Rumors Surfacing of Houston, Portland, NYK Trade

Moderators: Moonbeam, DeBlazerRiddem, The Sebastian Express

britblazerdude
RealGM
And1: 1,344

Rumors Surfacing of Houston, Portland, NYK Trade 

Post#1 » by britblazerdude » Thu Jul 6, 2017 9:30 pm

https://twitter.com/jsports_ent?lang=en

Early rumors but a deal along these lines could make some sense.

Harkless, Anderson, Carmello, Meyers Leonard are names being tossed around.
To Dare Is To Do? 13 League Titles. You've only got 2.
GreenRiddler
General Manager
And1: 1,428

Re: Rumors Surfacing of Houston, Portland, NYK Trade 

Post#2 » by GreenRiddler » Thu Jul 6, 2017 10:44 pm

I would take Anderson over Harkless and Leonard in a heart beat. Lillard and CJ have talked about wanting more help in the playoffs.

Meyers couldn't even get off the bench as the only 7 footer. Moe Harkless looked about as useful as Dorell Wright these last couple of playoff series.

Plus Anderson makes the same amount and his contract is the same in length as Meyers and Harkless. I am of the opinion none of the 3 players will get better at all. take the guy who plays better and contributes more at the same price point as the 2 guys we want to trade him for. It would be a good trade.
Roy The Natural
RealGM
And1: 5,421

Post#3 » by Roy The Natural » Thu Jul 6, 2017 11:08 pm

GreenRiddler wrote:I would take Anderson over Harkless and Leonard in a heart beat. Lillard and CJ have talked about wanting more help in the playoffs.

Meyers couldn't even get off the bench as the only 7 footer. Moe Harkless looked about as useful as Dorell Wright these last couple of playoff series.

Plus Anderson makes the same amount and his contract is the same in length as Meyers and Harkless. I am of the opinion none of the 3 players will get better at all. take the guy who plays better and contributes more at the same price point as the 2 guys we want to trade him for. It would be a good trade.

I wouldn't... Anderson is $20 million... and quite possibly the worst defensive big in the NBA. He's not very good. People are vastly overrating him to be honest. He's basically a Crabbe level player on the same level contract. He'd probably be close to unplayable in Portland with the starting guards. The defense would be unwatchable.

It's gross. Houston's gotta send a 1st rounder to at least sweeten the deal IMO.
Effigy
RealGM
And1: 11,942

Post#4 » by Effigy » Thu Jul 6, 2017 11:21 pm

Apparently there is a similar proposal involving Miami/Houston/NY. The Knicks would get a bunch of trash in that deal, but it's cheap trash instead of expensive trash in Meyers. Nobody nearly as good as Mo though and he's from there, so who knows. I would like this more if it was Turner and Meyers, but would probably still do it.
whatchaknow
Analyst
And1: 716

Post#5 » by whatchaknow » Thu Jul 6, 2017 11:33 pm

Gross count me out on ryan Anderson. Quite possible been the most overrated player the last 4-5 years. Provides absolutely nothing outside of streaky shooting . I'll take him over leonard but at the price of harkless and not cutting any salary? No thanks
d-train
RealGM
And1: 1,098

Post#6 » by d-train » Thu Jul 6, 2017 11:38 pm

This is BS. When is the last time some nobody's chatting on Twitter broke a NO trade?
GreenRiddler
General Manager

Post#7 » by GreenRiddler » Thu Jul 6, 2017 11:49 pm

I don't get people. We need Shooting bad. Turner is not going anywhere and is terrible. Aminu may never shoot 36% again, Harkless is the logic one to cut to bring in MUCH NEEDED OFFENSE in the post season. Dame told NeO he wants better teammates we can't just say alright bro here are 2 rookies.

If we can turn Meyers contract into a 40% shooter who takes 7 threes a game and it only cost us the 3rd wing on our roster who can't space for Dame, CJ and Nurk in Moe Harkless, it is a no brainer. When you throw in he makes as much as Meyers and Harkless it is even more of a no brainer. Our D wouldn't be that worse off either since we can do matchups and play Anderson less mins to keep him healthy all year.

Vonleh/Aminu would still play on a matchup basis for when we need defense from the PF, Anderson when we need offensive jumpstarts.
wjun15
Rookie
And1: 407

Post#8 » by wjun15 » Thu Jul 6, 2017 11:53 pm

GreenRiddler wrote:I would take Anderson over Harkless and Leonard in a heart beat. Lillard and CJ have talked about wanting more help in the playoffs.

I agree with everything you said except for the fact that Ryno will help us, and that harkless has been useless in playoffs.

Moe has been better than Aminu.
GreenRiddler
General Manager

Post#9 » by GreenRiddler » Thu Jul 6, 2017 11:55 pm

Streaky? LOL at 40% that would make him the 3 best on the team percentage wise. 2nd best in 3 pointer made behind Dame. Anderson made 204 threes last year Minnesota made about 600.
GreenRiddler
General Manager

Post#10 » by GreenRiddler » Thu Jul 6, 2017 11:58 pm

wjun15 wrote:

I agree with everything you said except for the fact that Ryno will help us, and that harkless has been useless in playoffs.

