ImageImage

This summer

Moderators: Moonbeam, DeBlazerRiddem, The Sebastian Express

BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,943

Re: This summer 

Post#281 » by BlazersBroncos » Thu Jun 1, 2017 4:39 pm

Man, if NKY and the wildcard Phil J are really A) Desperate for picks and B) Still clinging on to the triangle, I wonder if this could work:

Even Turner (17.1M), Myers Leonard (9.9M), #15 for Lance Thomas (6.6M), KOQ (4.1M), Marshall Plumlee (1.3M), #58

We get stuck with Lance Thomas, but at least he can be a 12-15mpg 3/D type at SF behind Mo Harkless. KOQ gives us a nice rental backup center who can fill in while a draft pick develops, but KOQ is near guaranteed to opt-out of his PO next season and demand some $$$ that we wont want to pay. Plumlee is cut.

Overall, PDX moves $ 85,393,073 in total contract salary and takes in $28,316,512 in total contract salary. It hurts to basically lose a lottery pick, but if we can dump two of the albatrosses at once, I think #15 should be on the table.

NYK gets a high pick, a triangle fit and a giant Justin Bieber. Their cap situation is arguably worse than ours with Noah and Melo refusing to leave, so they say 'screw it' and move for the pick. Honestly, ET could be the 2nd best player on that team in the triangle and if Melo is moved IMO.
PDX MM
Veteran
And1: 959

Post#282 » by PDX MM » Thu Jun 1, 2017 4:51 pm

I doubt NY is that desperate as that is a lot of contracts to eat for only the #15.
realEAST
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,312

Post#283 » by realEAST » Thu Jun 1, 2017 4:59 pm

DusterBuster wrote:
realEAST wrote:Hey guys, bulls fan here. There's been info that Portland is willing to attach a pick to dump salary. I'd presume this is considering Turner, Crabbe and Leonard, don't think other guys - Aminu, Harkless - are on bad contracts, quite the opposite.

So with that in mind, do you think Blazers would consider Bulls offer of J. Grant for Crabbe, #20 or #27?

Is there another filler player the Bulls could throw in who isn't a PG?

I put Grant because I taught Blazers might use combo backup guard, since he is solid defender and shooter.
If not Grant, there is Zipser who's a SF.
tester551
Analyst
And1: 829

Post#284 » by tester551 » Thu Jun 1, 2017 5:26 pm

realEAST wrote:
DusterBuster wrote:
realEAST wrote:Hey guys, bulls fan here. There's been info that Portland is willing to attach a pick to dump salary. I'd presume this is considering Turner, Crabbe and Leonard, don't think other guys - Aminu, Harkless - are on bad contracts, quite the opposite.

So with that in mind, do you think Blazers would consider Bulls offer of J. Grant for Crabbe, #20 or #27?

I put Grant because I taught Blazers might use combo backup guard, since he is solid defender and shooter.

I like the idea of Grant. Blazers do need a quality backup combo guard who is a defender.
I just wouldn't include the 20th or 27th picks to do so.

If it were Crabbe for Grant, I'd make that deal.
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 18,998

Post#285 » by DusterBuster » Thu Jun 1, 2017 6:04 pm

realEAST wrote:
DusterBuster wrote:

I thought he was a PG. In all honesty, I just don't know much of Grant.

I'm with tester though, I don't think I'd add a pick to dump Crabbe. He's overpaid to be sure, but very useful and still young. So I'm not greatly interested in paying to dump him.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
realEAST
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,312

Post#286 » by realEAST » Thu Jun 1, 2017 6:32 pm

DusterBuster wrote:
realEAST wrote:
DusterBuster wrote:

I'm with tester though, I don't think I'd add a pick to dump Crabbe. He's overpaid to be sure, but very useful and still young. So I'm not greatly interested in paying to dump him.

That's what I was trying to gauge, is Crabbe one of the guys who could be had along pick. So you think those are only Leonard and Turner?
DusterBuster
RealGM

Post#287 » by DusterBuster » Thu Jun 1, 2017 6:43 pm

realEAST wrote:
DusterBuster wrote:
realEAST wrote:

That's what I was trying to gauge, is Crabbe one of the guys who could be had along pick. So you think those are only Leonard and Turner?

