm sure everyone has seen the Tyreke Evans headlines. You have to have a serious problem to turn your back on the opportunities the NBA provides to Tyreke. I hope he gets his life on track.
Image
User avatar
JasonStern
General Manager
Posts: 8,521
And1: 1,874
Joined: Dec 13, 2008
 

Re: The NBENFANT Thread (NBA): 2017-2018 Edition! 

Post#813 » by JasonStern » Mon May 20, 2019 11:33 pm

Read on Twitter
Neil Olshey wrote:I'm rich, *****! <honk honk>
User avatar
Shem
RealGM
Posts: 14,897
And1: 2,953
Joined: Dec 15, 2009
     

Re: The NBENFANT Thread (NBA): 2017-2018 Edition! 

Post#814 » by Shem » Wed May 22, 2019 6:21 am

Season exit interviews on the Blazers YouTube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/portlandtrailblazers/videos?disable_polymer=1
April 4, 2014:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:I never said Dallas was good as Portland


Earlier on December 8, 2013:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:That's the Whole Point Portland is No better than Dallas
User avatar
Shem
RealGM
Posts: 14,897
And1: 2,953
Joined: Dec 15, 2009
     

Re: The NBENFANT Thread (NBA): 2017-2018 Edition! 

Post#815 » by Shem » Wed May 22, 2019 6:22 am

Shaqtin a Fool featuring the Blazers over the years:

April 4, 2014:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:I never said Dallas was good as Portland


Earlier on December 8, 2013:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:That's the Whole Point Portland is No better than Dallas
User avatar
JasonStern
General Manager
Posts: 8,521
And1: 1,874
Joined: Dec 13, 2008
 

Re: The NBENFANT Thread (NBA): 2017-2018 Edition! 

Post#816 » by JasonStern » Thu May 23, 2019 10:34 pm

Read on Twitter
Neil Olshey wrote:I'm rich, *****! <honk honk>
GreenRiddler
General Manager
Posts: 9,592
And1: 1,375
Joined: May 19, 2012
Location: Blazer fan from Toronto
     

Re: The NBENFANT Thread (NBA): 2017-2018 Edition! 

Post#817 » by GreenRiddler » Sun May 26, 2019 3:31 am

So happy to see the Raps my city!!!! So sad we could be there if only we closed out game 2 and 3 :(
The Sebastian Express
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
Posts: 14,988
And1: 5,969
Joined: Dec 10, 2004

Re: The NBENFANT Thread (NBA): 2017-2018 Edition! 

Post#818 » by The Sebastian Express » Sun May 26, 2019 3:45 am

I wonder if we ever considered offering CJ for Kawhi.
Wizenheimer
RealGM
Posts: 34,148
And1: 6,125
Joined: May 28, 2007

Re: The NBENFANT Thread (NBA): 2017-2018 Edition! 

Post#819 » by Wizenheimer » Sun May 26, 2019 4:17 am

The Sebastian Express wrote:I wonder if we ever considered offering CJ for Kawhi.


by the 'reporting' CJ was not made available when Paul George was being shopped (Olshey basically confirmed that in comments), just those 3 draft picks and matching salary. Kawhi was available and I'd bet Olshey still held CJ untouchable

I can't see that changing any time soon
User avatar
monopoman
General Manager
Posts: 8,011
And1: 2,949
Joined: Nov 11, 2009
     

Re: The NBENFANT Thread (NBA): 2017-2018 Edition! 

Post#820 » by monopoman » Sun May 26, 2019 4:22 am

The Sebastian Express wrote:I wonder if we ever considered offering CJ for Kawhi.

I doubt we even did we likely would have gotten him also, I think CJ is more valuable than DeRozan especially when considering age.

Return to Portland Trail Blazers