And I have been a better actor than Rob Schneider. I ain't getting any blockbuster feature films. Harkless was useless the last series, the one before that he had a good game where Klay shot poorly while defending him. I am just saying we need to value 3 point shooting now that we are stuck with 2 rotation wings that can't do that in Aminu and Turner. Harkless is the only one of the 3 that can get us what none of them can do, 3 point shooting.
GreenRiddler
General Manager

Post#11 » by GreenRiddler » Fri Jul 7, 2017 12:00 am

Effigy wrote:Apparently there is a similar proposal involving Miami/Houston/NY. The Knicks would get a bunch of trash in that deal, but it's cheap trash instead of expensive trash in Meyers. Nobody nearly as good as Mo though and he's from there, so who knows. I would like this more if it was Turner and Meyers, but would probably still do it.

Olynk just singed a 50 million deal with Miami. I doubt they want another big that shoots and cant play D.
Case2012
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,761

Post#12 » by Case2012 » Fri Jul 7, 2017 12:45 am

I would have been all over this before the draft. After taking 2 pf's that need to develop, I'd rather see what they can do. Swanigan shot 45% from 3 and I'd like to see if he can come close to replicating that in the nba.

Plus he only got 4 rebounds a game last year? Eh, I'd rather start Swanigan.
Instagram: @casetwelve
PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,676

Post#13 » by PDXKnight » Fri Jul 7, 2017 12:53 am

Well its kind of a meh trade idea but I have to admit Ryan Anderson would fit well in a Stotts offense especially considering that Turner can't hit the side of a barn behind the arc. I'd MUCH prefer a straight ET for Ryan swap but don't think NY would take ET over Ryan Anderson. Perhaps add some incentive?
DaVoiceMaster
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,083

Post#14 » by DaVoiceMaster » Fri Jul 7, 2017 1:03 am

If this deal is going to happen...

Melo makes $26.3 million, Harkless $9.7 million, Leonard $9.9 million, and Anderson $19.6 million.

NY needs to take back a little more (I know they are below the salary cap).
Houston needs to give up a little more (I believe they are just below the salary cap, but only have 11 players under contract?).
I sure hope Turner goes to NY and preferably Leonard. Harkless if it's necessary for them to take Turner. I want Leonard gone, but his salary is a lot easier to deal with than Turner's. I'd like to keep Harkless if possible.
DaVoiceMaster
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
12/27/2017 - 01/03/2018
d-train
RealGM

Post#15 » by d-train » Fri Jul 7, 2017 1:03 am

GreenRiddler wrote:
Effigy wrote:Apparently there is a similar proposal involving Miami/Houston/NY. The Knicks would get a bunch of trash in that deal, but it's cheap trash instead of expensive trash in Meyers. Nobody nearly as good as Mo though and he's from there, so who knows. I would like this more if it was Turner and Meyers, but would probably still do it.

Olynk just singed a 50 million deal with Miami. I doubt they want another big that shoots and cant play D.

Yeah, a player with a similar skillset to Leonard's jsut got $50M.
wjun15
Rookie

Post#16 » by wjun15 » Fri Jul 7, 2017 1:09 am

GreenRiddler wrote:
wjun15 wrote:

And I have been a better actor than Rob Schneider. I ain't getting any blockbuster feature films. Harkless was useless the last series, the one before that he had a good game where Klay shot poorly while defending him. I am just saying we need to value 3 point shooting now that we are stuck with 2 rotation wings that can't do that in Aminu and Turner. Harkless is the only one of the 3 that can get us what none of them can do, 3 point shooting.

Harkless was the best acqusition Olshey did the last 5 years outside of dame/cj/nurkic. its sad that our only way to get rid of our garbage is to package harkless with them because hes the only one teams value.
wjun15
Rookie

Post#17 » by wjun15 » Fri Jul 7, 2017 1:10 am

Oden2 wrote:Well its kind of a meh trade idea but I have to admit Ryan Anderson would fit well in a Stotts offense especially considering that Turner can't hit the side of a barn behind the arc. I'd MUCH prefer a straight ET for Ryan swap but don't think NY would take ET over Ryan Anderson. Perhaps add some incentive?

Imagine the Blazers defense with Dame, CJ, and Ryno on the court
d-train
RealGM

Post#18 » by d-train » Fri Jul 7, 2017 1:14 am

I'm getting tired of people bashing CJ's defense. CJ is a good defender.
Acountant_Z
Junior
And1: 169

Post#19 » by Acountant_Z » Fri Jul 7, 2017 1:15 am

wjun15 wrote:
Oden2 wrote:Well its kind of a meh trade idea but I have to admit Ryan Anderson would fit well in a Stotts offense especially considering that Turner can't hit the side of a barn behind the arc. I'd MUCH prefer a straight ET for Ryan swap but don't think NY would take ET over Ryan Anderson. Perhaps add some incentive?

Imagine the Blazers defense with Dame, CJ, and Ryno on the court

:ouch:
wjun15
Rookie

Post#20 » by wjun15 » Fri Jul 7, 2017 1:21 am

d-train wrote:I'm getting tired of people bashing CJ's defense. CJ is a good defender.

hes not terrible but not good. hes way more feisty than dame tho. i would say average.

Return to Portland Trail Blazers