That would be my guess, but it's only a guess.
wjun15
Rookie
And1: 407

Post#288 » by wjun15 » Thu Jun 1, 2017 11:55 pm

I am actually on board with Melo to blazers if we can somehow get rid of Turners contract and a first and even Vonleh...

A Dame pick and roll with Nurkic rolling and CJ and Melo on the other sides will be unstoppable..Defense on the other hand wont be the best, so we will need a tough perimeter player at the 3. But we need to take some risks to get to the top.

Melo gets a bad rep but people dont realize hes had some **** teammates in NYK. He basically wasted his great years with terrible teammates in NYK but hes still good enough to be the best 2.5 option in the NBA.

Do it Olshey.
GEE
Starter
And1: 333

Post#289 » by GEE » Fri Jun 2, 2017 4:30 am

My idea (not sure if I thought of it first) of Melo for Turner, Lemon & #20 could still get sweetened up a bit for NYK. #26 for #31 pick swap or 2018 1st or Ezelli... IDK. Just don't see much downside for either team.

DO IT OLSHEY!!!
(but don't overpay too much)
DusterBuster
RealGM

Post#290 » by DusterBuster » Fri Jun 2, 2017 4:55 am

Getting Melo would be fun to see. I suspect the Blazers would lose him to another team the second he hits FA, but it would make for an interesting couple years. The NBA feels like it's going to be going through another long dynasty here for a bit with the Warriors and there's simply no realistic way to get a team that can beat them, so might as well do some stuff that's at least a bit interesting.
GEE
Starter
And1: 333

Post#291 » by GEE » Fri Jun 2, 2017 5:16 am

If Olshey lands Melo for Turner, Leonard #20 then he could go after Howard, assuming their new GM wants to rebuild.

Portland trades: Ezelli, Davis, Aminu, #26 and 2018 1st
Atlanta trades: Howard, Kelly

Dame / Frazier
CJ / Crabbe / MLE
MO / #15 /
Melo / Vonleh
Howard / Nurk / Kelly

JK!
red_power
Sixth Man
And1: 879

Post#292 » by red_power » Fri Jun 2, 2017 9:57 am

GEE wrote:If Olshey lands Melo for Turner, Leonard #20 then he could go after Howard, assuming their new GM wants to rebuild.

Portland trades: Ezelli, Davis, Aminu, #26 and 2018 1st
Atlanta trades: Howard, Kelly

Dame / Frazier
CJ / Crabbe / MLE
MO / #15 /
Melo / Vonleh
Howard / Nurk / Kelly

JK!

If only it were 2013..
"Fly forward despite the fog" (c) Kobe Bryant 1978-2020
Goldbum
Analyst
And1: 544

Post#293 » by Goldbum » Sat Jun 3, 2017 10:18 pm

Does anyone else think PlanetPat kinda blows up if given Crabbe' s minutes? He not as long but is freaky athletic, and a helluva shooter. Appears to be able to put the ball on the floor a bit more and has some real strength/toughness/edge to him... Obviously I'm not there at all the practices ect... but if the coaching staff believes in him maybe you extend the guy for a few more years while he's dirt cheap then move Crabbe.

Similar mindset on Napier/Layman and ET... our need for an additional "playmaker" diminished when we acquired Nurkic who can create offense for himself and others. I'm not saying that Napier is as good as ET but the shooting/toughness he and Layman provide could hold more value with an interior presense.

This is also why I would be in favor of a Crabb for Okafor swap as we seem to have the type of shooters necessary to put that type of player in position to succeed.

I would also be looking to trade Aminu in order to acquire an asset that could be used to move Leonard and ET... Let's say it does require both 20 and 26 to shed those contracts but we are able to acquire a couple of high second round picks for Chief... Grabbing say Motley and Thornwell or Bolden in the 2nd along with BPA in the 1st could still be a home run draft...

