ImageImage

Would you Do Davis for Okafor...

Moderators: The Sebastian Express, Moonbeam, DeBlazerRiddem

Wickzki
Starter
And1: 291

Re: Would you Do Davis for Okafor... 

Post#21 » by Wickzki » Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:35 am

No, I personally wouldn't trade Davis for Okafor. Philly would demand more than that in trade and I don't believe he's worth what they'd ask for.

A trade I would seriously consider, however, is....

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y9lltfo8

To Phoenix: Evan Turner + Ed Davis
To Portland: Tyson Chandler + Jared Dudley

Turner has one year more on his contract than does Chandler and Dudley (both have 2 years left). Such a trade clears $484,000 off of our cap for the upcoming season. Dudley's contract was actually slightly frontloaded and drops to $9.53m next season (from 10m). Chandler's rises by about that margin. However, with both being expiring contracts (next year) you may be able to use them in trades.

Phoenix just lost Brandon Knight for the season. They replace him on the roster with Ulis but the addition of Evan Turner allows them to recover some of that playmaking and ball handling. Ed Davis doesn't require as many minutes as Tyson Chandler meaning that they can pump the development minutes into Len, Bender and Chriss and still have some semblance of a veteran presence among them.

Chandler is an upgrade over any veteran big that we have. Would allow us to rest Nurkic when we needed to. Dudley's a better shooter than Turner and is a solid defensive player.
HoopsFanAZ
Bench Warmer
And1: 307

Post#22 » by HoopsFanAZ » Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:49 pm

Ulis is higher on the depth chart than Knight, and Dudley is valued both for 3 and D at a couple positions, so they don't need Turner given their young core of players. Portland and Phpoenix aren't great trade partners right now. Phoenix has 2 seasons and then Booker gets paid. Others quickly after that. Big 3 year contracts don't fit unless it's a serious starter.
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,547

Post#23 » by NYG » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:50 am

valleyman33
Junior
And1: 37

Post#24 » by valleyman33 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:49 pm

Looks like Okafor is now a free agent. :o
http://hoopshype.com/rumor/1140464/
Sorry, my bad! :banghead:
"Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right."
Henry Ford
Wizenheimer
RealGM
And1: 7,314

Post#25 » by Wizenheimer » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:15 pm

valleyman33 wrote:Looks like Okafor is now a free agent. :o
http://hoopshype.com/rumor/1140464/

you might want to check the first name as well as the 2nd name
HoopsFanAZ
Bench Warmer
And1: 307

Post#26 » by HoopsFanAZ » Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:22 pm

EasyEd looks back to his normal self or even better. He's a hard-hats-and-lunchpail guy like Joel Przybilla. His current contract has strong value ... as do the contracts of Aminu and Harkless. Okafor isn't the guy. I'm a fan of bringing back Robin Lopez, if anyone, for Davis in a package. I'd prefer sending out Leonard and Vonleh. for RoLo.

Return to Portland Trail Blazers