Just spitt balling...
From Portland to Reno to Vegas to LA to SLC and on to HotLanta. Winning at life. Too Blessed to be Stressed
Case2012
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,763

Post#294 » by Case2012 » Sat Jun 3, 2017 11:22 pm

BlazersBroncos wrote:Man, if NKY and the wildcard Phil J are really A) Desperate for picks and B) Still clinging on to the triangle, I wonder if this could work:

Even Turner (17.1M), Myers Leonard (9.9M), #15 for Lance Thomas (6.6M), KOQ (4.1M), Marshall Plumlee (1.3M), #58

We get stuck with Lance Thomas, but at least he can be a 12-15mpg 3/D type at SF behind Mo Harkless. KOQ gives us a nice rental backup center who can fill in while a draft pick develops, but KOQ is near guaranteed to opt-out of his PO next season and demand some $$$ that we wont want to pay. Plumlee is cut.

Overall, PDX moves $ 85,393,073 in total contract salary and takes in $28,316,512 in total contract salary. It hurts to basically lose a lottery pick, but if we can dump two of the albatrosses at once, I think #15 should be on the table.

NYK gets a high pick, a triangle fit and a giant Justin Bieber. Their cap situation is arguably worse than ours with Noah and Melo refusing to leave, so they say 'screw it' and move for the pick. Honestly, ET could be the 2nd best player on that team in the triangle and if Melo is moved IMO.

There's no way Leonard could survive the NY media. Can you imagine?? I would worry for his safety and mental health big time.
Instagram: @casetwelve
Case2012
Lead Assistant

Post#295 » by Case2012 » Sat Jun 3, 2017 11:32 pm

Goldbum wrote:Does anyone else think PlanetPat kinda blows up if given Crabbe' s minutes? He not as long but is freaky athletic, and a helluva shooter. Appears to be able to put the ball on the floor a bit more and has some real strength/toughness/edge to him... Obviously I'm not there at all the practices ect... but if the coaching staff believes in him maybe you extend the guy for a few more years while he's dirt cheap then move Crabbe.

I think Pat gets cut with Bazz and Tim to make the roster space. I would like to see him play with some consistent minutes though. I just see that being tough in Portland. I bet the 76rs would trade a second for him.
Effigy
RealGM
And1: 12,086

Post#296 » by Effigy » Sun Jun 4, 2017 12:35 am

It will be interesting to see what Portland does before the draft. I doubt they want all 3 firsts, so may as well tie one to a player and move them if possible. Of course none of us want that pick to be 15. Ideally they move something like the 28 and Crabbe or Leonard to the Nets before the draft. It's too bad the draft happens first. I think the Nets would resist an idea like that, thinking they will sign really good players, but then when they strike out like they did last year, I think they'd be willing to make a deal, but of course we will have already used the picks by then.
zzaj
General Manager
And1: 2,543

Post#297 » by zzaj » Wed Jun 7, 2017 8:15 pm

Tough to tell in this photo, but looks like Nurkic has lost a little bit of weight so far this summer...

DusterBuster
RealGM

Post#298 » by DusterBuster » Wed Jun 7, 2017 9:10 pm

Case2012 wrote:
Goldbum wrote:Does anyone else think PlanetPat kinda blows up if given Crabbe' s minutes? He not as long but is freaky athletic, and a helluva shooter. Appears to be able to put the ball on the floor a bit more and has some real strength/toughness/edge to him... Obviously I'm not there at all the practices ect... but if the coaching staff believes in him maybe you extend the guy for a few more years while he's dirt cheap then move Crabbe.

I think Pat gets cut with Bazz and Tim to make the roster space. I would like to see him play with some consistent minutes though. I just see that being tough in Portland. I bet the 76rs would trade a second for him.

Why would the Blazers need to cut Pat, Bazz and Tim to make roster space? The Blazers have a open roster spot as is considering the team has openly said they're going to cut Ezeli. So they only would need to cut 2 players to make 3 roster spots for all the rookies (should they keep all picks).
Case2012
Lead Assistant

Post#299 » by Case2012 » Wed Jun 7, 2017 9:55 pm

DusterBuster wrote:
Case2012 wrote:

Why would the Blazers need to cut Pat, Bazz and Tim to make roster space? The Blazers have a open roster spot as is considering the team has openly said they're going to cut Ezeli. So they only would need to cut 2 players to make 3 roster spots for all the rookies (should they keep all picks).

So who do they cut? Tim and Ezeli?
Waynearchetype
Sixth Man
And1: 971

Post#300 » by Waynearchetype » Wed Jun 7, 2017 11:22 pm

We get 2 way contracts this year as well right? Up to 17?

Return to Portland Trail Blazers